GDT: ISLES @ HABS | HOF vs HOF | Thurs. Jan. 25, 2024, 7PM ET -- TSN2, RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How long will the standing O for Patrick Roy be, at the Bell Centre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Who cares about ex-NHL players? Majority are dumb as f***.

Team's doing fine. This is only our 2nd season into an actual rebuild. This is what an early rebuild looks like. We're still waiting out Bergevin's contracts to veterans to turn over the team.
It’s pretty funny that people watched this team avoid rebuilding for decades only to get nowhere and are now upset that we’re losing games two years into an actual rebuild.

This is what it looks like folks.

And for those saying that we’re not making progress, have a look at CC, Slaf, Guehle, Hutson, Roy…. All players that are developing nicely here or in the minors. Half the prospects we’re developing that will likely be mainstays aren’t even with the team yet and we’ve got a boatload of picks coming in the next two drafts.

Yeah, losing sucks but we’ll probably wind up with another top pick this year too.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Pretty obvious a lot of people don't know what a rebuild is.

This is a rebuild.

Rebuilds aren't fun to watch until the youth is on the team.. and the majority of the final roster isn't on this team, and the pieces that are, are still developing, and on a shallow team that puts more focus and responsibility on them.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

This is a rebuild.

Rebuilds aren't fun to watch until the youth is on the team.. and the majority of the final roster isn't on this team, and the pieces that are, are still developing, and on a shallow team that puts more focus and responsibility on them.
The MSL thread is an abomination.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

This is a rebuild.

Sure seems to me many view rebuild as a simple 3-step process:
- Tank
- Draft McDavid
- Compete for a Cup

Last edited:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
If you want to complain at least frame it right and show concerns about the strong possibility that we missed our top pick window by being unbelievably unlucky with the timing of things, and the possibility of ending up in rebuild/mediocrity limbo because of it which is one of the dangers of tanking

otherwise yeah that's just what a rebuild looks like, winning doesn't matter get over it, good news for you the PWHL team is doing very well if you wanna watch some wins

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
islanders fan and fantasy hockey addict coming in peace. do you guys think Kovecevic will play again tonight? I'm curious why he's been a healthy scratch a lot lately. I like his game. I've read that he's a solid citizen and good team guy. has he been a liability out there?

Reactions: Pomee

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
islanders fan and fantasy hockey addict coming in peace. do you guys think Kovecevic will play again tonight? I'm curious why he's been a healthy scratch a lot lately. I like his game. I've read that he's a solid citizen and good team guy. has he been a liability out there?
*guys play along*

He's really good! what would you be willing to pay for him, hypothetically?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
They re-assigned Barron (RD) to their farm club, so necessarily that should translate in more ice time for Kovacevic

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
It’s pretty funny that people watched this team avoid rebuilding for decades only to get nowhere and are now upset that we’re losing games two years into an actual rebuild.

This is what it looks like folks.

And for those saying that we’re not making progress, have a look at CC, Slaf, Guehle, Hutson, Roy…. All players that are developing nicely here or in the minors. Half the prospects we’re developing that will likely be mainstays aren’t even with the team yet and we’ve got a boatload of picks coming in the next two drafts.

Yeah, losing sucks but we’ll probably wind up with another top pick this year too.
CC is not developing nicely. His production is worst than last year and he is not playing as good as he should.
Ghule is stagnating as well. Zero improvement from last year.

Slaf and Roy are developing although if we are being honest Slaf has been a dissapointment for a 1st overall.

Hutson has not turned pro yet so too early to tell.

I just don't think things are going very well for the rebuild. Haven't been impressed by the draft either.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

He's a big guy, who can be a bit soft on the boards. He struggles with his puck handling too. He's a #6, who can pk. Montreal has a ton of D prospects, so he's just not getting ice time right now.

Reactions: Mike C

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
CC is not developing nicely. His production is worst than last year and he is not playing as good as he should.
I’m sorry but this is nonsense.

He most certainly is. His underlying numbers are great despite the lack of goals. He had one goal in half a season under our chump coach and then under MSL he immediately score 48 goals in 82 games. He’s got the highest goal/ratio of any player in the league 23 and under.

A scoring drought where his shooting percentage was under seven for a while is not indicative of him not developing well. Come on man.
Ghule is stagnating as well. Zero improvement from last year.
Guehle had 28 points in his first 82 games. Those are fantastic numbers. He’s being given more responsibility and tougher ice on a bad club. But he’s played extremely well for such a young player.

So again, I have no idea what you’re talking about here. Any team in the league would love to snag this guy.

Slaf and Roy are developing although if we are being honest Slaf has been a dissapointment for a 1st overall.
Slaf is developing by leaps and bounds.

You pick what’s there. If Bedard were available we’d have taken him instead. Right now though, I think Slaf is looking like the best puck of his group - but it’s way too early to know.

Hutson has not turned pro yet so too early to tell.
He’s breaking records in the NCAA. He’s a few inches taller than when we drafted him. We got him in the 2nd round and he’d go top ten if a redraft were to happen today. There’s a very real possibility that we got the two best players in that draft.

I just don't think things are going very well for the rebuild. Haven't been impressed by the draft either.
2022 was probably the best draft we’ve had since 2007.

We will make mistakes on picks. Every team does. Michkov for example might be one. But overall I find it hard to see how you think we’ve done poorly .

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
The team is rebuilding, why would anyone like what they see from an ahl team? We’ve also got a lot of injuries…
Again,I have no problem with the rebuild or the time it takes but effort doesn't require talent and I just don't see the effort which might mean the players are not happy with the coaching staff's lack of structure.Why is criticism of a rookie coaching staff so surprising ,I wish nothing but the best for Marty and no one is questioning his hockey IQ but if he can't get his players motivated sorry but that has everything to do with inexperiance.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
You haven't seen the team they built yet......did somebody shit in your cereal this morning?
Agreed. I don’t get this attitude. Up until the last few games, they’ve been very competitive all year. They’re right up there in 1 goal games. They were always going to be a bottom 10 team this season. There’s so many bright spots to look forward to and you’re right, we haven’t seen the finished product. By the time they’re ready to compete, this team will look very different.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Hahahahahahaha fans like you are why the organisation has been spinning their wheels for years ,

Did you prefer the embarassing Gainey/Bergevin rosters? I can't believe how high and mighty some habs fans are about the *on ice product* , do you guys watch other hockey than the habs? The on ice product has been garbage for 20 years literally bottom 1 in the entire league in offensive on ice product. You gotta be kidding me with comments like this. I swear habs fans think we had a good team in the 21st century , they are so delusional.

You must have wanted Dubois on the team! Win now! Fight for 8th place!!!!!! Do you miss Patches and DD? :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Anyways I hope we get smacked up tonight , the tank is on!
Yes and its fans like you who are willing to pay to see the type of effort we've seen lately that enable this organization to keep spinning their wheels.your post is all over the place like Marty's game plan......tank on.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Who cares about ex-NHL players? Majority are dumb as f***.

Team's doing fine. This is only our 2nd season into an actual rebuild. This is what an early rebuild looks like. We're still waiting out Bergevin's contracts to veterans to turn over the team.

Lol, who cares about HF posters majority are.........;)

First Line

Summer of Love
Aug 21, 2002
Laval

This is a rebuild.

Amazing how many people don’t get it, it’s not that complicated.
Unlike MSL defensive zone coverage :sarcasm:

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
pains me to say it, but geoffrey molson was right when he said a lot of habs fans won’t stomach a true rebuild lol

twitter is way more over the top than here tho, habs twitter is almost unusable most days
As NYY GM Brian Cashman said during the peak of Yankees draft & development era in late 90s:

“This market is not suited for drafting & developing prospects, demands of the marketplace simply overcome patience required to see the process through”

U can get away with a no rebuild strategy in MLB especially if you’re the Yankees…

Last edited:

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Habs coming off 3 consecutive losses, by gaps of 3 or more goals -- all against hated rivals, including the Sens twice.

They can't defend right now but they also can't score as they rank 31st in the league for goals by forwards.

In the midst of their turbulence, Patrick Roy, the Isles and a bevy of cameras arrive in Montreal for what should be an epic night of standing ovations and adulation for the controversial head coach whose name hangs in the rafters of the Bell Centre.

When's the last time that two HOFs faced each other as head coaches of NHL teams?

Marty has nothing but respect for Roy and the latter has taken steps not to make tomorrow's game about himself.

Both Marty and Roy could be doing something else with their time but instead of that ...

3dbKj94.gif

So which Marty and which Patrick are we going to see tomorrow? Well, one of them is trying to stomach how best to deal with the misfortunes of his battered team of late and his face has begun showing it.

bXet4Nn.jpg

fnSOpIn.gif

As for the opposing head coach, we don't quite know what we're going to get although we've seen excerpts of the way he has been running practices with his new team and he seems as animated and vocal as ever.

KYwZMIZ.gif

Adding insult to injury, was that pre-game ceremony at the TD Gahdens last Saturday, where a commemorative banner that could best be described as some crap the crass Sens org might dream up, not the Bruins, was raised to the rafters.

The banner smacked of a poorly veiled shot across the bow that attempted to ridicule the Habs as this type of ceremony was a major reach at best.

That whole get-up will be remembered when the Habs become competitive again and will gladly help inspire a brand new "jinx" for our beloved Booins.

In the meantime, take this!

hNxFRLd.gif

We all get how Marty doesn't have the players to win consistently but you have to ask if he's well surrounded.

Several of us have been wondering what that dude Letowski is really doing behind the Habs bench.

BbJb9LM.gif

@Apoplectic Habs Fan has dubbed Letowski, "Tablet Man", and is convinced that the guy, just like the main character in Office Space, is paid to do nothing. The tablet that Letowski is seen holding game in and game out -- well, @Apoplectic Habs Fan believes is mostly for Letowski to indulge in his favorite activity, playing Angry Birds.

Perhaps the movie Office Space is not the best representation of Letowski.

What if ... Letowski's relaxed, laid back demeanor was really on account of perceiving himself as "The Dude"?

The Dude abides misguides?

AZHHFGd.png

LINEUPS TBA

d4M6A1K.gif
Epic GDT Runner, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad