Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Capitals Game 7 7:30pm 4/27/15 (MOD WARNING POST #2 ALL MUST READ)

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Is that even up for debate? Backstrom played great early on, but Kuz was playing on a different plane than everyone else.

He's so much stronger on the puck, more confident, and totally asserting himself. It seemed like it clicked for him over maybe the final third of the season, but he's taken any doubt away at this point.

That boy has ARRIVED!

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I have to admit, as he came across I thought Kuzy waited way too long to shoot. Couldn't be happier to be wrong.

Backstrom is probably my player of the series despite not having a huge impact in games 6 or 7.

capsfan59

May 10, 2009
I wonder if Kuznetsov is a ppg player in the future. He needs better talent around him though. Brouwer or Chimera won't do.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Congrats guys. Great series. Go take care of the Rangers. Try and pick up the physicality a bit, Caps kinda played like a bunch of Marys in this series.:sarcasm:

Yeah, this whole series was a little too "European." Maybe next series somebdy will finally lay a hit:laugh:

amin723

Mar 11, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
Ooof... Orpik just said he took a trip to Washington before free agency, I hope the Pens had already given him the ok... Obviously the Pens weren't going to re-sign him, but still could be called tampering.

He probably just meant he and his family took a trip to Washington to see the sights and stuff.

Great game.

Halak? No problem.

Broken equipment? No problem.

Late penalty? No problem.

Kuzzies all around.

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
This is an odd feeling. It's like Kuz doesnt know that he was supposed to blow it.

I love you Kuz. Easily top 5 caps goal in the OV era all things considered.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Calling that late rough was a clown call. They clearly decided to let the players decide the game, and then flounder on a cheese ball call late... what the ****? Fortunately their PP was rendered useless by our PK.

How about Backstrom on that final clear. I about had a heart attack wondering why he didnt clear it before Locker said his twig broke.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Rags shorthanded bigtime without Zucarello (concussion) and Nash (playoffs).

Nash is having a career year with 42 goals, at the top of his game and ready for Olympic type play..... I've watched Nash since he was drafted.... Rick Nash will be the game change in the Cap/Ranger series....

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Yeah, this whole series was a little too "European." Maybe next series somebdy will finally lay a hit:laugh:

For the next two weeks, anytime anyone closed a door too loudly in any of these players houses they are going to duck and cover.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Islander fans are going to have a tough being louder at this place when It's going to look like this now for.... forever. :P

nassau-coliseum.jpg

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Nash is having a career year with 42 goals, at the top of his game and ready for Olympic type play..... I've watched Nash since he was drafted.... Rick Nash will be the game change in the Cap/Ranger series....

If the refs call the next series like they did this one, and the Caps keep it up, Nash will be out by game 2.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Calling that late rough was a clown call. They clearly decided to let the players decide the game, and then flounder on a cheese ball call late... what the ****? Fortunately their PP was rendered useless by our PK.

How about Backstrom on that final clear. I about had a heart attack wondering why he didnt clear it before Locker said his twig broke.

The PK really impressed me this series. I wasn't expecting that kind of performance.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I gotta say, neither captain really stepped it up in this game 7, or even this series in general. How ironic that the secondary scoring would be the difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad