Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Capitals Game 7 7:30pm 4/27/15 (MOD WARNING POST #2 ALL MUST READ)

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
Props guys...this hurts so bad, but nothing but respect. Hopefully you showed the Isles how properly close out a series. Good luck and please just beat the Rags.

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012
FZoQ1ri.jpg

:)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Props guys...this hurts so bad, but nothing but respect. Hopefully you showed the Isles how properly close out a series. Good luck and please just beat the Rags.

So, the Brooklyn Islanders want the Manhattan Rangers to lose??? lol

That said, the Washington Capitals under their new HC are the best Cap team I've seen in years.... Good kudos Cap fans.... great victory beating the Islanders....

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Hey guys, look on the main boards. We have a bandwagon thread now.

We are a likeable team now ? It has to be a first. Maybe it's because we're against the Rags.

Anyway, let's go Caps !

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I want to say Burakovsky played good. Didn't do any dumb things, at least I can't remember any. Guy will be a player too. Glad he didn't start with a G7 loss.

What a ****ing game! We got a TEAM.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
That said, the Washington Capitals under their new HC are the best Cap team I've seen in years.... Good kudos Cap fans.... great victory beating the Islanders....

This IS the best Caps team since the 2010 Caps, no question, factoring in the coach and absence of the "Forsberg Trader".

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
How about Islanders 0-14 on the PP this series.

We've waited a long time to even have a DECENT PK.... Nisky and Orpik deserve a lot of credit for helping our PK this season. It came up huge for us.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
A big fat thanks to Fred Flintstone for not pulling Halak sooner, thinking his feeble scoreless PP would come through :laugh:

Slappy

May 29, 2007
wow. what a dominant performance. can't really think of any grade A chances the isles had. maybe one?

everyone played well, save for glencross. i thought he was awful. wasn't moving his feet. whiffing on shots, making dumb passes. sit him for fehr if he's back; if not, latta.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
wow. what a dominant performance. can't really think of any grade A chances the isles had. maybe one?

everyone played well, save for glencross. i thought he was awful. wasn't moving his feet. whiffing on shots, making dumb passes. sit him for fehr if he's back; if not, latta.

If not for the Caps getting Halak'd in the first half of the game and Holtby allowing a softie, it would be 3-0 the final score.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
This IS the best Caps team since the 2010 Caps, no question, factoring in the coach and absence of the "Forsberg Trader".

As a NHL fan in general, the Caps with Ovi and Backstrom have always been a subject..... but with Trotz the team is a serious Cup contender.... good kudos... if y'all beat the Rangers I will jump on...

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Kuz burned Neilsen, who played the back hand too strong after buying Kuz's fake. Kuz spun onto his forehard and into our history books as one of the few that has potted a game 7 GWG.

Lesson I learned long ago, always force players onto their backhand, and expect the forehand move

NeilYoung

May 7, 2009
I want to say Burakovsky played good. Didn't do any dumb things, at least I can't remember any. Guy will be a player too. Glad he didn't start with a G7 loss.

What a ****ing game! We got a TEAM.

Yeah I thought he was pretty good as well, seemed like he tried to play it safe a lot but there was more than a couple times he was emerging along the boards with the puck and getting it back to the d-man.

Mojo's playing more aggressive now and it seems to make him a better fit to play with Kuz

noptov

Jan 27, 2009
Mclean, VA
A big fat thanks to Fred Flintstone for not pulling Halak sooner, thinking his feeble scoreless PP would come through :laugh:

I couldn't fathom that decision. There was a point with two minutes left when they were well established in the zone, but Cappy did nothing.

He looked a bit rusty, but I thought GlenX played a strong game overall; kept the pressure up, generated some shots. Sure he flubbed a grade A chance, but I don't think Latta even creates that chance, let alone converts it.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006

Someone for the Isles had a fantastic chance maybe early in the 2nd that looked a lot like Kuzya's goal, but he shot early instead of waiting out Holts and got stoned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad