Speculation: Islanders General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Whoever the Oilers want for 10OA, We can offer 11 and and 43. With that, Chia will probably be dealing the 10OA for a #7 defenseman he thinks is a #3.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
I think it'd take more to get Parayko than Karlsson.

Very possible. Assuming they'd go for roughly the same value, though, I'll take CP and I'd offer a damn good package for him. Would certainly be willing to include Beau/JHS/any D prospect or pick. Once again though, might not be able to ge thim without a Pulock type guy.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Also just a heads up. I know sometimes eklund's stuff gets posted here. He is saying the Islanders are exploring Anders Lee for Cam Talbot. Maybe we stop using his info

Ther have been rumors surrounding Cam Talbot, and that'd be a rela nice pickup. With that, I DOUBT Lou trades Lee unless he is confident he can get something done for Kovalchuk or someone liek Panarin. We need Lee. No one on our team can do what he does. And I think Lou knows that. He valeus players like that.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Also just a heads up. I know sometimes eklund's stuff gets posted here. He is saying the Islanders are exploring Anders Lee for Cam Talbot. Maybe we stop using his info

If we trade Lee for Talbot straight up, I might put up a billboard asking for Snow back. But back to reality, there is no way Lou trades Lee for anything less than a top 2 defenseman.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I don't think we put any stock in what Eklund posts, however if we're making up deals and his content (or anybody's content) gives us an idea for a fictional trade proposal, I say have at it.

BTW, that Talbot thing was not presented as a rumor - he said he made it up. Honest for once. :laugh:

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Ther have been rumors surrounding Cam Talbot, and that'd be a rela nice pickup. With that, I DOUBT Lou trades Lee unless he is confident he can get something done for Kovalchuk or someone liek Panarin. We need Lee. No one on our team can do what he does. And I think Lou knows that. He valeus players like that.

Only a few in the entire league can do what he does. He's so valuable.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Personally 0 interest from me. Would have liked him 4-5 years ago.

I don't think it's about whether or not he's interesting for us, but more about Sharks clearing the space for a big UFA center that could really help them...

Reactions: SI90

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
I don't think it's about whether or not he's interesting for us, but more about Sharks clearing the space for a big UFA center that could really help them...

Makes sense. Regardless, JT isn't basing his decision absed off of money (between NY and Cali at least) and we all knew they'd try to get him anyway.

I thought for a while they ahd a shot but I don't see it. I know the Sharks were good this year and before but I don't know he looks at their roster and sees how he'll have a better chance to win there over the next 8 years.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Makes sense. Regardless, JT isn't basing his decision absed off of money (between NY and Cali at least) and we all knew they'd try to get him anyway.

I thought for a while they ahd a shot but I don't see it. I know the Sharks were good this year and before but I don't know he looks at their roster and sees how he'll have a better chance to win there over the next 8 years.

Next 8? No, probably not. But next 3? I'd say they do have a chance. It all depends on how Tavares will look at this - if he's willing to wait a few years for the re-tool to end or does he want to go to a team that can win now.

Of course!

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

San Jose is a long shot I think for that reason. They are highly uncertain to be competitive in the next few years without a doubt

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
There is a reason Eklund gets so brutally mocked.

Last edited:

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005

Dude. WTF is wrong with you. Learn to read.

"Predict a trade that no one is talking about. Give me your craziest ideas and I will rank the best three, based on fun and more, and see who out there has the best and most interesting concepts...

I will give you mine...(this is NOT a rumor, just an idea..)

I can see the Isles making a move where they send Anders Lee to Edmonton for Cam Talbot and a pick, then the Oilers trade for Grubauer...I say this because I don't see any of the goalies available being the right guy for Lou on the Island. But Talbot...he is a Lou guy..."

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Personally 0 interest from me. Would have liked him 4-5 years ago.
Shark fans say he has skating issues. That he has really slowed down.Some question whether he can still play at the nhl level at this point.

Trotz told reporters he wants a speedy,skilled team . Lou made similar comments.

Last edited:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

"Predict a trade that no one is talking about. Give me your craziest ideas and I will rank the best three, based on fun and more, and see who out there has the best and most interesting concepts...

I can see the Isles making a move where they send Anders Lee to Edmonton for Cam Talbot and a pick, then the Oilers trade for Grubauer...I say this because I don't see any of the goalies available being the right guy for Lou on the Island. But Talbot...he is a Lou guy..."

I've never been impressed with Talbot. He basically had the one decent year in Edmonton and that was it. That disgusting run he had with the Rangers they were just playing the defense of their lives. He rarell was challenged the entire 6 weeks and the one game he was he allowed 4 goals to us.

Reactions: Macch

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Appreciate you clearing this up. Talbot is coming off a terrible season. No way do I see him as the key to landing a 40 goal scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad