Player Discussion Jack Quinn, RW (8th overall, 2020): Named AHL Rookie of the Year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He's starting to really come along now eh guys. Told ya he was a gem. Nothing to worry about! As he gets stronger he is going to keep getting better. He is a late bloomer physically, you're just seeing the start of whats going to be a special player.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
He's starting to really come along now eh guys. Told ya he was a gem. Nothing to worry about! As he gets stronger he is going to keep getting better. He is a late bloomer physically, you're just seeing the start of whats going to be a special player.

I think you were the first on the bandwagon. Heck, You may have been the wagon driver

Reactions: Zman5778 and bert

mcy35

May 10, 2022
Him getting top line minutes is fueling confidence and growth. Tage draws all eyes, slides it over to Quinn who has a very good shot of his own for the goal today. I like the idea of keeping him there when Tuch comes back. Things can change obviously but it could really open things up to slide Tuch down with Cozens or Krebs.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Quinn might have the highest Hockey IQ on the roster. His positioning has improved immensely but his anticipation is off the charts. He stalled two or 3 breakouts today that had TB going oh sh!t because they assumed the puck was getting out and Quinn cut it off. He also made a couple of passes to TT that he wasn't expecting that made him chuckle. I think he has an extremely bright future. And JJ fighting the iron monster but still getting quality looks bodes well

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
There certainly are pros and cons, as there have been peaks and valleys within the Sabres current developmental philosophy since Kevyn Adams took over as GM and Don Granato as head coach. Watching Quinn throughout the season, I think that he is on the verge of becoming a success story within that developmental philosophy.

I'm a firm believer that the Sabres made the right call in bringing him up to the NHL - and sticking with him - throughout the season. Sure, he could have had continued success at the AHL level, and there's something to be said for gaining that experience. If the Sabres were not in a rebuild and had a high performing forward group at the NHL level, my guess is Quinn would likely have been kept in Rochester to start this season. But, he would have had to face the AHL to NHL transition at some point. I'm pleased that the decision was made to do it this year. The confidence that I have seen growing in him and the improvement in quality of his play throughout this season has him poised to take a big step forward next season.

I can make make the same statement for Peterka. He just seems slightly behind the growth curve that Quinn has shown. Though as of late, JJ appears to have stepped it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad