Tribute (Jack Campbell is my life) Jack Campbell Extreme Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Campbell is more of a wild card than a James Reimer. The guy’s skill set looks high end. His technique looks high end. We know he was a pedigree prospect who fell short but he’s been developed in a good goalie factory in LA, doesn’t have a ton of mileage on him in his late 20s and could surprise.
He could be a late bloomer to become a starter. He has great technique, great attitude, very athletic and he battles. Just needs to pull it altogether. Craig Anderson was a guy that didn't become a starter till he was 29.

It would be interesting to see if we end up trying him as a starter if we let Freddy walk.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
This guy have played six games for this team and some idiots praise him like he's some kind of Vezina caliber hero. I already wait to see when these same people will turn on him very fast.

If you want to give him mister nice guy award sure go ahead.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This guy have played six games for this team and some idiots praise him like he's some kind of Vezina caliber hero. I already wait to see when these same people will turn on him very fast.

If you want to give him mister nice guy award sure go ahead.

I like his personality a lot.

I think that 64 NHL games (0.916) is his only crime, and I personally don't think that's so bad.

RaFe

Aug 1, 2019
Campbell looks promising but it is way too early to conclude anything.
I hope that he will be reliable when the going gets tough.
We need him to develop, feel comfortable under pressure (he has not tried real pressure yet) and hopefully he can either share the load with Andersen or win the starting position.

A hot Andersen is a wall and when he's exhausted (or going through a shit period) it would be awesome to net Campbell - and vice versa.
Could be a nice tandem if we are lucky.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
He played very well tonight with a great efficiency of movement. He looks a little smaller than his listed height and weight, but he stays square to the puck and doesn't give away too much too easy.

I think Holtby is a decent comparable stylistically. Lets pray Jack can bring us that level of goaltending.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Play the hot hand, especially in a shortened season. The Leafs won’t be re-signing Andersen and should have no loyalty to him. Andersen’s play should have at least forced a platoon situation for the time being.

Reactions: hockeywiz542
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad