Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Im not surprised we arent hearing news about this. Still pretty early in the off season. Id expect this to happen in another 2-3 weeks personally. Dubas is definitely a possibility.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I know it’s TIOPS but here you go…if anyone wanted an answer to how safe Mike Sullivan’s seat is, please read below at your peril lol…oh, this is from another poster on another site who subscribes…

“--claims Penguins have had 8-10 interviews so far with potential candidates, mostly phone interviews.

--claims things are moving extremely slow, that FSG still doesn't know exactly what the structure will be, and that they are finding out that having an experienced GM with 2-3 individuals beneath them that still have significant say in matters may be more rooted in fantasy. Says this has been FSGs main goal, finding multiple persons with similar philosophies and that will mesh well together.

--claims that a number of former GMs they have spoken to or have shown interest are all more interested in a more traditional GM role than becoming a president of hockey ops type of role.

--claims that the Penguins are running into obstacles getting permission from teams to interview. Says Dallas allowed Penguins to speak to Steve Greeley, but another team in the playoffs said they could not speak to a prominent AGM until July 1st (essentially saying no). TIOPS claims that it is believed to be either Carolina (Tulsky) or Seattle (Mandrycky/Botteril).

--claims Stan Bowman interviewed in Florida last week with 2 Penguins officials, and says Penguins have yet to kill that "rumor" Also saying that Sullivan and his connections are having a big influence on who they bring in; says Bergevin also interviewed last week, and Doug Wilson's name is gaining some traction as a potential interview candidate.”

Reactions: BusinessGoose

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
Sacramento, CA
@Andy99

Pens upon hearing they will get a new GM, but these are the strings attached:

boy-school.gif

Reactions: Andy99

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
I know it’s TIOPS but here you go…if anyone wanted an answer to how safe Mike Sullivan’s seat is, please read below at your peril lol…oh, this is from another poster on another site who subscribes…

“--claims Penguins have had 8-10 interviews so far with potential candidates, mostly phone interviews.

--claims things are moving extremely slow, that FSG still doesn't know exactly what the structure will be, and that they are finding out that having an experienced GM with 2-3 individuals beneath them that still have significant say in matters may be more rooted in fantasy. Says this has been FSGs main goal, finding multiple persons with similar philosophies and that will mesh well together.

--claims that a number of former GMs they have spoken to or have shown interest are all more interested in a more traditional GM role than becoming a president of hockey ops type of role.

--claims that the Penguins are running into obstacles getting permission from teams to interview. Says Dallas allowed Penguins to speak to Steve Greeley, but another team in the playoffs said they could not speak to a prominent AGM until July 1st (essentially saying no). TIOPS claims that it is believed to be either Carolina (Tulsky) or Seattle (Mandrycky/Botteril).

--claims Stan Bowman interviewed in Florida last week with 2 Penguins officials, and says Penguins have yet to kill that "rumor" Also saying that Sullivan and his connections are having a big influence on who they bring in; says Bergevin also interviewed last week, and Doug Wilson's name is gaining some traction as a potential interview candidate.”
Friedman said Bettman isn’t even allowing Bowman or Q to talk to teams. Also, I doubt it’d be Tulsky that they wouldn’t allow to interview until July 1 considering he interviewed for the Chicago job last year.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The draft isn't until June 29th. The Pens have plenty of time to find a gm.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
TIOPS is a shit stew of bad information, baseless rumors and outright speculation.

That said that's a pretty disgraceful list of candidates indicated in that last paragraph.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
TIOPS, Ryan Wilson too. Sorry bud.
I don’t like the fun police ruining a perfectly good hockey board…if you don’t like the person, too bad…we should be allowed to post as much speculation as we like…no difference between us doing it ourselves and one of us posting TIOPS or Yohe etc doing it…so either only “factual” posts (boring) are permitted here, or no one gets to post their stupid opinions, whether it’s Dummy or Rob Rossi lol

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don’t like the fun police ruining a perfectly good hockey board…if you don’t like the person, too bad…we should be allowed to post as much speculation as we like…no difference between us doing it ourselves and one of us posting TIOPS or Yohe etc doing it…so either only “factual” posts (boring) are permitted here, or no one gets to post their stupid opinions, whether it’s Dummy or Rob Rossi lol
I'm not being serious, dork. :laugh: I just don't know how or why anybody gives a single slimy shit about anything posted by the numerous hordes of idiots hovering around covering this team (who are routinely so incorrect it's absurd) for years, and even less so for blogs like TIOPS or Ryan Wilson.

• Haha

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Friedman said Bettman isn’t even allowing Bowman or Q to talk to teams. Also, I doubt it’d be Tulsky that they wouldn’t allow to interview until July 1 considering he interviewed for the Chicago job last year.
He is Just puking out names that everyone else has mentioned

Hey Hockeybuzz does that Go there ............ oh wait

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm not being serious, dork. :laugh: I just don't know how or why anybody gives a single slimy shit about anything posted by the numerous hordes of idiots hovering around covering this team (who are routinely so incorrect it's absurd) for years, and even less so for blogs like TIOPS or Ryan Wilson.
Because it’s fun to talk about…I don’t “care” what they think

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Bowman is the kind of name you leak to the media to get fans to be okay with anybody but him lol. There is no chance they are seriously interested, but he has major connections so why not pick his brain? That said, pretty sure they haven't even interviewed him. Nobody knows anything so far.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
TIOPS is never accurate and the regurgitation of so-called candidates like Wilson and Bergevin is proof they have no idea what they're talking about.

Retread candidates are antithetical to the hires FSG has made in other sports. Just research the backgrounds and specialties of Chaim Bloom, Brian O'Halloran, Dave Fallows, and Michael Gordon. Even each of their coaches fit a certain mold. Alex Cora, Jurgen Klopp and Mike Sullivan have different backgrounds, but they utilize analytics, prioritize communication with players, and are pragmatic coaches. None are perfect and are open to criticism, but they're not "old school."

Whether FSG's plan is successful is to be determined. But there is no question they have a philosophy and I would be stunned if their eventual hire does not fit that philosophy.

Bowman is the kind of name you leak to the media to get fans to be okay with anybody but him lol. There is no chance they are seriously interested, but he has major connections so why not pick his brain? That said, pretty sure they haven't even interviewed him. Nobody knows anything so far.
Bowman's name is out there because his agent is pushing it and national media folks like Friedman will throw them a bone in order to get access to information down the road.

It's transactional journalism and it happens in every sport with the national reporters.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

This last part is literally just the same list of candidates that Elliotte Friedman speculated about a few days ago.

The cycle of speculation to rumor is even shorter when sites like TIOPS get involved.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Another thing about Doug Wilson being interviewed. Didn’t he re-sign from the Sharks position due to health related reasons? Feel like nobody has any clue what’s going on with this search and just merely guessing.
I think that was was a courtesy to Wilson instead of firing him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad