Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
More Stan Bowman smoke. I would be absolutely disgusted.

Forgetting for a second the whole Kyle Beach situation, even if one judged Bowman strictly on how he did as a GM, why would anyone want him? He inherited that dynasty from Tallon and proceeded to sign bad contract after bad contract, and made bad trade after bad trade.

Then you add in the Beach/Aldridge stuff and it makes it even more questionable why the Pens would even entertain Stan Bowman as an opton.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Forgetting for a second the whole Kyle Beach situation, even if one judged Bowman strictly on how he did as a GM, why would anyone want him? He inherited that dynasty from Tallon and proceeded to sign bad contract after bad contract, and made bad trade after bad trade.

Then you add in the Beach/Aldridge stuff and it makes it even more questionable why the Pens would even entertain Stan Bowman as an opton.
His scouts found Panarin, though. (Ignore the fact that he then traded Panarin for Saad :biglaugh:)

Dude sucks as a GM and is an even worse person. Bowman and anybody that wants him can eat shit.

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
Where's the Bowman crap coming from? I hope to God not a legit source.
Andy Strickland who has a history of throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks. If you actually read the language of the tweet, he’s merely spitballing. Not connecting, not using any language with substance. Just throwing his opinion that he wouldn’t be surprised if there’s mutual interest.

The tweet also didn’t make sense because he cited Bowman family history with the Penguins as a reason why there could be some interest. Mario isn’t the owner anymore. FSG is. They have no connection or affiliation with the Bowmans.

Arkadiusz

Feb 22, 2019
Concord, MA
It has been 1,837 days since Sullivan last coached a winning round in the playoffs.
Do u guys know Sully is a sought after commodity?

BroadwayStorm

Registered User​

Aug 2, 20054,1701,424New York City
Gallant is a shitty coach. He is a dinosaur. Too much of a players coach. And this team right now needs some structure. It's too wild, there is no plan. Everyone freelances and turns the puck over, especially Panarin. There is no system for the kids to develop in. I hate it. I want Mike Sullivan or someone with an offensive background but more of a system. We need to put more pucks on net too. Or give an up and coming guy a shot. Not some college coach but a good young assistant with experience who knows modern hockey. Maybe something like that will get more out of the players.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Do u guys know Sully is a sought after commodity?

BroadwayStorm

Registered User​

Aug 2, 20054,1701,424New York City
Gallant is a shitty coach. He is a dinosaur. Too much of a players coach. And this team right now needs some structure. It's too wild, there is no plan. Everyone freelances and turns the puck over, especially Panarin. There is no system for the kids to develop in. I hate it. I want Mike Sullivan or someone with an offensive background but more of a system. We need to put more pucks on net too. Or give an up and coming guy a shot. Not some college coach but a good young assistant with experience who knows modern hockey. Maybe something like that will get more out of the players.
lol…so mike Sullivan by contrast is not a players coach, holds guys accountable and plays with structure? What team is he watching?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Bowman has done nothing except clown himself. No way would an ownership that always seems to field success go after someone like Bowman.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Some of you act like there are tons of viable candidates out there that would love to take this job, but also seem to forget our last three GMs were far from elite or even respected. I mean Christ, we hired Ron Hextall.

Last edited:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Some of you act like there are tons of viable candidates out there that would love to take this job, but also seem to forget our last three GMs were far from elite or even respected. I mean Christ, we hired Ron Hextall.
There are. There's only 32 gm jobs in the league and most are taken. We could have the generation X Pens roster and a lot of people would still be interested in this job.

There will be no shortage of interested candidates for FSG to choose from.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Relax folks. This Bowman shit is little more than clickbait. I am no big fan of FSG but realize they are smarter than to do something so patently ignorant and tone deaf. But, in a pathetic way, it is little more than a tempest in a teapot - Hextall so f***ed this team that no GM/Exec. "team" is going to right the ship. It is all about triage now. Time to bayonet the wounded and hope for lottery picks. And that was not how this had to go. Not this fast. Hextall will never have a management or personel deciding position in the NHL again.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Relax folks. This Bowman shit is little more than clickbait. I am no big fan of FSG but realize they are smarter than to do something so patently ignorant and tone deaf. But, in a pathetic way, it is little more than a tempest in a teapot - Hextall so f***ed this team that no GM/Exec. "team" is going to right the ship. It is all about triage now. Time to bayonet the wounded and hope for lottery picks. And that was not how this had to go. Not this fast. Hextall will never have a management or personel deciding position in the NHL again.
A lot of fans liked the hiring of Hextall. Some fans even defended him until only a couple of months ago. Scary. It’s pretty clear he had no idea what he was doing here or in Philly.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Any list of names that have been interviewed by the Pens in the past couple of days?
Besides Bergevin ( I f***ing hope not ) I've heard the name of Wendell Young? Any sources confirming?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Hawks fan here, really hoping for your sake's you don't hire Bowman. Even disregarding the Beach incident, he was not a competent GM from the moment after we won the Cup in 2015. Aside from initially signing Panarin, it was one bad move after another. Poor draft selections, lack of long term vision, terrible pro scouting. Bad bad bad. It's a headscratcher he's even being considered.

If he is hired, be prepared for a Seth Jones trade and a Patrick Kane UFA signing.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Don't really care how long it takes as long as they find the right people for the job. The wheels are gonna fall off this team in a few short years, so you'd better make sure the new group has an eye for building as well. None of this bullshit "Hextall's a builder" stuff. People with a clear vision who have a plan. Hextall's never built anything, and he sure as shit hasn't ever iced a competitive team. Dude coasted on a recognizable last name.

Take all summer, I don't think it matters. The team's scouts very likely already have a game plan heading into the draft. Not that I trust this organization's pro or amateur scouting, just saying, a new FO isn't gonna change who they're likely targeting at 14OA.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Bowman as a GM is one of those "maniac fan to casual fan" moves for me. Like a "I will be a Penguins fan first and foremost but l will make more time to watch others as a general fan" type of move. Same thing with Bergs and Shero and the like.

If any of them move into the head of hockey ops, fine, whatever - as long as they bring in a good GM who is willing to can Sullivan.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Don't really care how long it takes as long as they find the right people for the job. The wheels are gonna fall off this team in a few short years, so you'd better make sure the new group has an eye for building as well. None of this bullshit "Hextall's a builder" stuff. People with a clear vision who have a plan. Hextall's never built anything, and he sure as shit hasn't ever iced a competitive team. Dude coasted on a recognizable last name.

Take all summer, I don't think it matters. The team's scouts very likely already have a game plan heading into the draft. Not that I trust this organization's pro or amateur scouting, just saying, a new FO isn't gonna change who they're likely targeting at 14OA.
Yes and no. The draft and FA is coming up quickly. They need to get the guys in and give them enough time to assess and get a game plan together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad