Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Does Sullivan connect with our locker room anymore?

He connects with his guys in our locker room. Haven’t really heard any flattering words about our organization in a few years and young players are fleeing the minors now.

Let’s see how well Sullivan connects with the locker room when they are out of the playoff picture again next year.
The two players who left are Lindberg and Hallander. You could maybe make an argument that Sullivan helped block Hallander, but you could also argue that Hextall was more responsible considering the Pens had absolutely zero cap room.

Lindberg, however, cannot be Sullivan's fault. No matter how much you want him fired, Sullivan is not responsible for keeping a guy healthy enough to get consistent starts in the AHL. Lindberg couldn't stay in the lineup. That's it.

As far as the locker room, you haven't heard much negative, either.

And again, if they fall flat, he should be gone.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Because his agent was at his wedding.
And his agent presumably received a call from someone with the Penguins.

I know the news cycle moves fast in the social media world, so 2012 isn't the best comparison to 2023, but there is no excuse for someone from the Pens not reaching out to Teddy directly or at least his agent to give him the notice before sending the trade details to the league office.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
And his agent presumably received a call from someone with the Penguins.

I know the news cycle moves fast in the social media world, so 2012 isn't the best comparison to 2023, but there is no excuse for someone from the Pens not reaching out to Teddy directly or at least his agent to give him the notice before sending the trade details to the league office.
I think it has more to do with the team he was traded to. When have we heard about that happened with a Pens trade before? When’s the last time a Vegas trade happened that didn’t make a player mad? Their front office is as leaky as the current Titanic.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
The two players who left are Lindberg and Hallander. You could maybe make an argument that Sullivan helped block Hallander, but you could also argue that Hextall was more responsible considering the Pens had absolutely zero cap room.

Lindberg, however, cannot be Sullivan's fault. No matter how much you want him fired, Sullivan is not responsible for keeping a guy healthy enough to get consistent starts in the AHL. Lindberg couldn't stay in the lineup. That's it.

As far as the locker room, you haven't heard much negative, either.

And again, if they fall flat, he should be gone.
Hallander went back home.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I think it has more to do with the team he was traded to. When have we heard about that happened with a Pens trade before? When’s the last time a Vegas trade happened that didn’t make a player mad? Their front office is as leaky as the current Titanic.
Right on about Vegas, but that's why you can't take the chance if you are the Penguins. Get out ahead of it. I would rather risk informing a player directly that he has been traded and for some weird circumstance to happen where he actually isn't traded than for a player to learn that I'm trading him via social media or a reporter.

Life-changing news should always be delivered personally. If you can't do it in person, do it via a phone call or a trusted surrogate like a player's agent.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I am totally shocked that Rossi put out an article that is more like propaganda than journalism. I'm shocked, I say!

I really wish the mods would just delete any articles from Rossi, Yohe or DK at this point. They clearly have no sources and are just making stuff up to get clicks. That Rossi article reads like a teenage fanfiction about the big bad trio of 3 guys who don't even work in the organization anymore.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
That Yohe Rossi article about Hextall gives an absolutely frightening picture of the power Sullivan has in this org.

So I'm guessing that you would be against Sullivan being named joint Coach/GM?

Joking aside, someone held both roles for another team in past.

EJ may have at some point.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Also Sullivan didn't block Hallander, Hallander just sucked. Same thing with Poulin.

Hallander was so confident in his abilities to make the NHL this year that he took his ball home and signed a half decade long deal in Europe.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I am totally shocked that Rossi put out an article that is more like propaganda than journalism. I'm shocked, I say!

I really wish the mods would just delete any articles from Rossi, Yohe or DK at this point. They clearly have no sources and are just making stuff up to get clicks. That Rossi article reads like a teenage fanfiction about the big bad trio of 3 guys who don't even work in the organization anymore.
No articles should ever be banned unless they violate site rules or the link is to a dangerous site (malware, etc.). Full stop.

Let people decide their worth. If they don't like it they don't have to click on it.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No articles should ever be banned unless they violate site rules or the link is to a dangerous site (malware, etc.). Full stop.

Let people decide their worth. If they don't like it they don't have to click on it.

This same line of thought is what allowed misinformation about COVID to run rampant.

Rossi and Yohe articles only serve the purpose of riling up fans at this point, because they clearly do not have any actual sources. They are misinformation at this point. It's the same way that sources like Eklund should be banned on here.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
This same line of thought is what allowed misinformation about COVID to run rampant.

Rossi and Yohe articles only serve the purpose of riling up fans at this point, because they clearly do not have any actual sources. They are misinformation at this point. It's the same way that sources like Eklund should be banned on here.
That is an absolutely absurd comparison.

For one, we're talking about sports, not a global pandemic. Two, while Rossi, Yohe and DK have their issues, they do have insight and news to share. I'll go back to Elliotte Friedman crediting Rossi with a piece of news during the GM search recently, saying Rob had the news first and that Friedman confirmed it. I think it was about the Chicago AGM not being allowed to interview.

Finally, I repeat. It's sports. A large portion of content published and consumed, including from national reporters, is informed speculation, not hardcore news. Calling it misinformation and equivocating it coverage of a global healthcare crisis is just way, way over the top.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That is an absolutely absurd comparison.

For one, we're talking about sports, not a global pandemic. Two, while Rossi, Yohe and DK have their issues, they do have insight and news to share. I'll go back to Elliotte Friedman crediting Rossi with a piece of news during the GM search recently, saying Rob had the news first and that Friedman confirmed it. I think it was about the Chicago AGM not being allowed to interview.

Finally, I repeat. It's sports. A large portion of content published and consumed, including from national reporters, is informed speculation, not hardcore news. Calling it misinformation and equivocating it coverage of a global healthcare crisis is just way, way over the top.

Rossi getting one thing right in the last 4 years doesn't magically make Rossi credible at this point.

I don't have issues with "informed speculation", I have an issue with misinformation. If the COVID misinformation thing was "absurd" to you, I'll make a sports analogy. It's the same kind of shit as the Steve Simmons Kessel article, the infamous hotdog article. It is at best made up information and at worst intentionally malicious to grind an axe with someone that the writer has an issue with.

It doesn't matter if "it's just sports!", it's another article in the long list of articles from people like Rossi and Yohe that are clearly biased with incredibly questionable truth in them that are solely trying to get clicks and rile people up.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Oh yeah, remember when Rossi tweeted out a few days ago that Tulsky was the frontrunner candidate for the GM position like 2 days ago? Only for it to come out like a day later that he's no longer even being considered?

If you want to keep their articles up whatever, but they should get a big bolded text of "ROSSI DOES NOT HAVE ANY SOURCES" anytime he posts an article referencing "a Penguins team source granted anonymity".

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Rossi getting one thing right in the last 4 years doesn't magically make Rossi credible at this point.

I don't have issues with "informed speculation", I have an issue with misinformation. If the COVID misinformation thing was "absurd" to you, I'll make a sports analogy. It's the same kind of shit as the Steve Simmons Kessel article, the infamous hotdog article. It is at best made up information and at worst intentionally malicious to grind an axe with someone that the writer has an issue with.

It doesn't matter if "it's just sports!", it's another article in the long list of articles from people like Rossi and Yohe that are clearly biased with incredibly questionable truth in them that are solely trying to get clicks and rile people up.
Then call them out for what you perceive to be inaccuracies and misinformation.

Banning links to articles is just such a dangerous path to go down, especially considering we're just talking about hockey here. If we were talking about taking more severe action about articles covering national security, public health, etc., I might be more on board with banning misinformation.

This isn't that serious.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Banning links to articles is just such a dangerous path to go down, especially considering we're just talking about hockey here. If we were talking about taking more severe action about articles covering national security, public health, etc., I might be more on board with banning misinformation.

This isn't that serious.

Literally the majority of their articles are that at this point.

Like I posted above, if you want to keep their articles up whatever, but they should get a big bolded text of "ROSSI DOES NOT HAVE ANY SOURCES" anytime he posts an article referencing "a Penguins team source granted anonymity".

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Oh yeah, remember when Rossi tweeted out a few days ago that Tulsky was the frontrunner candidate for the GM position like 2 days ago? Only for it to come out like a day later that he's no longer even being considered?

If you want to keep their articles up whatever, but they should get a big bolded text of "ROSSI DOES NOT HAVE ANY SOURCES" anytime he posts an article referencing "a Penguins team source granted anonymity".
I've seen this repeated several times....that's not what the tweet or article said. All it said was that Tulsky impressed and that he was one of the top candidates at the time.

Nowhere does he say Tulsky is the frontrunner.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

This isn't that serious.
Censorship is ridiculous —whether it’s hockey, Ron DeSantis or disinformation campaigns on Twitter lol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I've seen this repeated several times....that's not what the tweet or article said. All it said was that Tulsky impressed and that he was one of the top candidates at the time.

Nowhere does he say Tulsky is the frontrunner.

And he was a "top candidate" for a grand total of 1 day before LeBrun, an actual credible news source, said he was no longer being considered.

I really don't know why you keep going to bat for Yohe and Rossi here. Want to defend not banning their work? I can get that. Trying to defend their credibility? That's laughable, they haven't been credible since JR was spoon-feeding them information because he didn't know how to shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad