Post-Game Talk: Isles def. Canucks - 6-2 (Horvat x2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
The only good thing to come out of this period is the intermission panel saying management knows they can’t bring back the same group again. I’ve assumed that by reading between the lines a bit and, well, taking other comments at face value (I.e. team assessment when they took over).
I’ll believe it when they actually make moves. I was expecting something last off season

Reactions: 4Twenty

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
If it makes anyone feel any better , our best players like Horvat and Kuzmenko are gone at years end (or sooner) and our worst players like Miller , OEL, Myers are here for a long time.
You really hope some dumbass GM still gets hard thing about Myers being all tall and being able to skate

Reactions: mossey3535

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Where are you getting those numbers from? According to both Natural Stat Trick and Moneypuck he was below 50% and basically neck and neck with OEL, Hughes, and Schenn in that regard.

Myers ended up with the second worst xGA/60 on the defence and his numbers were only saved by good offensive numbers when he was on the ice. He’s a useful defender offensively but I didn’t see him as the guy driving that.

I'm not sure purely looking at xGA/60 is a good metric because you expect to have worse numbers if you have the second lowest offensive zone start percentage on the entire team.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Not goal but

He tosses one before the goal like isnt his game passing lol

Hahahahah
He doesn’t even touch the puck before the goal

But nice try though

Learn to keep up
It’s not that difficult.
Bear skates into his own zone from center ice and Hughes is to blame for that.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I’ll believe it when they actually make moves. I was expecting something last off season

I think they wanted to run this team back again for this year to see if last year was a mirage. Turns out it was, team is worse and the coaching isn't helping.

Good thing Bruce took a 1 year deal, I don't want him back next year.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
You really hope some dumbass GM still gets hard thing about Myers being all tall and being able to skate
Can buy Meyers out trade Hughes Boeser keep Bo kuz and find some d who play d this team can score enough need d

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I think bringing back Boudreau was a mistake.
I like the guy but his 'coaching' this year is foul.
His coaching is fine or rather his ability to coach is fine. There was just a 25 game stretch of excitement last year when the purge happened fueled by unsustainable goaltending. Because honestly the final 20-25 games last year were not great and we’ve seen what the first 25 last year and first 40 this year looked like. The winning that occurred in December and January last year was the blip.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
He makes 8M. He should look good playing with me as his partner.
Hughes is a positive goal differential player with the turd sandwiches this organization has iced for the past 3-4 years.

He still looks very good. It makes you wonder what it would like with a quality partner.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I think they wanted to run this team back again for this year to see if last year was a mirage. Turns out it was, team is worse and the coaching isn't helping.

Good thing Bruce took a 1 year deal, I don't want him back next year.

Bruce excersized the option year on his 2 year deal.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
They are the most pathetic team in the league. Also Horvat>Petey this season as Horvat has shown up against all the good teams, whereas Petey stat padded against Seattle and the Ducks.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Hahahahah
He doesn’t even touch the puck before the goal

But nice try though

Learn to keep up
It’s not that difficult.
Bear skates into his own zone from center ice and Hughes is to blame for that.
Shift before timing off but he did again not only d that has tonight

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
I never thought we’d be as bad as we are. You have to look at the coaching at this point. A totally dysfunctional team that should be better than it’s shown given the talent on it.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I think bringing back Boudreau was a mistake.
I like the guy but his 'coaching' this year is foul.
Yeah in retrospect I didn't want him back but was ok with them giving him a lame duck year. But now I realize nobody owes anyone anything, especially a team with as many difficulties as the Canucks.

Bringing him back was more of an optics thing. But this management needs to be making hockey-backed decisions, not PR-driven ones.

Or it was a direct intervention by Frankie. Both are pretty bad.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Hughes is a positive goal differential player with the turd sandwiches this organization has iced for the past 3-4 years.

He still looks very good. It makes you wonder what it would like with a quality partner.
Cant pay 8 million to a dman who cant d for shit

Reactions: gringo

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I’ve rarely seen anyone hate on one player so relentlessly. You’re free to think whatever you wish, but showing up at the castle every day with your torch does get a little tedious.
In for a dollar, in for a dime

?
The only good thing to come out of this period is the intermission panel saying management knows they can’t bring back the same group again. I’ve assumed that by reading between the lines a bit and, well, taking other comments at face value (I.e. team assessment when they took over).
Challenge accepted

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad