News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
No, Jack Eichel is the player you hope for them to play with. Furthermore, for the Kings and Ducks Eichel actually makes them worse longterm. He stops them from drafting higher and doesn't get them to the playoffs either. Lafreniere has solid odds of being an Eichel caliber player. Why would they move him?
No offense, but none of this makes any sense.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Whats confusing?
-Lafreniere was never considered to be ”Eichel caliber” and is a winger, this rookie season sure didn’t help his case

-How does trading for Eichel make any team worse in long run? If Byfield, Zegras etc are so great, why would those teams draft high in upcoming years anyway? So at worst he would stagnate them, not make them worse...

-How you know Eichel won’t get them to playoffs? He has never played elsewhere than Buffalo, if Buffalo had McDavid they still most likely wouldn’t have made the playoffs any year.

Ledge And Dairy

-Lafreniere was never considered to be ”Eichel caliber” and is a winger, this rookie season sure didn’t help his case

-How does trading for Eichel make any team worse in long run? If Byfield, Zegras etc are so great, why would those teams draft high in upcoming years anyway? So at worst he would stagnate them, not make them worse...

-How you know Eichel won’t get them to playoffs? He has never played elsewhere than Buffalo, if Buffalo had McDavid they still most likely wouldn’t have made the playoffs any year.
1. Yes Lafreniere was and still is.
2. By the time Anaheim or LA are contenders, Eichel's contract will be almost over. At the same time he makes them good enough to not have top draft picks.
3. Making the playoffs doesnt make you a contender. They can make the playoffs and still fail miserably

Reactions: bleedblue94

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
1. Yes Lafreniere was and still is.
2. By the time Anaheim or LA are contenders, Eichel's contract will be almost over. At the same time he makes them good enough to not have top draft picks.
3. Making the playoffs doesnt make you a contender. They can make the playoffs and still fail miserably
1. Absolutely no, never was.

2.Adding Eichel would just speed up that rebuild since they wouldn’t have to wait and hope those players reach a level they’re not even necessarily expected to reach. Besides by the time Eichel’s contract is up all already drafted players are out of their ELC years...

3. So 31 teams fail miserably every year?

Ledge And Dairy

1. Absolutely no, never was.

2.Adding Eichel would just speed up that rebuild since they wouldn’t have to wait and hope those players reach a level they’re not even necessarily expected to reach. Besides by the time Eichel’s contract is up all already drafted players are out of their ELC years...

3. So 31 teams fail miserably every year?

1. yes, yes he was

2. Not when you have no one else to support them, otherwise you just become a 2nd Buffalo

3. have you ever heard the expression contenders and pretenders?

Reactions: Baksfamous112

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
1. yes, yes he was

2. Not when you have no one else to support them, otherwise you just become a 2nd Buffalo

1. Nope, i don’t have a clue where and how you got this idea.

2. How does this make any sense to you? Trading Byfield/Zegras for Eichel would be instant upgrade to their center position, so how does that change their supporting cast? How would Byfield/Zegras have any better supporting cast in the same team?

3. Irrelevant

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
The Rangers need to keep LaFreniere. He's going to be allot better next year. It was a tough year but the last part of the season he showed the promise he will be bringing to the ice. I thought he would be better than shown early on but it's obvious with all the numbers he put up he has talent. He's just not going to be another McDavid.
Kakko is the one who has been disappointing.

I'm not sure how the Rangers can acquire Eichel and afford to keep the other pieces needed to fill 4 lines.

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
Just pretty much what history has shown what the returns are when the star player asks out. Hardly ever at 1-1 deal. 98% percent of the time, the player being traded is the best in the deal and the pieces coming back have varying potential. Wherever he goes I’d expect this deal to be no different.
It’s a moot point until he shows he has no long lasting effects from his injures. Right now, no one is going to be lining up for a multi year 50-60 million doable investment if he’s damaged goods with a NMC kicking in a years time.

I can agree with waiting to see how the injury affected him, but when was the last time a player of Eichel's calibre got traded? And at that age? He is right up there in talent and age after McDavid and Mckinnon and last season he was better than Matthews.

Buffalo got 2 established NHL'ers, a prospect, a 1st and a 2nd for ROR. Saying Eichel should get less feels like wishful thinking from other fans regardless, and even the ROR trade turned out to be awful for BUF since it was star calibre for mediocracy and might be's.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
1. yes, yes he was

People on HFborda doesn’t understand the bolded enough. That’s why every team ask for 3-4-5 premium piece for their top guy who’s on the market and end up getting 1, maybe 2 of those pieces (in rare cases).

Teams aren’t dumb. No team is going to empty their pipeline for one player - no matter how good he is because if you do, you’ll have no depth whatsoever and you will end up like Buffalo is right now or Edmonton was 2-3 years ago with McDavid.

One player can’t make a team, no matter how good he is

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I can agree with waiting to see how the injury affected him, but when was the last time a player of Eichel's calibre got traded? And at that age? He is right up there in talent and age after McDavid and Mckinnon and last season he was better than Matthews.

Buffalo got 2 established NHL'ers, a prospect, a 1st and a 2nd for ROR. Saying Eichel should get less feels like wishful thinking from other fans regardless, and even the ROR trade turned out to be awful for BUF since it was star calibre for mediocracy and might be's.
Armstrong had to be laughing his ass off that he convinced Buffalo to take on straight up cap dumps in Berglund and Sobotka whom they likely valued as "good roster vets", and was then able to pull his top prospects off the table. Getting Buffalo to eventually settle for a guy in Thompson who was at best #5 in their system. Perfect trade to sum up what an absolute moron Jason Botterill is. I can't believe Seattle and Francis were stupid enough to give this guy another job.
With that said, Eichel will undoubtedly return much much more. People aren't wrong when they say he'll be the best player in the deal, that's pretty clearly going to be the case. Where people go off the rails is complaining about having to include blue chip prospects and young players that haven't proven a fraction of what Eichel has at the NHL level. I wouldn't bat an eye at trading my teams top prospect, great young roster player, 1st round picks, ++. You're getting a franchise centerman in his prime, locked up for 5 more years. That Peter Griffin mystery box video is a perfect summation of some of these people.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
A prime piece on an elc is too much to ask for an elite center that's 24??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

For a guy who wants out of his current situation, has a long list of ailments and most teams can't afford?

Yeah.

When I say prime piece, I mean the pie in the sky Lafreiere/Byfield/Zegras shit Buffalo fans are throwing around in here like its a given.

They won't sniff that.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

member 96824

People on HFborda doesn’t understand the bolded enough. That’s why every team ask for 3-4-5 premium piece for their top guy who’s on the market and end up getting 1, maybe 2 of those pieces (in rare cases).

Teams aren’t dumb. No team is going to empty their pipeline for one player - no matter how good he is because if you do, you’ll have no depth whatsoever and you will end up like Buffalo is right now or Edmonton was 2-3 years ago with McDavid.

One player can’t make a team, no matter how good he is

As a fan of a team that's gone through the Thornton trade, Seguin trade, Hamilton trade, Wheeler trade, Horton trade(receiving end), Kessel trade(worked out by chance because of the pick position)...I can be pretty confident in two things. The price Jack Eichel gets will be shockingly low, and whoever acquires Jack Eichel will win the trade.

Seguin for example, before we got the actual trade, fans were saying things like: "getting 3 1sts, getting Jamie Benn, "Wouldn't trade Seguin for anyone in the league except Doughty", Stamkos coming to Boston, Dreger said Boston's getting "Kings ransom", Hedman+3rd overall, Johnny Gaudreau+, HF insiders say he's not going anywhere at all, not being shopped but it's Chia's job to listen and take calls, etc. etc. etc. etc. Obviously we found out the return was actually Loui Eriksson, Matt Fraser, Reilly Smith, and Joe Morrow....and we sent Peverley away too.

Not to say every trade leads to getting rinsed but, are there many examples of a "1 player for package in an offseason trade" that worked out well? Only one I can think of in recent memory is Karlsson for the Senators, but that didn't come without it's own pain between then and now.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
I know it's not realistic but just for fun was thinking about a 3-way trade. Buffalo, Columubus and Tampa could make one that benefits all imo.

To BUF: Sergachyov, Foote, Foudy, Johnson, CBJ 1st 22, TBL 1st 22.
To CBJ: Eichel, Ristolainen
To TBL: Jones, Korpisalo

Columubus has no one remotly close to 1c. So if Eichel comes available they should go for it. Tampa needs top pair rd and a good backup right? So even if they lose on value, this fits those needs nicely. Foote and the 1st are not pieces that hurt them much. Also they get rid of TJ's contract. Buffalo gets a nice haul with a good centerpiece in Sergachyov. Having TJ in the deal is not ideal obviously but i think it shows on the package as an extra 1st. After this if they could keep Reinhart long term the young core would look very good on both c and d. Add to that a hig 1st this year and 3x1st next year. Then wait couple of years when TJ has a year left and move him with a 2nd or something if your young core is ready.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
I wouldn’t do Laf for Eichel even if Sabres retained 50%.

giphy.webp

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Not to say every trade leads to getting rinsed but, are there many examples of a "1 player for package in an offseason trade" that worked out well? Only one I can think of in recent memory is Karlsson for the Senators, but that didn't come without it's own pain between then and now.

The other corollary with the Erik Karlsson trade is whether you are getting the "prime" Jack Eichel or if for some reason post-injury Jack Eichel is compromised in terms of his playing ability.

To Jack Eichel's credit, he's a bit younger than Karlsson when he was traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad