GDT: Jackets at Leafs; 2/11 - 7:00

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Great play by the kids, and nice for the team morale. I'm happy for them. I wanted blood but at least they played hard.

Edit, site combined my posts: Id rather we beat them up than beat them. Why is Toronto making Columbus look like a good 2nd period team :laugh:

I want to see Gudbranson administer some Justice and earn that ridiculous money

Lars probably told them to calm down and stay out of the box.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
Amazing how quickly Marchenko is coming along with his English. Hats off to that kid.

I would bet significant money the first word he learned in English, was SHOOT.

Reactions: ViD

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Ruining the tank but it seems like we played a really good second and third. Glad to see Sillinger and KJ do stuff

NotTooWideArena

May 20, 2021
I don’t think anyone expected Marchenko to tie for the team lead in goals missing first 25 games or so
I seem to recall back in our pre-season "buy-sell" thread somebody posited Marchenko as a Calder finalist (and it received an immediate "sell"). Clearly that was a very wise and prescient observer. Who the heck was that...? (Is there a "blind squirrel with acorn" emoji available?)

You're definitely right, I didn't expect this after starting the season in Cleveland. He's an impressive young man.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Marchenko looks like a better fit with Gaudreau than Laine. Hmmmm
I said still before the season Laine shouldn't play with Gaudreau. And several times, in addition to pointing out that players shouldn't play so strongly together, I pointed out that Patrik played better with Nyquist than Voracek. Do you remember? Btw,

Johnson is really great. ,You think about me I'm crazy, but this he is better than Gaudreau, a player with a similar style of play, he just lacks experience and strength.

Last edited:

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
great to meet ya tonight @CBJ goalie !
You too!
What a great time, that was after the game, love meeting other CBJ fans.

Have to gush here, this was such a fantastic night for a few reasons:
- CBJ win. In Toronto.
- met great 5th liners
- met Boone!
PXL_20230212_032238768.jpg

- found online an authentic CBJ kepi!
PXL_20230212_131614344.jpg

Terrible season made up for all in one night, lol

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
My daily post:
Laine makes the PP worse
Doesn’t move out there. Completely stationary on the PP. Its not “coaching” that’s the problem.
While KJ failed to control the puck, that goal was teed up by Elvis wanting to play the puck and waiting too long, allowing Toronto to converge and swarm our outlets

Somebody made a comment about his poor puck handling/passing the other day. It’s compounded by the fact that Elvis seems to think he’s good at it and is seemingly overly aggressive trying to make a lengthy pass or shooting it along the boards, instead of a short pass to a defender, more than the average goalie.

Whether it’s in relation to Korpisalo (who IS good with the puck IMO) or not, this is a perfect example of Elvis getting credit for being good at something, that he is literally BAD at. Nothing changed. Fireworks and Legace have nothing to do with it. Just bogus “scouting reports” and faulty perception.

It seems only this year have people come to terms with the fact that he’s not good with the puck, among OTHER things, and in the past his ability to play the puck was literally seen as something he brings over Korpisalo, or as a “plus” to his game.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Doesn’t move out there. Completely stationary on the PP. Its not “coaching” that’s the problem.

Somebody made a comment about his poor puck handling/passing the other day. It’s compounded by the fact that Elvis seems to think he’s good at it and is seemingly overly aggressive trying to make a lengthy pass or shooting it along the boards, instead of a short pass to a defender, more than the average goalie.

Whether it’s in relation to Korpisalo (who IS good with the puck IMO) or not, this is a perfect example of Elvis getting credit for being good at something, that he is literally BAD at. Nothing changed. Fireworks and Legace have nothing to do with it. Just bogus “scouting reports” and faulty perception.

It seems only this year have people come to terms with the fact that he’s not good with the puck, among OTHER things, and in the past his ability to play the puck was literally seen as something he brings over Korpisalo, or as a “plus” to his game.
He made a bad pass , but yeah, I can totally see how Elvis puck movement facilitated a much quicker attack and counter- attack last night , compared to the game the night before . He made quite a few passes that allowed us to get up the ice for transition , as well as gain important puck possession time . It’s been a miserable season for Elvis , but there are signs he’s finding his game.. he’s been pretty good now 4 of his last 5 starts .. I think a lot of that is the team is playing much better collectively then they were early in the season . Aside from the injuries , the new defensive system looked like an absolute train wreck the first 15 to 20 games . The team as a whole is alteast looking competitive now

Reactions: CBJ goalie and Fro

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I don't think any of our goalies (elvis, Korpi, Tarasov) are "good" at handling the puck. The difference is Korpi and Tarasov don't f*** around with it behind there. They do what they need to do and get back in. I don't ever recall either one of them costing a goal against because they made a mistake behind the net or a bad pass (I'm sure its happened to Korpi at some point, but the point is, its rare).

Elvis thinks he's Mahomes back there and is over aggressive when coming to get it and ambitious when passing it. Not a bad thing if you're good at handling it, but as previously mentioned, he's not. I can recall many goals against he's caused by being too aggressive with it.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
You too!
What a great time, that was after the game, love meeting other CBJ fans.

Have to gush here, this was such a fantastic night for a few reasons:
- CBJ win. In Toronto.
- met great 5th liners
- met Boone!View attachment 649135

- found online an authentic CBJ kepi!
View attachment 649136

Terrible season made up for all in one night, lol
You and Boone look like you could be related. :laugh:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
If it isn't coaching decision and although Lars wants so that he moves but he doesn't do it, I would move him to the 2nd PP Unit first. And if nothing change, by by PP for some time. I like Patrik but although he has really great passes but he can't be static.

Last edited:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Marchenko looks like a better fit with Gaudreau than Laine. Hmmmm
Since the Jackets played the same team back to back, I am going to assume it is fair to compare Laine and Marchenko vs the same team (yes I know same sizes will be small). Keep in mind, the game in Columbus should be more favorable to the Jackets wrt line combos/ face offs etc.

Friday
Laine-Jenner-Gaudreau 5v5
46.15 CF%, 33.33 FF%, 0 +/-, n/a GF%, 56.02 xGF%
Laine most common opponents Kerfoot, Nylander, Jarnkrok

Saturday
Marchenko-Jenner-Gaudreau 5v5
57.69 CF%, 55.00 FF%, 2 +/-, 100% GF%, 65.59 xGF%
Marchenko most common opponents Engvall, Kampf, Nylander (although their goals came against Tavares and more)

Also for the record Laine-Jenner-Gaudreau for the year sits at 53.25 CF%, 52.28 FF%, 3 +/-, 57.14 GF%, and a 52.58 xGF% 5v5

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00