News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
ah man, trading for Eichel only for him to come and cry in LA

such a gamble, don't know how to feel about this if Blake pulls the trigger

it will cost a lot and the contract is pretty significant... what a risk

The injury risk is not nothing either. He seems to miss time almost every year, and the injury he has now is not an insignificant one. Likely he recovers fine, but when you're selling the house for a player, you want to know 100% he's going to be healthy.

Reactions: KingPuckChoo

Ledge And Dairy

The injury risk is not nothing either. He seems to miss time almost every year, and the injury he has now is not an insignificant one. Likely he recovers fine, but when you're selling the house for a player, you want to know 100% he's going to be healthy.
The team acquiring him also likely has to agree to let him do the experimental surgery he wants

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He's missed 21 games over 3 seasons prior to this year. You act like he's missing 30 games a year. Every thing other than the neck injury are common things players work through every year. Go to any playoff teams end of year pressers after a playoff series or two, and nearly half the players will rattle off 3-4 injuries they've been dealing with.

7-12 week recovery time. If he gets the procedure done in June, he'll be working out before camp starts.

He even said "whether that is here or somewhere else". He's not sitting out. He might pout a bit about it, but he's going to play

He IS a recent 2nd OA. Yashin got 2nd OA and a teams best prospect (Chara) after sitting out an entire season. It's a number 1 center in their prime. Plenty of teams will be lining up.

There is a salary floor of 58.8M. They ARE going to take on boat load of salary because they have to.

- He averaged 12 games missed per a season prior to this year. You can't cherry pick what years you want to use and which ones you don't. The injuries I listed were things he disclosed just a few weeks ago.

- A regular discectomy requires MUCH more than 7-12 weeks for recovery. 6 months would be typical (if everything goes well) which would put him on track for a late November/Early December return. I doubt the Sabres cave on this one.

- He also publicly pissed all over the FO. Even if he plays, if he pulls a Hall then that trade value drops even further that if he were to just sit out.

- If you have to dig 20 years to come up with a "comparable' then you don't have one. Tyler Seguin is a more recent one (with out the health concerns, the contract or the desire to be moved) and he didn't return anything near what you're suggesting Eichel is worth. Lesser player? Sure, but not by that much.

Seattle will be able to do this organically through expansion and free agency. Most teams up against the cap need to clear way more than just a single body. Eve if you're looking to get these teams involved (the teams at the top of the league), AND they some how magically cleared the space, how many of them can really offer up a package better than the 2 late firsts and throw ins that you were scoffing at earlier?

The Kings fan who suggested something along the lines of Vilardi/Turcotte/1st is on the right track of what reality looks like. I think that, at least value wise, is the absolute BEST Buffalo could do.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
It's very outlandish when you take the entire situation into consideration.

Richards neither asked out of his situation, had a f***ing truck load of health concerns nor played in a time where there was a flat cap where most of the teams in the league can't afford the player with out unrealistic maneuvering. We can't just ignore these things, they exist.

Schenn may have been a top prospect, but he wasn't on a Lafreniere/Byfield level and I'd toss Zegras over him as well.

I think the Richards template is a pretty good one to follow though. A young roster player, a top prospect (but not one on the level of a Lafreniere/Byfield level) and a pick. Change the 2nd to a 1st and add another piece and we're delving into the realm of reality and what the final deal looks like.

- This is all assuming that they move him between now and the beginning of the season.

Unfortunately, Richards can't even hold Eichels jock in terms of skill. Richards value was 50% intangibles.

Reactions: is the answer jesus

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Richards in his prime on PHI was such an awesome player that I’d have a hard time saying Eichel is more valuable. You’re right and pure skills but Richards was a warrior that played way above his size.
yup but as history shows, intangibles tend to fade much more quickly than skill does.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Richards wasn't 50 percent intangibles, although that was the running joke. Dude was putting up significant points at the time.

I'm not saying he was unskilled. Richards best asset was his drive and will which magnified his skills. He wasn't very skilled however.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
The players some fans aren't willing to give up for Jack f***ing Eichel...:rolleyes:
From a rangers perspective it’s looking more and more unrealistic. Eichel is definitely a better player then Zibanejad but he’s not so much better that the rangers are going to be a better team by trading the assets it costs to get Eichel, and not being able to resign Zibby due to jacks 10 mill cap hit. The only way I think he becomes a ranger is if he forces his way there when his nMC kicks in and that’s at least a year away. It’s going to be tough for buffalo to get what they want for him in that time frame because until he shows that there are no long lasting impacts from his injury I don’t think any team is going to be in a rush to pony up the assets for a 6yr 60million dollar investment if he’s permanently damaged by injury. Not in the Covid/ salary cap era. Best nearest comp I can find for a trade is Seguin but, Eichel is better and Seguin wasn’t as publicly unhappy. While there are differences there are some similarities

Last edited:
Reactions: bernmeister

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
- He averaged 12 games missed per a season prior to this year. You can't cherry pick what years you want to use and which ones you don't. The injuries I listed were things he disclosed just a few weeks ago.

- A regular discectomy requires MUCH more than 7-12 weeks for recovery. 6 months would be typical (if everything goes well) which would put him on track for a late November/Early December return. I doubt the Sabres cave on this one.

- He also publicly pissed all over the FO. Even if he plays, if he pulls a Hall then that trade value drops even further that if he were to just sit out.

- If you have to dig 20 years to come up with a "comparable' then you don't have one. Tyler Seguin is a more recent one (with out the health concerns, the contract or the desire to be moved) and he didn't return anything near what you're suggesting Eichel is worth. Lesser player? Sure, but not by that much.

Seattle will be able to do this organically through expansion and free agency. Most teams up against the cap need to clear way more than just a single body. Eve if you're looking to get these teams involved (the teams at the top of the league), AND they some how magically cleared the space, how many of them can really offer up a package better than the 2 late firsts and throw ins that you were scoffing at earlier?

The Kings fan who suggested something along the lines of Vilardi/Turcotte/1st is on the right track of what reality looks like. I think that, at least value wise, is the absolute BEST Buffalo could do.
That's why you don't move him till healthy and productive .If team is winning he doesn't move.If team is winning and he still wants to move you get a great return for him not a prospect

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
The team acquiring him also likely has to agree to let him do the experimental surgery he wants
upload_2021-5-21_7-30-34.jpeg

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Tyler Seguin is NOT a comparable. He had POTENTIAL to be a franchise center and a former high draft pick. Again, you can't find a good comparable because....FRANCHISE CENTERS DON'T GET TRADED. The Bure trade is probably the closest comparable, and guess what, he got a former 1st overall draft pick as part of the deal.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Tyler Seguin is NOT a comparable. He had POTENTIAL to be a franchise center and a former high draft pick. Again, you can't find a good comparable because....FRANCHISE CENTERS DON'T GET TRADED. The Bure trade is probably the closest comparable, and guess what, he got a former 1st overall draft pick as part of the deal.
Franchise centers don't usually shit all over the front office. Shit happens.

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
The only teams that really make sense for a trade are: kings, rangers, flyers, Blackhawks, flames or Canucks... IMO.

Maybe I am missing the odd team but in terms of player options for a deal that “could” make sense. It’s pretty clear the sabres are not interested in a complete rebuild again and want actually pieces they can plug in here/now.

with this said I am not saying those teams listed want to make a deal, just that they could be most logical option.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The only teams that really make sense for a trade are: kings, rangers, flyers, Blackhawks, flames or Canucks... IMO.

Maybe I am missing the odd team but in terms of player options for a deal that “could” make sense. It’s pretty clear the sabres are not interested in a complete rebuild again and want actually pieces they can plug in here/now.

with this said I am not saying those teams listed want to make a deal, just that they could be most logical option.

Yeah, this kind of feels like the teams.
My money's on NYR and LA; but as a Flames fan, I of course want to see the guy wear the Flaming C.

Flames have the pieces to make it work, if Buffalo wants to go futures, or they have the pieces to make it work if they want good young players immediately.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The players some fans aren't willing to give up for Jack f***ing Eichel...:rolleyes:

"Yeah, it'd take Player A + a few more to get it done."
"Player A?!"
"Yeah, he's a good young player."
"But... but... he could be like... a less good version of Eichel one day, maybe, hopefully."

It's good fans don't run franchises, because no player under the age of 26 would ever be traded in the NHL.

Reactions: Satanphonehome

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Yeah, this kind of feels like the teams.
My money's on NYR and LA; but as a Flames fan, I of course want to see the guy wear the Flaming C.

Flames have the pieces to make it work, if Buffalo wants to go futures, or they have the pieces to make it work if they want good young players immediately.

Chris Drury and his agents royally screwed the Sabres on 7/1/07. I can't see them wanting to deal with him and especially with Eichel having the same agent. Buffalo currently has all the power, they can pick where they want to send Eichel.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Let’s just get this over with.
Fiala + Dumba + Rask + both 1sts + 2021 2nd + Daemon Hunt

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Chris Drury and his agents royally screwed the Sabres on 7/1/07. I can't see them wanting to deal with him and especially with Eichel having the same agent. Buffalo currently has all the power, they can pick where they want to send Eichel.

I mean, if I was Buffalo, there's about a 0% chance I move Jack Eichel to NYR, personally.
The last thing I want is a team in my conference, in my state, to get one of the best players on the planet.

I send him out West, and don't think about him outside of the two games a season we see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad