News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
24 year old franchise center
Who wants out
And is injured currently
And is openly lobbying for a experimental procedure to be done on his neck.

let’s call it what it is.
its pretty clear that the Sabres aren't trading him until the herniated disc is dealt with....

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Then you have to ask why Buffalo would want to give him away when his stock is at an all-time low?

Why did we give away Ryan O Reilly. Once someone is deemed toxic or a malcontent, why keep paying them 10 million a year when results aren't resulting.

Pegula can look to the Bills and say...we got rid of Sammy Watkins and Marcel Dareus and built back better.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
LA - Eichel and Arttu Ruotsalainen

BUF - Turcotte, Kupari, Grans, Lias Andersson, Maatta, 2021 1st

Ledge And Dairy

its pretty clear that the Sabres aren't trading him until the herniated disc is dealt with....
That's not true at all, its clear that they want to see where Eichel's health stands at the initial projected recovery time (end of May) before making any rash decisions on whether to do a surgery or not. Then if Eichel insists on doing the specific surgery they are against then Buffalo probably says "this is someone else's problem now"

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
LA - Eichel and Arttu Ruotsalainen

BUF - Turcotte, Kupari, Grans, Lias Andersson, Maatta, 2021 1st
The Kings are in a rebuild and are not going to trade that much of it for one injured, malcontent player who is supposed to be the Captain of the team who brings a cap hit of $10M. They can keep Ristolainen.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I keep thinking the Rangers are going to make a play for Eichel. Is this offer reasonable?

TO NYR:
- Eichel

TO BUF:
- Kakko
- Lundkvist
- Georgiev
- 1st round pick

The Rags get their prize without moving Lafreniere. The Sabres get rid of season-long drama and add a potential star winger, a RHD who can play in the top-4 and be a main PP QB, a very good starting goaltender, and a fairly high 1st round pick.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
That's not true at all, its clear that they want to see where Eichel's health stands at the initial projected recovery time (end of May) before making any rash decisions on whether to do a surgery or not. Then if Eichel insists on doing the specific surgery they are against then Buffalo probably says "this is someone else's problem now"
Which would drastically reduce the cost as well

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I keep thinking the Rangers are going to make a play for Eichel. Is this offer reasonable?

TO NYR:
- Eichel

TO BUF:
- Kakko
- Lundkvist
- Georgiev
- 1st round pick

The Rags get their prize without moving Lafreniere. The Sabres get rid of season-long drama and add a potential star winger, a RHD who can play in the top-4 and be a main PP QB, a very good starting goaltender, and a fairly high 1st round pick.

Is it a reasonable ask? Sure.

Would 99% of Rangers fans reasonably decline? Yes.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
The Kings are in a rebuild and are not going to trade that much of it for one injured, malcontent player who is supposed to be the Captain of the team who brings a cap hit of $10M. They can keep Ristolainen.

Not Risto. Arttu. But fair enough

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Is it a reasonable ask? Sure.

Would 99% of Rangers fans reasonably decline? Yes.

I'm not so sure about that. The Rangers would be getting a potential 85-100 point, 1st line centerman without giving up ANY of their 5-6 best players. Is Kakko a nice piece? Absolutely. Is he a deal-breaker when it comes to Eichel under contract? Absolutely not.

Is Nils Lundkvist an excellent prospect? For sure. But the Rags already have RHD in Fox and Trouba who aren't going anywhere. They also have two other stud, young D in Miller and Jones. Lundkvist is the perfect player to add into a potential trade because the Sabres need him more than the Rangers do.

Georgiev is also another nice piece but the Rags have their tender of the future in Shesterkin so Georgiev is a wonderful asset for them to add to an Eichel deal.

The 1st is the 1st--you don't get a Jack Eichel without including a 1st in the package--period.

While this initially looks like "sticker shock" to Rangers fans who want to steal Eichel without giving up anything of value, once Eichel becomes your star, top-line center for a decade, the Rangers become legit contenders for a long time. Picture a future PP of Panarin, Eichel, Zibanejad, Lafreniere and Fox. My goodness.

Reactions: Artemis Clyde Frog

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I'm not so sure about that. The Rangers would be getting a potential 85-100 point, 1st line centerman without giving up ANY of their 5-6 best players. Is Kakko a nice piece? Absolutely. Is he a deal-breaker when it comes to Eichel under contract? Absolutely not.

Is Nils Lundkvist an excellent prospect? For sure. But the Rags already have RHD in Fox and Trouba who aren't going anywhere. They also have two other stud, young D in Miller and Jones. Lundkvist is the perfect player to add into a potential trade because the Sabres need him more than the Rangers do.

Georgiev is also another nice piece but the Rags have their tender of the future in Shesterkin so Georgiev is a wonderful asset for them to add to an Eichel deal.

The 1st is the 1st--you don't get a Jack Eichel without including a 1st in the package--period.

While this initially looks like "sticker shock" to Rangers fans who want to steal Eichel without giving up anything of value, once Eichel becomes your star, top-line center for a decade, the Rangers become legit contenders for a long time. Picture a future PP of Panarin, Eichel, Zibanejad, Lafreniere and Fox. My goodness.
Eichel has a 10M cap hit and requires neck surgery. I’d rather keep those assets and just bring back Mika. Maybe shop Lundkvist for a young center.

monix11

Jun 21, 2017
Any offer for Eichel has to include at least one top shelf ELC prospect, or at least one 1st round draft pick 5th overall or better. The Wild can't offer that.

Really? Matt Boldy isn't a top prospect? What about Marco Rossi?

I mean, I feel like there's an argument to be made about either of those guys being as good, if not better, prospects than a guy like Turcotte who seems to be a popular name in Eichel trades

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

elchud

Nov 1, 2015

I mean, I feel like there's an argument to be made about either of those guys being as good, if not better, prospects than a guy like Turcotte who seems to be a popular name in Eichel trades

Ok. I saw a few trades which were in the Fiala/Dumba/1st variety.

I think Rossi is a no-brainer-part-of-the-deal. Like...I think even Wild management knows that.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I kinda think if LA gets Eichel, there has to be another shoe to drop. Something like Vilardi - Werenski. In a vacuum I do see the point that getting Eichel doesn't necessarily make the team a contender.

And if you do something with the Quick contract you can also add a veteran winger.

So its Eichel/young-stud-LHD/steady-savvy-winger, its a bigger picture. And you move assets but still have Byfield Bjornfot Kaliyev Fagemo Faber Madden Thomas JAD blah blah blah

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013

TO NYR:
- Eichel

TO BUF:
- Kakko
- Lundkvist
- Georgiev
- 1st round pick

Any trade with Lafreniere or Kakko and the Rangers say no thanks.

Eichel isn’t worth the hefty price tag that Buffalo will charge the Rangers. Kings can have him.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Because they at least have some control where he’s moved. After next season, Eichel can say he’d only accept a trade to 2-3 teams and the offers could he even worse.

Right, but then ostensibly he will be over the neck issue, which is apparently keeping his value extremely low. Either way, you’re not getting full value.

Might as well roll the dice and keep him, hoping Boudreau or whoever can change his mind to stay. No real downside as far as I can tell.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

I would argue that all three of those players carry about equal value in a trade. Boldly is every bit the prospect Rossi and Turcotte are imo

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Right, but then ostensibly he will be over the neck issue, which is apparently keeping his value extremely low. Either way, you’re not getting full value.

Might as well roll the dice and keep him, hoping Boudreau or whoever can change his mind to stay. No real downside as far as I can tell.
Eichel really f***ed the Sabres during the exit interviews. Not happy? Want to be moved? Keep on in your back pocket and go to management and tell them you would like to be traded.

What he did was a real dick move to the Sabres organization when they did everything they can to accommodate him.

Can you keep a player like that in your locker room for another season? What if he sustains another injury? They almost have to move him now or in the near future, imo.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad