Tribute (Jack Campbell is my life) Jack Campbell Extreme Appreciation Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Right now it looks like Campbell is saving our season.

I hope that y'all that want to hang Dubas for letting Mcbackup go are giving him huge props for this trade. Nicely done Kyle! :thumbu::thumbu:

Very true.....and it only took him about 100 games to realize it was necessary. He's obviously getting the hang of this GM thing. :DD

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
If he doesn’t have the mental strength to battle for his number one job having been in the league longer, he’s no good to us in any case. The last thing a contender needs is to try and build around a mentally fragile by coddling.
well I don't disagree with you.

But you can't fit a square peg in a round hole even if it should be a square hole.

When it comes to being mentally fragile the question with Anderson is always the playoffs. Aside from that one run he hasn't proven to be a big game playoff goalie. I guess I'm here and you're here. We'll just have to wait and see. I want to believe that he can get the job done.

Reactions: Its not your fault

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Are we worrying too much. Andersen has not been good this year for whatever reason. It could be he is battling nagging injuries or problems at home or due to a new diet or whatever. Is there a goalie controversy in Leafsland, not yet. Andersen is still the #1 but if he is in a slump, Campbell needs to play bc the Leafs needs points.

That's about it, as simply and clearly as can be said, thank you.

Reactions: Gabriel426

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Im reserving judgement, little worried about his style, and how much he moves in his net, he seems to go down early too. And he also has a history confidence issues. Reading about his background, he doesnt seem to have any formal goaltending training prior to joining the kings... kings former goaltending coach said that coming to the kings campbell told him that in junior he used to rely on athletisim and flopping around to make saves. Then came to the NHL, where his style was not successful at first. Then trained with Hellebuyck in the offseason where he came back and tried to mimick hellebuyck which the former kings goalie coach said was a detriment to campbell (which clearly we all can attest). The former kings goalie coach said they tried to mimick Rask going forward. I am a tiny bit worried that Campbell seems to have had no formal goaltending training prior to joining the kings.

Hoping that he learned alot about positioning in 4 years. He is a great guy with all the tools.

He looks like a bit of a 90s reflex goalie to me and lands somewhere between a Quick/Rask/Joseph in terms of play style. I suppose the standard these days would be an athletic giant like Vasilevskiy who also has the flawless technique, but on the other hand whatever we get out of Campbell is gravy.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Its refreshing watching Campbell actually use his glove hand for catching, as it appears to be among his strengths.

Watching Hutchinson trying to catch pucks that hit him right in the glove only to see them drop at his feet causing rebounds and mayhem in front of the Leafs net, almost as if he was wearing a blocker on both hands was simply too much to take over time.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe Jack Campbell can be one of those late blooming Tim Thomas types. Even though he's not quite that old at the moment.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Maybe Jack Campbell can be one of those late blooming Tim Thomas types. Even though he's not quite that old at the moment.
He never got the chance in Dallas since he only played 1 game for them and everyone knew that Jonathan Quick was always going to be the Kings #1 Goalie. So far Campbell has played great for the Leafs and while it's a small sample size, it's still a positive.

Reactions: Cobra777

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Remember this guy?
Hopefully he isn’t going to completely rust.
I guess his next start would likely be against the Kings next week.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Feels like they really shelved Campbell to avoid a goalie controversy with Andersen. No one notices on a modest two game winning streak but curious to see when they'll go to Campbell next.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Feels like they really shelved Campbell to avoid a goalie controversy with Andersen. No one notices on a modest two game winning streak but curious to see when they'll go to Campbell next.

He'll probably get a game in on the Cali trip.

Reactions: Cobra777

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

or to ensure that the pick given up is a 3rd.
Campbell needs to win 5 or less games in the regular season

probably a mix of both

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Imho opinion the games he played he looked good I wasn't squinting when shots were coming his way, I had a sense of confidence in him.
He is also from seeing interviews a sincere nice person always tapping his players after every whistle.
If Fred struggles I'm glad and confident to see him take the reins. He looks like a goaltender that could get real hot mabe even in playoffs if Fred is having bad games. It was a great acquisition to get another solid netminder.

Reactions: Prominence

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Jack looks to be a solid backup so far obviously. He has done his job so far and i'm sure he's dying to prove more.
He is charming fans and is a favorite after the few games he's started, whatever that's how leafs nation is. But you can't hope to throw him in for a playoff series out of nowhere. That's why freddy is getting his last shot here at proving what he should be.

That being said, Andersen will be played down the stretch so that he finds his game and regains confidence before he may start in the playoffs again. This season has been bad for freddie overall, but the last 3 games have been much better and trending in the right direction. Aside from some playoff chokes, he has been good for this team. And of course if the leafs defense was top 20 in the league (as opposed to bottom 10 the last half decade) it would be easier on Fred.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
FCC262E8-326F-4973-9B03-6F9925ECA47D.jpeg

1st !

He should appreciate the run support he'll get here.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Oh yeah, love him now, but it's only a matter of time until he becomes the latest Leaf scapegoat.
I like that now the Leafs have two very good goaltenders, may the best man start!

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
Well, hopefully the team will figure out how to work hard defensively and not just give up on games, and let the goalie get absolutely destroyed. Eventually it will get to Jack's confidence as well, until Dubas and Keefe figure out how to get a solid 60 minutes work out of this team, it might not happen this season

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Jeff Marek and Elliotte Friedman are joined by Toronto Maple Leafs Goaltender Jack Campbell for a LIVE edition of #ASK31

WolfBlitzer

May 6, 2020
Oh yeah, love him now, but it's only a matter of time until he becomes the latest Leaf scapegoat.
I like that now the Leafs have two very good goaltenders, may the best man start!

I think goalies get overrated in Toronto and never get blame like DMen do.
The credit Andersen got for every Leaf win was ludicrous.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
dude's a glorified james reimer

Campbell is more of a wild card than a James Reimer. The guy’s skill set looks high end. His technique looks high end. We know he was a pedigree prospect who fell short but he’s been developed in a good goalie factory in LA, doesn’t have a ton of mileage on him in his late 20s and could surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad