GDT: Islanders @ Capitals - 11/5/13 - Nielsen > Tavares

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
NO CHANCE of that happening, he's gonna tear it up in Sochi. Hockey world better be on notice, Ovi playing an olympic in Russia?! Scary thought.

Russia v Canada in gold medal game would be like a scene from Rocky 4

There is not much behind the hope on that unfortunately.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
NO CHANCE of that happening, he's gonna tear it up in Sochi. Hockey world better be on notice, Ovi playing an olympic in Russia?! Scary thought.

Russia v Canada in gold medal game would be like a scene from Rocky 4

It's not really up to Ovechkin if Russia insists on bringing a half-KHL team like last time. If anything, being the best player on the ice but still getting demolished by a better Canada/USA/Sweden team might be even worse for his psyche.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Agreed. Poor Eric though. Did nothing to deserve it.

Oates did all he could to get him a spot.

This lineup seemed all but inevitalble but Oates sure took his time trying it.

It's been such a no brainer to me. Erat on 1. MJ at C. A 4th line that looks like a 4th line.

For the first time since before the playoffs, I have been happy with Oates's forward lines top to bottom

:yo:

Last edited:

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
It's not really up to Ovechkin if Russia insists on bringing a half-KHL team like last time. If anything, being the best player on the ice but still getting demolished by a better Canada/USA/Sweden team might be even worse for his psyche.

Where did you hear about Russia fielding a KHL team? Do you mean the guys they invited to camp?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA

USA sucks this year IMO.

Center depth looks terrible.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
and Carkner gets 3rd star

Sorry, it's not philly and its not his pop

I AM JOKING INTERNET

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Oates did all he could to get him a spot.

This lineup seemed all but inevitalble but Oates sure took him time trying it.

It's been such a no brainer to me. Erat on 1. MJ at C. A 4th line that looks like a 4th line.

For the first time since before the playoffs, I have been happy with Oates's forward lines top to bottom

:yo:

Only took 14 games into the season for lines in which most here felt were the best.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of Brouwer traded for a top four defenseman if they could pull that off. Fehr can easily replace Brouwer on that line.

MackenKracken

Jan 31, 2013
NOVA
It's all good bruh. Tonight is a good night, Caps DOMINATED :yo:

alzy-celly.gif

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Bob, Varlamov, Voynov, Gonchar, Volchenkov, Emelin, Markov, Datsyuk, Ovi, Malkin, Kovy, Semin, Radulov, Tarasenko, Yak, Kuzya, Anisimov.

and that's not even the complete 25 so they look fine to me.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Russia PP will be UNSTOPPABLE though, that is a guarantee you can make before even a puck is dropped.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Anyone else notice Ovie and Wilson talking before the power play? Then they run a play together and the captain gives the rookie a helper on his first ever NHL goal? Pretty cool. :handclap:

Vladiator16*

First line rocked tonight, Erat fits in perfectly. Great game by Mojo too... Well, who didnt have a good game tonight...

2 points.
Keep it going boys!

MackenKracken

Jan 31, 2013
NOVA
yeah its a real crazy concept, when players play their natural positions, good things happen, its ****ing wild I know

Vladiator16*

Man I hope Russia doesn't poop the bed in Sochi. That's the one thing I could see derailing this Ovi train.

I wouldn't worry about that too much... He's been around the block now. I'm pretty sure sometimes beatings like they took in Vancouver and he took so much to his heart builds a character... He'll be fine one way or another.

Man that was a fun game! More, please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad