Player Discussion Jack Campbell

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Honestly Husso, Campbell and Kuemper are all meh. Obviously Campbell is the worst.

But you have teams like the Kings playing Talbot, Copley and Rittich. Backup goalies on other teams are much better than our goalies.

I mean its pretty much a disaster. Hard to believe that its all on the personnel. I know the team defense doesnt help. Goaltending coach doesnt help. Maybe theres just too much pressure placed on the team.
Copley is worse than either oilers goalie.

Reactions: FlameChampion

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
How he's escaped waivers to this point is beyond me.
Not that he would be claimed, but this ECHL level goaltending needs to stop.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
How he's escaped waivers to this point is beyond me.
Not that he would be claimed, but this ECHL level goaltending needs to stop.

Because 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 10th chances, etc are what we do in Edmonton. Completely allergic to accountability at any level.

M Ace

Apr 12, 2010
Orebro, Sweden
Man hopefully he can find his game. I wonder how his confidence could ever be regained with a coach who clearly had no confidence in him as evidenced by Woodcroft letting his rookie netminder flounder in the playoffs while he sat on the end of the bench. Maybe this change gives a faint hope for Campbell.
He has been worse in the A than he ever was in the NHL during the 2 game stint. We have seen all there is of Jacky Boy!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Man hopefully he can find his game. I wonder how his confidence could ever be regained with a coach who clearly had no confidence in him as evidenced by Woodcroft letting his rookie netminder flounder in the playoffs while he sat on the end of the bench. Maybe this change gives a faint hope for Campbell.
Yep. Its one of the reasons I wanted a coaching change. the utilization of players under Woody was playing favorites. Its stymied development of players that weren't his guys.

I don't think either for a longerm NHL goalie that is indicative what occurs in AHL. Its a major gut punch for any NHL player getting sent down after being in the bigs along time. Most players struggle with that at least initially. How wouldn't they?

Copley is worse than either oilers goalie.
Concur that Copley isn't that much. That said he was so much better than Peterson that he allowed the Kings to turn a season around. He does have a compete level to him that helped the club. But he's below even Korpisalo, and far below Talbot.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Another 5 GA tonight.

I'm guessing he will never see a NHL game again and we buy him out this summer.

What a f***ing disaster he has been.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Seems dishonest to me. How he could be this bad. Dude just wants to not play and get bought out.

Bum just made BAK go from 4-2-0 to 4-5-0. Make him play in the ECHL for the rest of his deal or until agrees to nullify his contract.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
Dude is a fraud. The media just continuously spewed how he is working on his game and how he is such a nice guy

When you sign a $25 mil contact you better have the kinks worked out and being nice doesn't help win NHL games

M Ace

Apr 12, 2010
Orebro, Sweden
Dude is a fraud. The media just continuously spewed how he is working on his game and how he is such a nice guy

When you sign a $25 mil contact you better have the kinks worked out and being nice doesn't help win NHL games
He his worthless. Just bench him in the A to. He will sunk that team to. f***ing 0.819 % and 4.36 GAA in 3 (!!!!) games in the A for god sake.

Just send him home until buy out this summer. How can de not play Rodrigue is a mystery for me....

I am a nice guy to, give me some gear and I will suit up. Haven't been on skates in 35 years but come on....

Reactions: Macheteops

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Campbell's signing could be the straw that broke the back when it comes to Katz feelings about Holland's performance. Or maybe it was the Klim/Yamo trade since that was closer to Staois arrival. Either way, a horrific move where the Oilers had all the necessary information available to avoid it but decided to be stupid anyways.

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Maybe Katz can pay him 30 mill under the table to just flat out retire.
That's exactly what I said a few days ago :laugh:.

I'm sure Katz has a few gold bars and diamonds in a safe he can give to him to sell so he still gets the $20 million left on his deal.

Reactions: McDrai

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Another product of the Big Smoke hype machine.

Dude needs professional help at this point. I feel bad for him, mental health isn't taken as seriously as Bell would like us all to believe. 'Lets Talk' [about how we fired a guy that was having severe mental health issues not long after our annual campaign that makes it look like we care]

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Holy hell Campbell let in some awful goals against AHL shooters tonight. The 5th one was especially bad. In fact on the Jack Campbell Scale of Suck it’s nearly a 10.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
I can't imagine what it's like to walk through his own front door at this point.
Adobe_Express_20231114_2313140_1.png

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I ask this with sincere and genuine intentions.

Is it possible hire, and pay for a lifetime councellor for Campbell, then turn around and LTIR him due to mental health issues?

Cause on the level of a human being, to another human being, watching him sink like this is actually quite uncomfortable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad