GDT: Blues @ Hawks 7pm ChSn

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'm not saying I ever thought he'd be an all star. But for a lack of anyone else, when he put up 15 points in 23 games to end the 23 season, who in the system were you more excited about going into the future? I know it wasn't Korchinski
Frank, obviously

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Wasn't Reichel's 15 in 23 a bit of a mirage based on analytics? Not to mention that's the point in the season where all the vets that are secure in their NHL futures are either gearing up for the postseason or just playing out the season, so the intensity isn't quite the same in games against bad teams.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Wasn't Reichel's 15 in 23 a bit of a mirage based on analytics? Not to mention that's the point in the season where all the vets that are secure in their NHL futures are either gearing up for the postseason or just playing out the season, so the intensity isn't quite the same in games against bad teams.
Not sure what you mean but his shooting % wasn't absurdly high, he put up 12 even strength points against just 3 on the powerplay, and perhaps as the biggest difference from last year, he looked fast and confident. Even considering the point of the season where it occurred, that Blackhawks team post-TDL was one of the least talented rosters in living memory and he was able to produce in a small sample. It was quite reasonable to expect more than the limp noodle that Reichel has been since then, especially with the added context of two very strong AHL seasons as a relatively young player for the league

I thought he was a little better after the AHL stint last year and played pretty well for Germany but this preseason is the worst I can remember seeing him. Very disappointing and maybe his heart just isn't in it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad