Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Capitals Game 7 7:30pm 4/27/15 (MOD WARNING POST #2 ALL MUST READ)

NeilYoung

May 7, 2009
Credit where credits due I thought all of the players everyone on here *****es about all the time stepped up big Mojo was laying people out with hits, Laich was great on the forecheck and on the walls, Green was creating lots of chances everyone contributed and played tough

Keeping a very good team to only 11 shots on goal in a game 7 in insane

dok101

Jan 2, 2006
New York
Great series, fellas. Many (all?) of us in Islanders country will be rooting hard for you guys when you face the Rangers.

Let's go Caps!

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Nash is having a career year with 42 goals, at the top of his game and ready for Olympic type play..... I've watched Nash since he was drafted.... Rick Nash will be the game change in the Cap/Ranger series....
That's all fine, but he hasn't done a whole lot in the playoffs and didn't change that trend much in this year's first round.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Islander fans are going to have a tough being louder at this place when It's going to look like this now for.... forever. :P

nassau-coliseum.jpg

Turn out the lights!!!!:yo:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Credit where credits due I thought all of the players everyone on here *****es about all the time stepped up big Mojo was laying people out with hits, Laich was great on the forecheck and on the walls, Green was creating lots of chances everyone contributed and played tough

Keeping a very good team to only 11 shots on goal in a game 7 in insane

Absolutely and both Bura and Johansson made some nice hits.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Hey guys flyers fan dropping by to say congrats on taking the series! You guys look like a completely different team than in years past and it feels weird to say, but I'm rooting you guys to win the east. Your guys play a tough style along with skill and they're just such a fun team to watch. Reminds me of Flyers hockey of years past :P. Not to mention I met Holtby a few times in college when he was Hershey and he was one of the most down to earth dudes I've ever met in sports. Really hope he continues his strong play as his hard work on weaknesses in his game has really shown. Great job knocking out those bandwagoners on the isle, now make it a New York 2 for 2!

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
That penalty call was truly bogus. After deciding to swallow the whistle for 56 minutes, they call a behind the play, no impact on a scoring chance rough. Brutal.

Marshall

A Mahoney guy
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
EK92's hockey IQ very apparent on his goal, but more in the fact that he took a beat, saw the seam and hit it hard. The patience on top of it...

When a talented draft pick adapts to a new style, new coaching and then blossoms - in the playoffs - well, then.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Hats off to the Isles. That was a ****ing slugfest and by far the best first round series.

I am in shock. Didn't log in here all day and went for a run before the game... got back in time for the 2nd period. I was convinced we were in for another heartbreaker.

Kuzy. ****ing Kuzy. Love this kid.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
REMINDER: Do not respond to posts you believe are in violation of the rules, including trolling. Use the report button and a mod will review the report.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Boychuk a bit fat -2 tonight. I wonder if we wore him down, or if him on the ice for both our goals was a coincidence.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
That penalty call was truly bogus. After deciding to swallow the whistle for 56 minutes, they call a behind the play, no impact on a scoring chance rough. Brutal.

This whole refs changing the rules in the playoffs thing drives me nuts. The Caps were guilty of 2 blatant boardings and the Isles were guilty of at least 1. But zebras decided boarding isn't a penalty on April 27, 2015 and so we all go along with their whims.

It cheapens the game.

I never even saw what Carlson did.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Carlson can't hit someone in the face and not expect it to get called IMO.

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
This whole refs changing the rules in the playoffs thing drives me nuts. The Caps were guilty of 2 blatant boardings and the Isles were guilty of at least 1. But zebras decided boarding isn't a penalty on April 27, 2015 and so we all go along with their whims.

It cheapens the game.

I never even saw what Carlson did.

Myregularface on twitter had a gif of it and it was pretty rough. Basically cross check to the face

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad