Player Discussion Jack Campbell

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Pickard would get pumped just as bad if not worse behind this defence.
I had a dream last night and Nurse was still getting beat bad by O Reilly on several plays. It was like the Triangle movie. The events just don't stop happening. Nurse finally jumps off the ship but then gets rescued and we have to endure it all again.

O Reilly was clowning Nurse all day at the post. Just outmuscling for fun. When Nurse lost weight he lost strength. I don't know who advised him to do that or if he felt it was the right choice. Nurse can't contain power forward sized players anymore. That really limits his effectiveness. As if to underline the point O Reilly scored twice on the same play.

So the joke of the day when I asked people leaving game what final score was some would say 5-2, others would chime in that it was 6-2, it was confusing, till I watched the game later.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Pickard would get pumped just as bad if not worse behind this defence.
At least he'll be making league minimum while letting in 4+ goals a game with a sub .850 SP.
The team needs to do something to send a message. We're almost at t5he point where finishing top 3 in the division isn't happening and depending how the next 10 games go, a wild card spot might be impossible to catch.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
At least he'll be making league minimum while letting in 4+ goals a game with a sub .850 SP.
The team needs to do something to send a message. We're almost at t5he point where finishing top 3 in the division isn't happening and depending how the next 10 games go, a wild card spot might be impossible to catch.
Oh I agree but replacing poo with different poo is still poo. We need to make a trade for a goalie with starter upside.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Waive Campbell, give Rodrigue a try. He can't possibly be worse and at least has upside.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
I agree. I don't think that he's a NHL goalie at this point. That said something has to happen. We need to target a goalie and maybe get lucky with our own Adin Hill until Scwartz ruins him too.

Their is good chances if we just strait up switch edm goalies for the vgk ones that they just plummet as hard as soon as they touch the roger place ice.

On an individual level our defensive personnel isent THAT bad. Collectively ouch.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Their is good chances if we just strait up switch edm goalies for the vgk ones that they just plummet as hard as soon as they touch the roger place ice.

On an individual level our defensive personnel isent THAT bad. Collectively ouch.
Individually and collectively bad. Why not both?

Nurse was best during the time frame of Mclellan and Tippett. Coaches that can even scheme D priority systems and do. Without that Nurse is a 4D at best.

Ceci is a 6 D, Kulak in Montreal was a 7D. Desharnais and Broberg are not even close to NHL level D. They shouldn't even have been here. Ekholm on a responsible team is a 2-3D, he's not the guy.

Booch is an offensive weapon but defensively incapable. Due to his offense you want him with skill but that means he's playing against skill...

We don't have anything close to a 1D

The only D we've had in a long time that thrilled me was Tyson Barrie, but more due to the offensive capability and prowess working with superstars.

Our D is the dogs breakfast served up when the GM mostly things that anything is good enough.

Our goaltending manages to be worse.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I don't think they make any roster moves with Jack until after this roadtrip. If they call up Pickard or Rodrigue first, then can Woody because of a couple more losses, that's a real bad look on the org for calling up a goalie who hasn't played in the NHL ever or another guy who hasn't played in the league in a few years. That's just entrapment in my opinion.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
I don't think they make any roster moves with Jack until after this roadtrip. If they call up Pickard or Rodrigue first, then can Woody because of a couple more losses, that's a real bad look on the org for calling up a goalie who hasn't played in the NHL ever or another guy who hasn't played in the league in a few years. That's just entrapment in my opinion.
I don't care just do it

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
It's hilarious that a goalie coach isn't changed after Smith, Koskinen, Skinner and Campbell all went to shit in this span.
Certain radio personalities told me oilers goalies have had career years under Schwartz! Conveniently ignoring those seasons are usually the first two seasons they show up to the oilers, and then in year 3 or 4 with the oilers, their numbers mysteriously tank...

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Certain radio personalities told me oilers goalies have had career years under Schwartz! Conveniently ignoring those seasons are usually the first two seasons they show up to the oilers, and then in year 3 or 4 with the oilers, their numbers mysteriously tank...
It's all in the context they say it I suppose by saying simply "he had a career year under Schwartz. A career-worst year statistically, is still a career year.;)

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Individually and collectively bad. Why not both?

Nurse was best during the time frame of Mclellan and Tippett. Coaches that can even scheme D priority systems and do. Without that Nurse is a 4D at best.

Ceci is a 6 D, Kulak in Montreal was a 7D. Desharnais and Broberg are not even close to NHL level D. They shouldn't even have been here. Ekholm on a responsible team is a 2-3D, he's not the guy.

Booch is an offensive weapon but defensively incapable. Due to his offense you want him with skill but that means he's playing against skill...

We don't have anything close to a 1D

The only D we've had in a long time that thrilled me was Tyson Barrie, but more due to the offensive capability and prowess working with superstars.

Our D is the dogs breakfast served up when the GM mostly things that anything is good enough.

Our goaltending manages to be worse.

I feel you, I am myself getting to point where I want to throw the baby, the littles ducks, and even the dog, with the bath water.

I think individually we have players that play way below theirs individual skill level and to me coaching is the biggest offender.

Its all cool to look at boston and just try to copy paste their defensive structure but Its completely disconnected to think you have the personal to acheve that. Now you can say its not woodcroft fault he doesn't get x y z player for his game plan but which coach does?

To me your job as a coach is to establish strategy and systems that enhance the player you inherited. Woodcroft is alergic to that. He openly stated he dosent belive in the conept of line matching, kind of the dumbest thing I ever hear a coach at the nhl level say. For him, every line play the same system, its doesn't adapt to individual skills.

We end up in a team half buying into a system that expose theirs flaw and doesn't enhance theirs strengths. Hence why I said that they collectively suck much more than individually.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Scouts and coaches involved in the Campbell signing should all be shown the door. A bit surprised Campbell has not yet been reassigned to Bako. I also note that Halak is about to join the Canes. Yippie.

Reactions: TheNumber4

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Scouts and coaches involved in the Campbell signing should all be shown the door. A bit surprised Campbell has not yet been reassigned to Bako. I also note that Halak is about to join the Canes. Yippie.

yep, its unacceptable. Our scout apparently even strongly recommended Campbell over Keumper lol

get rid of these idiots. and its a horrible look to still have Campbell on the roster, just no accountability for garbage play

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
yep, its unacceptable. Our scout apparently even strongly recommended Campbell over Keumper lol

get rid of these idiots. and its a horrible look to still have Campbell on the roster, just no accountability for garbage play

Honestly Husso, Campbell and Kuemper are all meh. Obviously Campbell is the worst.

But you have teams like the Kings playing Talbot, Copley and Rittich. Backup goalies on other teams are much better than our goalies.

I mean its pretty much a disaster. Hard to believe that its all on the personnel. I know the team defense doesnt help. Goaltending coach doesnt help. Maybe theres just too much pressure placed on the team.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Honestly Husso, Campbell and Kuemper are all meh. Obviously Campbell is the worst.

But you have teams like the Kings playing Talbot, Copley and Rittich. Backup goalies on other teams are much better than our goalies.

I mean its pretty much a disaster. Hard to believe that its all on the personnel. I know the team defense doesnt help. Goaltending coach doesnt help. Maybe theres just too much pressure placed on the team.
The Kings are also a team that CAN play a tight defenisve system game in and game out which really helps the goalies.
This team as it is built right now (apparently) just arent capable of doing that.
That reality really compunds this problem.

Holland built this team...he should know the identity of this team better than anybody.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
he will be bought out after this year because no one is dumb enough to take him in a trade, even at half salary

The cost to unload him would be prohibitive in terms of draft picks at full or even half salary due to the 3 year term.

A buyout seems to be the way its going to go.

Reactions: gordonhught

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad