Proposal: J.T. Miller to TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Right. My point is that the Leafs offer here is typically what teams pay to rent a top forward like JTM for one playoff run. To get him for two they (or some other team) need to step up with a 1st + two of their top prospects or two 1sts + a top prospect or something along those lines.

That might be the ask but what happens if no team "steps up" with that kind of an offer this year? What's the ask going to be next year when he'd simply be a rental?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Right. My point is that the Leafs offer here is typically what teams pay to rent a top forward like JTM for one playoff run. To get him for two they (or some other team) need to step up with a 1st + two of their top prospects or two 1sts + a top prospect or something along those lines.

Sure if it comes with the Canucks retaining say 50% salary I can see the Leafs offering 2 firsts and say Knies but I'm not entirely sold that the Leafs need is a guy like Miller really.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
The offers they get for Miller at the 2023 trade deadline should be similar to the one in this thread so they're not losing out on anything by keeping him.
He loses a lot of value becoming a rental next year. Has a lot more value at this deadline

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
What if?…if you make decisions off what if decisions you will never win a cup as a GM. You can say this about everyone with 2 years left on their contract

You could get something extremely valuable for him even if it's not the ask.

Is this about stubbornness or principle?

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
Maybe it would be easier to simply just say the leafs offered a wonderful package that has enormous value but does not meet the Canucks’ needs and is not desirable. Does that satisfy the ire of most of the base?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

He will be a UFA and the Canucks will also have to deal with Brock this off season and for the 23-24 season they have to deal with Horvat and Myers and EP40 the following year.

Highly unlikely that the Canucks can give him the most money or a run at the cup so why would he sign here?

But wait you say the Canucks are doing better than we expect, then most likely one or more of EP40, Hogs or Pods are doing really well (and most likely Horvat as well) so then you need to resign all 5 over a 2 year period, just doesn't add up.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
To be fair Id do the OPs proposal, but not for Miller, but for Brock Boeser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad