Proposal: Jacob Chychrun to New York Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I doubt the wisdom of exchanging Jacob Chychrun with the Rangers.
I wrote about this in other comments. You can just fantasize about this deal.
The task of GM Arizona is to get the maximum price from any interested team.

To NYR:
Jacob Chychrun
As a gift – Kessel +

To ARZ:
Braden Schneider
Brennan Othmann
Zac Jones
Robertson

@50% ret - if the Rangers want it.
@50% ret = Kravtsov + 2023 1st round pick
As a gift – Nemeth + (if the Rangers want it).

I think this is a fair price.
I think the Rangers need to refrain from making a deal.
Replace Jones or Robertson with your 1st.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Some of the proposals I’ve seen for Chychrun are absurd. He’s a valuable piece but he’s not getting twice what Eichel got, who is a far superior/proven player.

Chychrun has taken a step back this year. I was pumping his tires hard last year because he deserved it- he looked like a young #1 all situations dman.
He’s made some pretty brutal defensive gafts during my limited viewings this year and his offense has dried up. Being on the worst team in the NHL isn’t doing him favors but he definitely shares some of the blame.
Chychrun does deserve some of the blame but this looks and feels like a case of a player trying to do too much. We've seen it happen with great (not excellent) players through history. I'm not worried about Chychrun being a #1/#2 on 32 teams in the league.

Some proposals are high, obviously if some of them were offered, Chychrun would be on those teams. I view him at least on par with Eichel return, who got a smaller package due to injury and trade request (and cap hit). Tuch and Krebs are pretty high end assets, that's like getting Schneider and Othmann.

So Schneider + Othmann + Kravtsov + 1st (top 10 protected) seems on par as Krav has asked for a trade and the 1st would have protection. Add Nemeth for cap purposes and you could conceivably ask for Jones if we add a 2nd.

Chychrun + 2nd (better of NYI, PHI, or VAN) for Nemeth + Schneider + Othmann + Kravtsov + Jones + 1st (top 10 protected).

We could drop Jones, Nemeth, and the 2nd and you could find another way to offload cap if you'd like.

That 2nd will be in the 35-45 range and the the 1st should be in the 15-25 range. A 30 position delta is the worst case. Maybe we add a 3rd based on how deep into the playoffs NY goes? 3rd if you don't advance past the 1st round?

Reactions: Prestigeworldwide

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
How about Clayton Keller from the Yotes. Forward is more of a need. Keller was drafted as a center.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Chychrun does deserve some of the blame but this looks and feels like a case of a player trying to do too much. We've seen it happen with great (not excellent) players through history. I'm not worried about Chychrun being a #1/#2 on 32 teams in the league.

Some proposals are high, obviously if some of them were offered, Chychrun would be on those teams. I view him at least on par with Eichel return, who got a smaller package due to injury and trade request (and cap hit). Tuch and Krebs are pretty high end assets, that's like getting Schneider and Othmann.

So Schneider + Othmann + Kravtsov + 1st (top 10 protected) seems on par as Krav has asked for a trade and the 1st would have protection. Add Nemeth for cap purposes and you could conceivably ask for Jones if we add a 2nd.

Chychrun + 2nd (better of NYI, PHI, or VAN) for Nemeth + Schneider + Othmann + Kravtsov + Jones + 1st (top 10 protected).

We could drop Jones, Nemeth, and the 2nd and you could find another way to offload cap if you'd like.

That 2nd will be in the 35-45 range and the the 1st should be in the 15-25 range. A 30 position delta is the worst case. Maybe we add a 3rd based on how deep into the playoffs NY goes? 3rd if you don't advance past the 1st round?
This would already make the Rangers better and they would Chychrun on top of that ! :laugh:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
To NYR:
Jacob Chychrun

To ARZ:
2022 1st round pick
2023 1st round pick
TWO of Nils Lundkvist, Zac Jones, Brennan Othmann, or Braden Schneider (Arizona choice)
Vitali Kravtsov

did you not get the memo???????
NO NO NO NO
on dealing bluest blue chips

although there may be some flexibility in considering youth for youth and not youth for vet, Rangers are backed up deep at D esp LD and do not need Chych, and are better off w/depth and elc contracts.

We need to move both Geo for a 2nd and Strome for a late 1st or equiv, and give their mins to replacements, as we have zero cap next season to keep and self rental is indulgent stupidity.

Feel free to make an offer there w/cheaper futures, pref picks

Rangers are on a good path, shouldn't do anything drastic.

I like Chychrun but some of these proposals are astronomical. If he's THAT valuable, the Yotes should just keep him and build around him.
da bold

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
AZ has 3 1sts this yr. Their own, Montreal's and Avs which is liek a 2nd. Unless they are flipping a Rangers pick for a rostered player currently I dont see as much value. The NYRs are playing good hockey and could be right where Avs pick will most probably be. A '23 1st might be more enticing but woudl probably cost another piece. If its NYRs AZ should start with Schneider and continue.
As an aside, the 1st Arizona gets from Montreal will almost certainly be Carolina’s. Not Montreal’s

Reactions: Smitty426 and cwede

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Schneider, Othmann, 1st, another piece seems reasonable.
Yep. Jones is a sensible piece, simply because he’d be hopelessly buried behind Chychrun, Lindgren and Miller.

Schneider, Othmann, Jones and a 1st is pretty rich, though. So I think we can even it out a little.

First, AZ could take Nemeth as a multi-year dump. Additionally, the 1st could be conditional. Make it a ‘22 1st if NYR wins the ECSF but it’s a ‘23 2nd if NYR fail to qualify for the ECF. Finally, AZ could add a 4th.

These concessions have varying degrees of value. But they’re not nothing (even the 4th rounder will be one pick removed from the 3rd round). They provide a little insurance (the condition), a little value (the first 4th), and a little relief (the Nemeth dump essentially halves Chychrun’s contract).

To NYR:
Chychrun
AZ ‘22 4th

To ARI:
Nemeth (Dump)
Jones
Schneider
Othmann
Conditional ‘23 2nd **
**Becomes ‘22 1st if NYR win ECSF

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Yep. Jones is a sensible piece, simply because he’d be hopelessly buried behind Chychrun, Lindgren and Miller.

Schneider, Othmann, Jones and a 1st is pretty rich, though. So I think we can even it out a little.

First, AZ could take Nemeth as a multi-year dump. Additionally, the 1st could be conditional. Make it a ‘22 1st if NYR wins the ECSF but it’s a ‘23 2nd if NYR fail to qualify for the ECF. Finally, AZ could add a 4th.

These concessions have varying degrees of value. But they’re not nothing (even the 4th rounder will be one pick removed from the 3rd round). They provide a little insurance (the condition), a little value (the first 4th), and a little relief (the Nemeth dump essentially halves Chychrun’s contract).

To NYR:
Chychrun
AZ ‘22 4th

To ARI:
Nemeth (Dump)
Jones
Schneider
Othmann
Conditional ‘23 2nd **
As a big fan of Jones I'd prefer it to be another player lol, but I can understand why he would be of interest. Do you think there's anyway Arizona would retain salary? Rangers would be in quite the pickle even moving out Nemeth. I'd be ok with adding another 1st and making the 2nd unconditional, especially if you replaced Jones with Robertson or someone like that.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
As a big fan of Jones I'd prefer it to be another player lol, but I can understand why he would be of interest. Do you think there's anyway Arizona would retain salary? Rangers would be in quite the pickle even moving out Nemeth. I'd be ok with adding another 1st and making the 2nd unconditional, especially if you replaced Jones with Robertson or someone like that.
I'd replace Jones with Robertson to drop the condition. As for retention, I think that's tricky. They probably want to use the last slot on Kessel. And also they already have a long-term slot tied up on OEL. Is there another dump?

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I'd replace Jones with Robertson to drop the condition. As for retention, I think that's tricky. They probably want to use the last slot on Kessel. And also they already have a long-term slot tied up on OEL. Is there another dump?
If you consider Goodrow a dump there is, but that's a long contract with a partial No trade. And it's doubtful the Rangers would move him anyway. Other than that I don't think so. The other way to make it work would be if Lindgren was part of a deal, but I'm not sure how much of an appetite for either team there is there.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
If you consider Goodrow a dump there is, but that's a long contract with a partial No trade. And it's doubtful the Rangers would move him anyway. Other than that I don't think so. The other way to make it work would be if Lindgren was part of a deal, but I'm not sure how much of an appetite for either team there is there.
I love Lindgren for the same reasons NYR fans do. Kid is a warrior. AZ doesn’t need high-value roster pieces on bridge deals, though. Not a good fit for this phase, I don’t think.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Some of the proposals I’ve seen for Chychrun are absurd. He’s a valuable piece but he’s not getting twice what Eichel got, who is a far superior/proven player.

Chychrun has taken a step back this year. I was pumping his tires hard last year because he deserved it- he looked like a young #1 all situations dman.
He’s made some pretty brutal defensive gafts during my limited viewings this year and his offense has dried up. Being on the worst team in the NHL isn’t doing him favors but he definitely shares some of the blame.

Honestly this is the most realistic and accurate view of Chychrun I have seen on this site. Chychrun on these boards has become the next Bobby Orr for whatever reason.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

To NYR:
Chychrun
AZ ‘22 4th

To ARI:
Nemeth (Dump)
Jones
Schneider
Othmann
Conditional ‘23 2nd **

you are not unreasonable here
howev
Schneider cannot be on the table, he is replacement for Trouba the nanosecond we can do that

next yr he is our 3RD until JT goes

Nils would get moved to 3LD

Odd man out would be Lindgren or Jones depending on how bad we need every scrap of cap space, cause we have enuf for Fox + Zib increases, but even with Strome + Geo + Nemeth gone, need bridge deals for KK + LaF

And then that still leaves NY stuck for paying Chych

-------------------
premise of this thread does not work
related premise possible but not likely b'c not sure there is agreement to extent of overpay and in what currency

but

if there were some 3 way where
Chychrun small + to Sens
Sanderson to Rangers
and acceptable package to 'yotes

that could work b'c Sanderson last I checked had a commitment and has yet to sign his elc

but while I don't expect Sanderson for cheap, I don't know what OTT will demand on top of Chych and NY would be paying lion's share in this equation.

Such a deal only works for NY if they wince at what they consider giving up, but do not gut the youth pool in the process

again, not sure/doubtful 3 sides can agree

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
howev
Schneider cannot be on the table, he is replacement for Trouba the nanosecond we can do that

Odd man out would be Lindgren or Jones depending on how bad we need every scrap of cap space, cause we have enuf for Fox + Zib increases, but even with Strome + Geo + Nemeth gone, need bridge deals for KK + LaF

-------------------
related premise possible but not likely b'c not sure there is agreement to extent of overpay and in what currency

but

Chychrun small + to Sens
Sanderson to Rangers

that could work b'c Sanderson last I checked had a commitment and has yet to sign his elc

but while I don't expect Sanderson for cheap, I don't know what OTT will demand on top of Chych and NY would be paying lion's share in this equation.

Such a deal only works for NY if they wince at what they consider giving up, but do not gut the youth pool in the process

We've talked to Sens fans about a deal around Chychrun and Sanderson, good luck getting them on board. They LOVE Sanderson.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
We've talked to Sens fans about a deal around Chychrun and Sanderson, good luck getting them on board. They LOVE Sanderson.

thanks for the heads up/update

I anticipated that would be the case, hence my lack of optimism

bottom line is we gave up short term future control for up to 2 seasons after this unless Trouba lets us bribe him to induce waiving before

Chych to NY is not an option if for no other reason due to cap

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
To NYR:
Jacob Chychrun

To ARZ:
2022 1st round pick
2023 1st round pick
TWO of Nils Lundkvist, Zac Jones, Brennan Othmann, or Braden Schneider (Arizona choice)
Vitali Kravtsov
Seems like a big overpay so as a Coyotes fan I say YES!

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
howev

-------------------

but

Chychrun small + to Sens
Sanderson to Rangers

Wait, so you dont want to trade an admittedly very good prospect for a top pairing 23 year old D on a fantastic deal because said prospect is going to replace a different very good RHD in 4 1/2 years?

Check back 5 seasons and look at the turnover. No way is the decision based on when Trouba's contract expires.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
it is and I don't otherwise begrudge you but coming out of Ranger hide, so no
And of course that much would never be offered. Besides, I dont see why the Rangers are interested in Chychrun. The D is stacked now and for the next several years.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Wait, so you dont want to trade an admittedly very good prospect for a top pairing 23 year old D on a fantastic deal because said prospect is going to replace a different very good RHD in 4 1/2 years?

Check back 5 seasons and look at the turnover. No way is the decision based on when Trouba's contract expires.

no 4.5 yrs
worst case scenario, Trouba forces we all wait to the last minute, we can move him season after next which is 2 after this or 2.5.

While no chance he moves now I give it 50/50 next season and 2/1 in favor during the following season he waives -- with tacit understanding we owe him one post career and will do what we can re: his wife's career to make relocation comfortable.

As opposed to ok, thanks, you didn't lift a finger when we got crunched under the cap, but hey, that's not your fault, and okay
but you didn't do us any favors,
so expect that once we can in 2.5 yrs we'll deal your ass wherever best suits us regardless of ur preferences
payback is a ....

howev, setting aside Chyc is surplus for NY, we can't add cap hit til the above plays out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad