Rumor: Islanders working on a Boychuk trade

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Ridiculously overpaid at $5.25m combined for the next 2 seasons?
You lose whatever credibility you had with that comment. Boychuk is still a solid #5 RHD and a good locker room leader.
He is not worth his $6m caphit,but he is very much worth $2.75m in actual cash salary for the next two seasons.

Some of these Boychuk comments have me wondering if the posters actually watch Boychuk play.
I don’t think they realize he has an extra gear during the playoffs. He seems to conserve it until the post season.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Isn't Parise still a useful player? The other 2 are not. I know Zach has a few more years on that contract but that seems really bad for Minnesota.

really good in 3 years when Ladd's contract is over(Boychuk in 2) and Parise is still getting 7.5M capit for 2 more years when he is close to 40. lol

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You lose whatever credibility you had with that comment. Boychuk is still a solid #5 RHD and a good locker room leader.
He is not worth his $6m caphit,but he is very much worth $2.75m in actual cash salary for the next two seasons.

Some of these Boychuk comments have me wondering if the posters actually watch Boychuk play.

Really sounds what Red Wings should consider.

We would love a high caphit with lower money. Caphits are kind of meaninless at the moment. There's space anyways.

RHD is a need and leader for young core is a need.

LD should go on another direction.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Guys an absolute warrior and can still play but he can’t stay healthy and is getting up there in age. The sweetener might sting. I guessing EDM or OTT if it happens.

Not Ottawa. Dorion already said the defence is set.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Very likely Isles have to add to trade him. Wonder how much.

At least he's much cheaper than his caphit i guess. Only costs $1,25M this season and $4M next season for his 6M Caphit.

Oh oh. Bargain Bin Chevy to the rescue.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014

His total salary for each of the next two years is 4M, 8M in total remaining. And the way his deal is structured with signing bonuses, a buyout next year would hurt a lot. His contract is awful anyway you slice it.

CapFriendly - JOHNNY BOYCHUK
Johnny Boychuk - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

To me he's essentially a replacement level player at this point, one of those guys you can easily sign for close to league minimum. Maybe his reputation and past abilities will trick some dumb GM into trading for him without much sweetener from the Islanders but teams should stay away.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I forsee him going to the Minnesota Wild.
No dude, he isnt. Minnesota isnt taking him being that they have Carson Soucy ready to take over if dumba gets traded

Minnesota also doesn't have anymore caproom until next year 21-22 season when they . So no chance. Parise and Islanders deal are dead. Minnesota isn't trading a 25-30 Goal scorer in Parise without getting significant assets back such as a 1st and more to take on ladd.

Minnesota also has 36 mil in d alone. So , stop

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
No dude, he isnt. Minnesota isnt taking him being that they have Carson Soucy ready to take over if dumba gets traded

Minnesota also doesn't have anymore caproom until next year 21-22 season when they . So no chance. Parise and Islanders deal are dead. Minnesota isn't trading a 25-30 Goal scorer in Parise without getting significant assets back such as a 1st and more to take on ladd.

Minnesota also has 36 mil in d alone. So , stop

It was a joke.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
His total salary for each of the next two years is 4M, 8M in total remaining. And the way his deal is structured with signing bonuses, a buyout next year would hurt a lot. His contract is awful anyway you slice it.

CapFriendly - JOHNNY BOYCHUK
Johnny Boychuk - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

To me he's essentially a replacement level player at this point, one of those guys you can easily sign for close to league minimum. Maybe his reputation and past abilities will trick some dumb GM into trading for him without much sweetener from the Islanders but teams should stay away.

Islanders already paid his 2.75M bonus this season so he only makes 1.25M (combined 4M). If Islanders can suck it up for 1 season they probably can get something of value after they pay his 2.75M bonus(thus he has a 1.25M slary next year) on July 1, 2021.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I don’t think they realize he has an extra gear during the playoffs. He seems to conserve it until the post season.
He was solid in this yr's playoffs.

In Staple's recent Q & A, he said Boychuk was probably the most popular guy in the isles locker room.
Isles are a tight group and fans should not discount the leadership Boychuk brings at a $2.65m salary.

Reactions: robertocarlos

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Boychuk for cheap would be OK.I'm sorry I spelled Pulock wrong. All I know is he is good. He and Toews.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
He was solid in this yr's playoffs.

In Staple's recent Q & A, he said Boychuk was probably the most popular guy in the isles locker room.
Isles are a tight group and fans should not discount the leadership Boychuk brings at a $2.65m salary.
I’d like to think Martin is just as popular and probably being told by Lou to sit tight so we can figure out cap stuff so we can find a way to bring you back. JB is just on the outside looking in when it comes to the blue line with the emergence of Dobson.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Im going with Arizona, attach wilde and a 3rd seems fair. Hes almost nothing this season
Wilde had a high ankle sprain that derailed his season.

If he's almost nothing,the isles will gladly keep him and attach a 2nd to a Boychuk deal.

Ledge And Dairy

Wilde had a high ankle sprain that derailed his season.

If he's almost nothing,the isles will gladly keep him and attach a 2nd to a Boychuk deal.
I know how cheap he is this year in terms of actual owed money but his contract is still an anchor. A 2nd will not be enough to move him. Even if NYI moves both Boychuk and Wilde they arent in need of any RD for a while. I think using him as your incentive makes a lot of sense

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Islanders already paid his 2.75M bonus this season so he only makes 1.25M (combined 4M). If Islanders can suck it up for 1 season they probably can get something of value after they pay his 2.75M bonus(thus he has a 1.25M slary next year) on July 1, 2021.
hed still have a high cap hit in a market where most teams would expect a payment

itd be less than Lou would need to pay today but i dont see the point, may as well just keep him or pay to move him now to sign Barzal and Pulock

I personally dont see the Islanders as true contenders

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Would be surprised if they could find a taker but you never know. That his salary is lower than his caphit will certainly help...

Ultimately part of the solution for Lou will be very likely a Nick Leddy buyout...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad