GDT: ISLES @ HABS | HOF vs HOF | Thurs. Jan. 25, 2024, 7PM ET -- TSN2, RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How long will the standing O for Patrick Roy be, at the Bell Centre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Kinda tired of the narrative that if you voice your dissatisfaction while your team is rebuilding, you are automatically a bad fan.

This is such a bs. The team is rebuilding because it has been mismanaged for decades.

We should voice our dissatisfaction high and loud.

I can only imagine this kind of narrative in other businesses. Imagine a bakery that no longer access to blueberries and decide to replace them by horse shit. I don't think you would see a "letter" to the bakery customers telling them to keep buying the pies and be patient while they sort it out.

I know there are no easy solution for the current situation but we should not even watch this crap. I hope the attendance will decrease a lot. The team does not deserve our money. It's a crap show most of the nights.

Thanks..
I feel better 😀

That being said I will watch tonight's game because of Roy and because I'm a idiot sucker. I will surely start skipping games soon though.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The team is rebuilding because it has been mismanaged for decades.
Made me think of how Gainey squandered a ton of picks by refusing to negotiate contracts in-season and letting so many expiring contracts lapse, with nothing in return. That kind of missed draft capital (that could have been had in trades) can matter, as some picks can generate a tree of value that grows over time.

And then of course, all the wasted picks in the Bergevin years, coughed up for several washed up vets. If only we had better scouts and an owner who had a better vision at the time than just wanting to make the playoffs with a smallish team excessively relying on a franchise goalie.

Last edited:

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Yeah, you've watch hockey for 40 years......you should then be on the list for next GM.
But here,s the thing you don't seems to get : You are not watching the team as it was built, not even close. You're the proof that Habs fans are not close to be ready for a rebuild
Ooooookay

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Hey boys -- Isles fan since early 80s. Ive seen A LOT of good and bad hockey.

Roy was always one of my fav players -- obvious immense talent and fire to go with it.

Isles fans fans are loving Roy's passion, as our last coach would rival Ambien on most nights. Looking forward to hearing him call out players and trash efforts should they happen.

Best of luck to you guys, just not tonight :) .. and we all cheering for Roy.

Cheers!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Auston Matthews peaked at 24 (his 60 goals season)

Alex Ovechkin peaked at 22 when he scored 65 goals.

Steven Stamkos had his best year at 22.
It’s true that a lot of players peak early but those guys are usually in the league at 18.

Also, Austin Matthew is peaking now. Stamkos got hurt before reaching his peak. He’d have exceeded that season for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Ridiculous. Chicago won Cups without a franchise talent. Toews and Kane were not franchise players. Just as Celebrini isn't. I agree with C Button that he is a player you build around but not a superstar. If you have a 2nd line as good as the Suzuki line and a top end group of defensemen and a very good goaltender you can win more than one Cup.
Be fair. Chicago had multiple superstars.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
The amount of goals the NYI scores tonight, is where we draft this year.

Monty shutout means they trade the pick 🤯

Hey boys -- Isles fan since early 80s. Ive seen A LOT of good and bad hockey.

Roy was always one of my fav players -- obvious immense talent and fire to go with it.

Isles fans fans are loving Roy's passion, as our last coach would rival Ambien on most nights. Looking forward to hearing him call out players and trash efforts should they happen.

Best of luck to you guys, just not tonight :) .. and we all cheering for Roy.

Cheers!

Roy was sent down yesterday :sarcasm:

iu

• Haha
Reactions: Leto

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The sandwiches are winning I faaackin' knew it. :laugh:
The only question now is what kind of sandwich.
I think Club is out. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad