Post-Game Talk: Islanders defeat RANGERS 3-2 (OT)

3 Stars

• Artemi Panarin

• Mika Zibanejad

• Pavel Buchnevich

• Vitali Kravtsov

• Chris Kreider

• Igor Shesterkin

• Adam Fox

• Alexis Lafreniere

• Kaapo Kakko

• K’Andre Miller

• Colin Blackwell

• Brendan Smith

• Filip Chytil

• Kevin Rooney

• Brett Howden

• Ryan Lindgren

• Ryan Strome

• Jacob Trouba

• Libor Hajek

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I am pretty sure we haven't won back to back games against any same foe except for the Devils. Too lazy to go back and check schedule and results of each game. That is why grabbing that extra point tonight was huge. Do we really have confidence in this team doing it down the stretch now that they have to?!

Reactions: egelband

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Nobody is remotely saying that. They've both been equally inconsistent/ downright awful, just in completely different ways.
Yeah I know he is often inconsistent but maybe the human element of complacency has set it as well. He got his money.
We have seen many days of the fat cats just cashing checks in the early 2000's. I hope that isn't the case for Kreider but sure looks it right now. He was literally floating for a lot of the game even in the ot.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This team battled and could have easily won both games. Playoff chances are slim but the future is really bright for this team. Some great young talent and more on the way. BTW I hope the Piles panic and give up another high draft pick for 2 goal Taylor Hall. They won't make it past second round regardless.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Quinn has done some good things here he has lost the locker room IMO. He can no longer get the most out of his team. He’s constantly out coached. Kind of like when Torts shelf life runs its course the team is just out there going thru the motions. Hindsight being 20/20 I’d rather have a shitfaced Montgomery behind the bench

Unlike Torts he never had the lockerroom. This team has been shit his whole tenure here. I'm trying to remember if it was just last two years or three years that he was here.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Yeah I know he is often inconsistent but maybe the human element of complacency has set it as well. He got his money.
We have seen many days of the fat cats just cashing checks in the early 2000's. I hope that isn't the case for Kreider but sure looks it right now. He was literally floating for a lot of the game even in the ot.

I don't take Kreider as that guy to be complacent because he got paid. He's just who is he at this point...consistently inconsistent. He's run hot & cold for his entire career & when things aren't going well, he looks disengaged. This is nothing new, but always frustrating for us at home.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Ok.

It's always bad faith shitposting with you and then you get mad when people don't engage.
Pretty accurate summation. It's kinda baffling. Why even come here? Almost never engages in any sort of intelligent, honest discussion. Doesn't seem to get anything out of this place. Goes out of his way to pick a fight with everyone he sees. Just weird.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't take Kreider as that guy to be complacent because he got paid. He's just who is he at this point...consistently inconsistent. He's run hot & cold for his entire career & when things aren't going well, he looks disengaged. This is nothing new, but always frustrating for us at home.
Yeah for sure.
Just now he seems to be more of a liability. At both ends of the ice. Heck even DQ sent him to the 4th line in favor of a kid. That says a lot.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
8 of the next 9 games are against the devils sabres and flyers.

and we’re healthy

5 of the next 9 for the Bruins are against the isles pens and caps.

Their D and goaltending are hurting

you just want them to be interesting down the stretch here. These next 9 sure should be
My guess at the start of the season was this team missed the playoffs by a few points. I think if they play good hockey they might sneak in. But as long as the kids continue to show improvement I don’t care if we make the playoffs. This isn’t our year anyways.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Unlike Torts he never had the lockerroom. This team has been shit his whole tenure here. I'm trying to remember if it was just last two years or three years that he was here.
His first year here even though we didn’t win, we at least had the fight. He’s definitely not a coach like Torts or Brindamour where they get to most out of there players. I think If Martin wasn’t here this year Quinn would have been fired already

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
His first year here even though we didn’t win, we at least had the fight. He’s definitely not a coach like Torts or Brindamour where they get to most out of there players. I think If Martin wasn’t here this year Quinn would have been fired already

They were more explosive last year and were able to come back more, though they did come back today.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't know if I'm greedy or what but Losing in OT with our kids playing great and our vets playing like shit is better than winning with our vets playing well but I frankly wanted both. There's no excuse for our vets stinking up the joint. Where was Panarin? And I know he's not really a vet, this was kind of a disappointing game by Fox. I guess even Lidstrom had his off games.

Reactions: Larrybiv

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
They were more explosive last year and were able to come back more, though they did come back today.
Yea more often then not we would be losing but the hard work didn’t stop as much. I don’t know, maybe I’m not describing it right. There’s just a different feeling watching them now. They get behind and their shoulders sag and they go thru the motions. In his first year there were a lot more comeback wins and games like the caps game or even tonight ( missed the last 2 periods) where then didn’t quit. I also don’t remember them coming out like the walking dead in the first as much. That’s been a staple this season.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yea more often then not we would be losing but the hard work didn’t stop as much. I don’t know, maybe I’m not describing it right. There’s just a different feeling watching them now. They get behind and their shoulders sag and they go thru the motions. In his first year there were a lot more comeback wins and games like the caps game or even tonight ( missed the last 2 periods) where then didn’t quit. I also don’t remember them coming out like the walking dead in the first as much. That’s been a staple this season.

Yeah, I'll never forget how they almost came back from 6-0 down with just over a period left.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't know if I'm greedy or what but Losing in OT with our kids playing great and our vets playing like shit is better than winning with our vets playing well but I frankly wanted both. There's no excuse for our vets stinking up the joint. Where was Panarin? And I know he's not really a vet, this was kind of a disappointing game by Fox. I guess even Lidstrom had his off games.

Panarin and Fox are allowed to have bad games.

I’m not so much annoyed by the outcome as I am annoyed that Kreider went from being punished for sucking to being used as if he earned his spot back at the end of the game. It was his blown coverage which led to the chance before the ot goal against, which came after he almost blew it in regulation.

your best players during regulation got 0 shifts in OT. Quinn went to Kravtsov which was good, but not using him, Lafreniere or Kakko in OT was baffling.

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
You guys heard it here first: Howden and Quinn are sleeping together. Probably right this second. It is the only explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad