Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Bowman as a GM is one of those "maniac fan to casual fan" moves for me. Like a "I will be a Penguins fan first and foremost but l will make more time to watch others as a general fan" type of move. Same thing with Bergs and Shero and the like.

If any of them move into the head of hockey ops, fine, whatever - as long as they bring in a good GM who is willing to can Sullivan.
In other words, I think a lot of us are going to be turning into "casuals" soon. ;)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks fan here, really hoping for your sake's you don't hire Bowman. Even disregarding the Beach incident, he was not a competent GM from the moment after we won the Cup in 2015. Aside from initially signing Panarin, it was one bad move after another. Poor draft selections, lack of long term vision, terrible pro scouting. Bad bad bad. It's a headscratcher he's even being considered.

If he is hired, be prepared for a Seth Jones trade and a Patrick Kane UFA signing.

Also, would add he was GM who would bring in guys he knew his coach did not want or weren't fits in system.

Many a Q/Bowman power struggle was about the roster makeup which is what ultimately lead to Q being fired by Bowman

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Relax folks. This Bowman shit is little more than clickbait. I am no big fan of FSG but realize they are smarter than to do something so patently ignorant and tone deaf. But, in a pathetic way, it is little more than a tempest in a teapot - Hextall so f***ed this team that no GM/Exec. "team" is going to right the ship. It is all about triage now. Time to bayonet the wounded and hope for lottery picks. And that was not how this had to go. Not this fast. Hextall will never have a management or personel deciding position in the NHL again.
Yeah I'd be surprised if FSG is that dumb.

To be honest I'd be more worried about hiring Bowman if Mario and Burkle were still here. FSG doesn't know anybody in hockey. I'd be shocked if they looked into his background and wanted him after that.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
There are a lot of guys who they're interested in who are still in the playoffs. I doubt anything is resolved until after the season.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
There are a lot of guys who they're interested in who are still in the playoffs. I doubt anything is resolved until after the season.
NO Draft & Free Agency is coming up & what precludes someone to Interview while team is still in playoffs

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
NO Draft & Free Agency is coming up & what precludes someone to Interview while team is still in playoffs
Nothing, I'm sure interviews are being arranged already but I doubt they get their main targets to commit until after the Cup/their team is out. But we'll see.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Teams probably wouldn't let like an assistant coach interview for a head coach position if that assistant coach was still helping a team that was in the playoffs.

But, I don't see why a team wouldn't let an AGM or some other position interview for a GM position even if their team is in the playoffs.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Teams probably wouldn't let like an assistant coach interview for a head coach position if that assistant coach was still helping a team that was in the playoffs.

But, I don't see why a team wouldn't let an AGM or some other position interview for a GM position even if their team is in the playoffs.
Maybe they want Botterill and Botterill doesn't want to miss a Cup celebration again like he did in 2017 :sarcasm:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Also, would add he was GM who would bring in guys he knew his coach did not want or weren't fits in system.

Many a Q/Bowman power struggle was about the roster makeup which is what ultimately lead to Q being fired by Bowman

In that case Bowman would be perfect for the Pens. Our GMs are constantly bringing in players Sullivan either doesn't like or doesn't know how to utilize. So why fix it? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Gurglesons

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Still not sure what this place's truth is; Does Sully control the FO or is there a total disconnect between FO and coach? :laugh:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Oh wow, a team can fire a coach before their extension kicks in? Someone tell FSG about Sutter getting canned.

FSG sucks for keeping Sully around. What GM wants a coach that hasn’t done a damn thing since 2018? By the time they hire a GM, I assume the quality head coaches will be hired by other teams, who aren’t run by a bunch of Boston morons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gurglesons

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
He got outcoached by Gallant. Why would you want him?
Maybe we can trade coaches. We had interest in Gallant when he was with Vegas.

His scouts found Panarin, though. (Ignore the fact that he then traded Panarin for Saad :biglaugh:)

Dude sucks as a GM and is an even worse person. Bowman and anybody that wants him can eat shit.
We were also in on Panarin. We just couldn't convince him to join and got Poni something (forgot his name) instead who just sucked. We tried though.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
We were also in on Panarin. We just couldn't convince him to join and got Poni something (forgot his name) instead who just sucked. We tried though.

Consolation prize was Sergei Plotnikov. Which I'll cop to being pretty excited about at the time. Silly me. Homie just won his 2nd Gagarin Cup over in the KHL this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Sidgeni Malkby

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Consolation prize was Sergei Plotnikov. Which I'll cop to being pretty excited about at the time. Silly me. Homie just won his 2nd Gagarin Cup over in the KHL this year.
Plotnikov! Yeah..that's it!

I was also excited about him...who knew the gap between him and Panarin was so wide! :laugh:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Oh the days when the fan base assumed any Russian play would excel with Geno. That was almost as foolish as trying to convince yourself Hextall had a plan, and it’s called patience.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I would like Botteril with a comprehensive analytics department.

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania

Bit of an update. Seems like they’re waiting on some candidates to interview until the playoffs are over. I think we might get an analytics hire as GM and an established ‘hockey guy’ as President of hockey ops.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
FSG still has plenty of time to look for someone. First of week of June is the absolute latest theyll take though I think. Need to give new management a few weeks to prepare for the draft/FA etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad