GDT: Islanders @ Devils - Season Finale - 7:00 PM - MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought the effort was there. We clearly got discouraged giving up that first goal.

Yes a bad pinch by Bahl. But after that a terrible job of defending the 2 on 1. Both guys back need to know their job is preventing that pass. You simply cannot let that pass go through to Pageau. The goalie takes the shooter on the wing and you prevent the pass.

Was that Smith? There was a forward back too maybe. Just poor fundamentals.
It’s hard to tell if it’s the effort isn’t there or if this is just more Travis Green hockey.

Travis Green hockey is so bad that it sandbags the team and makes them look worse than they have since the Hynes days when we were still rebuilding and hardly had any good players.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
How we went from last season to this mess is making me so angry…. I know the injuries but still, this is a freaking disastrous 😑
At this point it’s just malaise. The players know how much of a flop this has been. This isn’t the game to take anything from. I’m not even sure how many guys will return next season from this lineup

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It’s hard to tell if it’s the effort isn’t there or if this is just more Travis Green hockey.

Travis Green hockey is so bad that it sandbags the team and makes them look worse than they have since the Hynes days when we were still rebuilding and hardly had any good players.
Looks like they are playing not to get hurt. Seriously. Lots of pulling up in the first period.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019

I’d like to trade it for ripe hockey, please?

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If I’m Fitz I throw Green right under the bus after this and go right on back on what he said about interviewing Green this summer.

He can cite the pathetic display in this season finale as changing his mind, even though we’ve looked like this and even worse more often than not since he put this guy in charge.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I want blood at this point. I wanna see people fired more than I did when Lindy was still coach.

Green, Rogalski, Chris Taylor. Pop them all from left to right tomorrow.

It’s not like they’ll have a hard time finding jobs in hockey again next year. Thats if they’re not already under contract with us to get paid anyway.

I’m sure there’s several teams in the league that would hire Green to be an assistant this offseason.

Reactions: BostonDevil

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
There's either not enough Devils fans in the building tonight or they just don't have the energy to really care anymore.

But I was hoping to hear some Fire Travis or the team getting booed off the ice tonight.

Not enough Devils fans? What do you want from us lol? What moment required cheering?

Home fans booed down an early Isles chant but why bother after the goals were scored.

At least those nitwits are having fun.

Reactions: JimEIV

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Vegas pretty much goes balls to the wall trying to make the playoffs too.
Yeah. Lou had two conference finals, Vegas did better but they started in better position. Still managed this position greatly.
May be they should started to rebuild, but Lou isnt the gm for rebuild, when Islanders will want to make rebuild. they will hire other gm. Now with Sorokin, Horvat, Barzal ob their deals, with their defense they have something to stay strong enough to play play off game, and with their goalie there is a chance every time.

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017
40 minutes left. PLEASE, no OT.
And more morphine.

Yeah. Lou had two conference finals, Vegas did better but they started in better position. Still managed this position greatly.
May be they should started to rebuild, but Lou isnt the gm for rebuild, when Islanders will want to make rebuild. they will hire other gm. Now with Sorokin, Horvat, Barzal ob their deals, with their defense they have something to stay strong enough to play play off game, and with their goalie there is a chance every time.
The Islanders are Minnesota Wild east.

Reactions: My3Sons

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Maybe if you watch games from a few years ago. The last couple of years the refs let guys hold and interfere constantly
You’ve commented on this before, I have as well. I think we’re too young/naive or lack the benefit of the refs on those little holding, clutching grabbing stuff like say a Boston or Isles team. The older more experienced teams subtlety get away with murder out there and take advantage of it.

Reactions: My3Sons

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Im not going to bother watching this game when the Yanks are on but want to ask: what’s the verdict on the goals Allen has allowed? His numbers are now markedly worse than Kahkonen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad