Blue Jays Discussion: It's here! it's here! it's here! it's here! Baseball season begins!(WARNING:post 728)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
54-3?!?! Holy ****. Is that a record? :sarcasm:

I kid, I'm just being an ass :P

1-0!!! Stroman was ****ing awesome. 34 pitches in a 4 inning stretch is insane. Tulo could be in for a big bounce back year.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
54-3?!?! Holy ****. Is that a record? :sarcasm:

I kid, I'm just being an ass :P

1-0!!! Stroman was ****ing awesome. 34 pitches in a 4 inning stretch is insane. Tulo could be in for a big bounce back year.

I don't think that any reasonable person will think that Tulowitzki will struggle. The hate on him from some of the people on here was just insane.

Shwaguy*

If Goins can pick up where he left off last season, then Pillar is already the worst bat.

You can't just say that Goins was hot at the end of last year when Pillar was also hot at the end of last year.

Pillar is the better bat. He has everyday player level hitting at least, Goins does not.

Pillar's bat also has better potential.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Great start to the season. I do not like starting the season at the trop. A series win to start the season would be spectacular

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Some people I know think Pillar is gonna have a breakout year this year. A good problem to have is too much talent so I'll take it.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
You can't just say that Goins was hot at the end of last year when Pillar was also hot at the end of last year.

Pillar is the better bat. He has everyday player level hitting at least, Goins does not.

Pillar's bat also has better potential.

Goins had a wRC+ of 108 in the second half compared to Pillars wRC+ of 91. So like I said, if Goins picks up where he left off last year, then Pillar is already the worst hitter in the lineup.

Pillar does have more potential to become an above average bat than Goins, but what is holding him back is his inability to take a walk. Which to be fair seems unlikely given how he's never walked much at any level.

I'd count on Pillar gaining more power as he gets older but he needs to learn how to walk.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
The hate on Pillar is hilarious

I think the "hate" for Pillar is similar to the "hate" for Revere, where it's not actually hate, but rather pointing out weaknesses.

I absolutely love Pillar. He's an extremely talented, valuable player who's a ton of fun to watch. That doesn't change the fact that he's not good at getting on base and probably shouldn't be in the leadoff spot. I'm actually confident he can improve offensively, but I still don't like him hitting there right now.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Stroman is off the charts. This is guy is going to be the biggest name in all of sports. Who doesn't love this guy?

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
People really need to layoff Pillar. For what he lacks with the bat he makes up with the glove in CF. There are far worse outfielders offensively that don't even bring what Pillar does with his glove.

If Pillar can give us 12-15 HR and 50-60 RBI's hitting .265 that is more then suffice for a gold glove CF. Especially in this lineup.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
It's not that I hate Pillar. He is a fantastic outfielder and definitely makes up for some of his offence with his glove. But, he is still a below league average hitter and should not be the leadoff hitter. If he could bump his walk rate up then he would be fine, but unfortunately that seems unlikely given that he has never really walked much at any level. I'm merely just pointing out his flaws.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
It's not that I hate Pillar. He is a fantastic outfielder and definitely makes up for some of his offence with his glove. But, he is still a below league average hitter and should not be the leadoff hitter. If he could bump his walk rate up then he would be fine, but unfortunately that seems unlikely given that he has never really walked much at any level. I'm merely just pointing out his flaws.

It seems strange that pointing out a player's flaws has become analogous to hatred, doesn't it?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

Speaking from someone who's been an interested observer of his through new hampshire, your reaction is justified. He's got the ability put bat on ball (to borrow a Buck euphemism), but his discipline is obviously lacking. There's still alot to like about him though. The defense, the bit of pop, and speed. Package that along with confidence and work ethic that makes him a self-motivator, and you've got a solid little player. Is he someone you want at the top of the order, probably not. But we're really just twiddling our thumbs until a better option arises, ie Travis. So while I usually enjoy the running jokes we run around here, this one seems like just kicking a dead horse. I know you guys aren't saying you hate the guy, I'm not that naive. It just is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad