Blue Jays Discussion: It's here! it's here! it's here! it's here! Baseball season begins!(WARNING:post 728)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
McCown just mentioned that Travis might be out until at least August and could conceivably miss the entire regular season.

I thought it was 4-6 weeks?

He no longer has any sources in the organization. He is fear mongering, as Jeff Blair dabbled with earlier in spring training.

From what I've seen, he's been taking ground balls since the beginning of March, and has been swinging off a tee for the last two weeks. I've heard June 1, and continue to trust that timeline.

Mind you, this was the same station that said, definitively, Marcus Stroman was done for all of 2015. Then Marcus Stroman may come back for the playoffs as a reliever. Then Marcus Stroman may come back for September but only as a reliever. Then were surprised to hear that he had been on a throwing program since early June, and would be starting in September. Not only are they short on sources (even shorter now that their buddies have left town), but they're research is putrid.

Get instagram there, you old curmudgeon.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Zach Phillips cleared waivers, I would have liked Atkins to take a flier on him. Could have been a decent LHP out of the pen.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
McCown just mentioned Travis again. This time, saying (inexplicably) "if he's healthy today, where does he play?" (The remainder of the round table is silent....inexplicably)

Me: "Uh..second base?"
Bob, continuing: "I think he's on the bench!"
Me: "(Expletive) this dude...he's starting at 2nd and leading off"
Bob: "the only way he gets a chance is if Tulowitzki gets hurt"
Me: "what the..."
Bob: ...
(I turn the radio off in disgust, only to turn it back on 3 minutes later...almost like watching a car crash and not being able to turn away)

Perkins (old moronic writer on the round table): "I talked to somebody in the organization about Donaldson...I worry about him...they said they didn't know how he reacts when things go poorly.."
Bob: "like a prolonged slump"
Rest of the round table: "yeah...good point"

Me (turning off the radio): "these guys are drunk"

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
There aren't enough unnecessary pauses in your McCown transcripts.

Otherwise, yeah, I don't get how he became nearly as big of a deal as he is. He's a grade-a moron. He probably hasn't ever heard of the food chain either. I wonder if he got his education at Bovine University.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
There aren't enough unnecessary pauses in your McCown transcripts.

Otherwise, yeah, I don't get how he became nearly as big of a deal as he is. He's a grade-a moron. He probably hasn't ever heard of the food chain either. I wonder if he got his education at Bovine University.

Probably Ryerson, tbh.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Watching this makes me hope (as unlikely as it is) that Montreal gets a team back. I find the Jays (and to a certain extent the Raps) being labelled Canada's team a bit awkward. Expo's were the first team, and I would love to see a Montreal team in the NL again. And this is coming from a diehard Jays, who knows that Expo's returning would hurt Toronto's ability to broadcast nationally. Come on Bell, Rogers own a team, get yourself one and TSN some none Curling or Lumberjack content.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Pedro having some control issues with that pitch.

Clearly a terrible sign for short pitchers everywhere. And quietly in the concourse, Zaun gives a fist pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad