Post-Game Talk: Isles def. Canucks - 6-2 (Horvat x2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Im starting to get the feeling that the +/- stat is next to meaningless...

In no way in the world should Myers be any positive stat regarding goal differential (unless fans of other teams are reading this, then Myers is good and reliable)

He’s got an xGF% of 41.5% and a HDSC% of 39%, but has an on ice Save percentage of .917 and on ice shooting percentage of 11. His +6 is super inflated

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
He was good last year, and shockingly with OEL as well. One of the only positive xGF% defensemen on the team while getting tough defensive minutes. I didn't like the signing either, especially after his first two seasons here, but I legit thought it was a Travis Green thing and Myers was turning it around, and now it's just another regression back to his old self.
Where are you getting those numbers from? According to both Natural Stat Trick and Moneypuck he was below 50% and basically neck and neck with OEL, Hughes, and Schenn in that regard.

Myers ended up with the second worst xGA/60 on the defence and his numbers were only saved by good offensive numbers when he was on the ice. He’s a useful defender offensively but I didn’t see him as the guy driving that.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
If it makes anyone feel any better , our best players like Horvat and Kuzmenko are gone at years end (or sooner) and our worst players like Miller , OEL, Myers are here for a long time.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The only good thing to come out of this period is the intermission panel saying management knows they can’t bring back the same group again. I’ve assumed that by reading between the lines a bit and, well, taking other comments at face value (I.e. team assessment when they took over).

Reactions: mossey3535

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad