Blue Jays Discussion: It's here! it's here! it's here! it's here! Baseball season begins!(WARNING:post 728)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Where do you guys go for highlights? MLB.com is a bit of a mess. I click on Highlights but it only takes me to Editors Picks. I'd prefer a listing of clips for just the specific game.

Where the scores are on the main page. Click on the little video camera icon. It usually takes you to a random highlight of that game. At the top of the video though it will have a bunch of tags, of which you'll see one that says "more from this game". Click on that and it will list all the plays from that game in an organized area aswell as a full 2-3min highlight package a few hours after the game is completed.

If you only want to see a recap/highlight pack of whatever team, hover the mouse over 'browse' in the video section, and go to 'daily recaps'.

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
Where the scores are on the main page. Click on the little video camera icon. It usually takes you to a random highlight of that game. At the top of the video though it will have a bunch of tags, of which you'll see one that says "more from this game". Click on that and it will list all the plays from that game in an organized area aswell as a full 2-3min highlight package a few hours after the game is completed.

If you only want to see a recap/highlight pack of whatever team, hover the mouse over 'browse' in the video section, and go to 'daily recaps'.

That's perfect. Thanks!
Interesting site design to say the least.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Hey guys! Is it posible for someone to link the Pillar image from the playoff avatars? Need to get rid of the Eberle dumpster fire. Also, where is the best site to order Jays gear. Need to get my hands on a jersey but all we have here in NL is Bautista/EE, want either Martin or Pillar!

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
According to Statcast™, Pillar covered 92 feet in the outfield on this play after topping 90 feet nine times last season. His route efficiency was an impressive 97.298 percent, and he took his first step 0.334 seconds after Morrison made contact. His top speed reached 19.691 mph, and he covered 7.491 meters per square second.

He picked up the ball off the bat in 0.3 seconds, and then took the perfect route at high speed before diving chin first into the wall.

Kiermaier who?

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
According to Statcastâ„¢, Pillar covered 92 feet in the outfield on this play after topping 90 feet nine times last season. His route efficiency was an impressive 97.298 percent, and he took his first step 0.334 seconds after Morrison made contact. His top speed reached 19.691 mph, and he covered 7.491 meters per square second.

He picked up the ball off the bat in 0.3 seconds, and then took the perfect route at high speed before diving chin first into the wall.

Kiermaier who?

Neat breakdown!

Seems even more impressive now.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
According to Statcastâ„¢, Pillar covered 92 feet in the outfield on this play after topping 90 feet nine times last season. His route efficiency was an impressive 97.298 percent, and he took his first step 0.334 seconds after Morrison made contact. His top speed reached 19.691 mph, and he covered 7.491 meters per square second.

Kiermaier who?

Amazing stats.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

Kiermaier who?

I love this kind of stuff.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Nice to go 2-0 to start the season.

Even nicer to win in Tamp Bay

Even better than that, they've at least earned a series split with the opportunity to win the 4 game series .. That's a great start!

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Nice to go 2-0 to start the season.

Even nicer to win in Tamp Bay

Even better than that, they've at least earned a series split with the opportunity to win the 4 game series .. That's a great start!

If this team can go .500 or better on the road they should get 90+ wins and win the east.

Nice to see a jays team able to win games in the Trop and Yankee stadium...two places that were horror shows as long as I can remember as a jays fan. No longer go into these series hoping for 1 of 3.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
If this team can go .500 or better on the road they should get 90+ wins and win the east.

Nice to see a jays team able to win games in the Trop and Yankee stadium...two places that were horror shows as long as I can remember as a jays fan. No longer go into these series hoping for 1 of 3.
These blue jays expect to win every single series.. and honestly.. the way the off season went... I wasn't sure what to expect.
I mean the team is good but I wasn't sure we would be as good without price...

These Cleveland guys seem to know how to get the most bang for our buck. .. still hope.we.open the purse strings tho

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
These blue jays expect to win every single series.. and honestly.. the way the off season went... I wasn't sure what to expect.
I mean the team is good but I wasn't sure we would be as good without price...

These Cleveland guys seem to know how to get the most bang for our buck. .. still hope.we.open the purse strings tho

Price would have started 1 of every 5 games so he would only have been able to help us in 20% of the games the Jays play all year. Of course he would be nice to have but not necessary especially at his current contract. Never mind the fact that we're two games into the season. It's like saying I didn't think we'd start the season 2 and 0 having replaced Price with Happ or having Sanchez starting instead of being in the pen. We're off to a positive start and that's about all you can say at this point

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The main variable with Price is, would he have given us a better chance to win the division compared to the status quo? I'm not so sure he would have.

That being said, would he have given us a better chance to advance in the playoffs compared to the status quo? I'm not so sure about that either.

Given his age, his contract terms, his history, and our budget, I would prefer the status quo.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Looking to take the family to the Cleveland Series in August, anyone been down there?

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Was there a couple years ago, decent stadium but absolutely nothing to do downtown

Stadium will be totally overrun by Jays fans

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I been there few years ago, wasn't much to look at, but I heard good things about the city recently. We visited the Rock'n'Roll HOF and some car museum.

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking. Rock Hall and a game.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
According to Statcast™, Pillar covered 92 feet in the outfield on this play after topping 90 feet nine times last season. His route efficiency was an impressive 97.298 percent, and he took his first step 0.334 seconds after Morrison made contact. His top speed reached 19.691 mph, and he covered 7.491 meters per square second.

Kiermaier who?

Pillar was significantly better than anyone in baseball at getting to balls in CF last year. The only reason Kiermaier won the gold glove was his arm (it's plus-plus).

One of the big flaws with advanced stats is that if a run scores as a result of a Pillar catch, it counts against him. If it falls in for Kiermaier, it only counts against him from a range POV (Pillar had the biggest range AND caught the most balls).

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...am=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=13,d

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...am=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=14,d

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...eam=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=9,d

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Why can't MLB have opening day in warm weather cities/domes? I think I can name 15 MLB cities that have warm weather or a dome

Toronto
Tampa
KC
Houston
Seattle
LAx2
Oakland
Atlanta
Dallas
Miami
Milwaukee
Phoenix
San Diego
San Francisco

15 right there

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Why can't MLB have opening day in warm weather cities/domes? I think I can name 15 MLB cities that have warm weather or a dome

Toronto
Tampa
KC
Houston
Seattle
LAx2
Oakland
Atlanta
Dallas
Miami
Milwaukee
Phoenix
San Diego
San Francisco

15 right there

Completely agree. Zaun had the same idea.

Whoever made the schedule was an idiot. Plus there was no reasoning for some of these match ups... Angels vs the Cubs? Baltimore vs Minnesota? Plus the Cubs and the Angels were playing a spring training game on Sunday while we were playing our opening day game vs the Rays. It is also stupid that we will be playing 3 games and possibly 4 games before any team that has played 1 if any games get cancelled tonight.

There is a way to get all games to play in a warm or roof environment with an appropriate opponent. I know the schedule was made last year but like Zaun said unlike other sports most baseball teams dont share the facility so you can schedule them whenever.

Rockies vs Diamondback - Roof (Division Rivals)
Red Sox vs Jays - Roof (Division Rivals)
Nationals vs Marlins - Roof (Division Rivals)
Phillies vs Brewers - Roof (Crap Teams)
Yankees vs Astros - Roof (Playoff Rematch)
Indians vs Mariners - Roof (Kluber vs Hernandez)
Orioles vs Rays - Roof (Division Rivals)

White Sox vs Angels - Warm (Sale vs Richards)
Pirates vs Giants - Warm (Two Great Teams)
Mets vs Dodgers - Warm (Playoff Rematch)
St. Louis vs Rangers - Warm (WS Rematch)
Twins vs A's - Warm (Crapish Teams)
Reds vs Padres - Warm (Division Rivals)
Cubs vs Braves - Warm (Heyward Returns - shrugs)
Tigers vs Royals - Champs (Division Rivals)

Not that hard MLB!!

Last edited:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Idiotic scheduling this week. Toronto playing Tampa and California based teams playing each other is just utter stupidity.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Hoping for 6 strong out of Sanchez today. Followed by Floyd pitching 2. Have a feeling we'll see the two working together on occasion.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Any line up changes tonight except for Thole - just wondering if Smoak is going to split some 1B duties or Cola is now a every day 1B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad