GDT: Islanders @ Capitals - 11/5/13 - Nielsen > Tavares

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vladiator16*

Come on where was the Gordie Howe for Wilson?!?

Either way, coming out party...

wilson_volleyball.jpg

Good for him, very likable dude.

Vladiator16*

NO CHANCE of that happening, he's gonna tear it up in Sochi. Hockey world better be on notice, Ovi playing an olympic in Russia?! Scary thought.

Russia v Canada in gold medal game would be like a scene from Rocky 4

Good lord, man... I like a good new fellow Caps fan as much as anybody, but... when the last time you took your Ritalin?

;)

Vladiator16*

Only took 14 games into the season for lines in which most here felt were the best.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of Brouwer traded for a top four defenseman if they could pull that off. Fehr can easily replace Brouwer on that line.

If by Brouwer you mean Laich, then yes, I agree.

Burakovsky95*

Pathetic fans that left early, i despise that. Who cares about traffic? No matter when you leave you are going to get stuck in it.

Some don't realise how privileged they are.

Was at the game. Me and my buds stayed until after the 3 stars were announced. The crowd was kinda sparse anyway it being a Tuesday night and all. Didn't really seem like there was a mass exodus to me.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
One of two things going on here. Either 20 is being featured or 16 was.

Or the other 3 lines were clicking well enough (or Oates liked them enough) to not want to break them up.

No one wants to touch the 3rd line and while I might personally like Fehr over Brouwer currently, Fehr hasn't actually done anything to validate that thought. While I woulda thrown Wilson into that top 6 role for the game (probably rotating shifts though), they really want to keep taking things slow with him so they kinda had to play Fehr in that top RW role.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Seeing Ovie play this well right off an injury, and scoring all these goals for the past season or so... where the **** did that guy go for a year and a half?

The switch to RW is obviously a factor, but he's getting a ton of points off the PP, and he got plenty of looks on the PP in basically the same spot during his entire slump.

This isn't a complaint, I'm a huge Ovie guy, I just don't get it.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Seeing Ovie play this well right off an injury, and scoring all these goals for the past season or so... where the **** did that guy go for a year and a half?

The switch to RW is obviously a factor, but he's getting a ton of points off the PP, and he got plenty of looks on the PP in basically the same spot during his entire slump.

I think its someone believing in him again. Someone took him aside and basically decided to be his friend instead of treating him like a work horse.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Also, Backstrom currently tied for 4th in the league in scoring (with Okposo and Steen?!?!). Just sayin'.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Why the **** is Brouwer playing over Eric Fehr?

Brouwer is the FOURTH OR FIFTH best RW on this team. Honestly. Brouwer has ONE EVEN STRENGTH POINT ALL YEAR. Fehr put up 3x the even-strength points as Brouwer in just a couple games with Backstrom.

It's sickening seeing Fehr in the press box with Brouwer getting top-6 minutes. Just sickening. Brouwer's spot could easily be filled by Joel Ward on the PP, and Wilson on PP2.

I'd complain about Laich too, but we have no other LWs. It's just mind-boggling why Brouwer is playing over Fehr. Put the money aside, and play the better player.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Sick game.

Mojo playing with confidence and doesn't seem scared of contact. My fav part was when he stopped at the goal line before he scored. Think he did it again later too. In the past he woulda done a fly by like a lot of non contact loving players.

Nicky looks back to his best and Ovi is putting the breaks on hard and skating a lot smarter.

The Caps have a coach who is improving their games on an individual basis as well as team. Sky's the limit now.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
The Caps have a coach who is improving their games on an individual basis as well as team. Sky's the limit now.

Beware! Few days ago Oates was recognized as idiot by many here :) And not even talking about Calle.

PS: Adam, place Orlov in the roster and all will be forgotten!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
That explains why he played 1st line RW when Ovechkin was out.

sure. he is the back up rw. he filled the hole in the lineup. the other three rw's were in solid line situations that didn't call for change.

turn that around. why scratch the guy filling in at 1RW? come on. had it been glen metropolit that was the 5th rw and the spare forward, he gets the minutes with backstrom at 1RW.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
No need to be bashing Brouwer, he had a solid game.

Would love to see him in a line that doesn't have Laich in it.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think its someone believing in him again. Someone took him aside and basically decided to be his friend instead of treating him like a work horse.

I think you are not giving OV enough credit. This was not bad coaching fixed by good coaching. This was Ov losing his own way and needing the right help to find his way back. Ov lost his way for a reason and part of that was not listening to the coaches he had....not counting Hunter, of course.

Ov gets the credit for giving in to being coached and learning from it. That is far more important than the coaching itself. Ov wants to be the work horse.

That said, the knee jerk, no patience anti Oates that's been on display here for the last little bit is a joke.

edit: brouwer bashing is now institutionalized. thank god green can be a whipping boy again too. this idea that eric fehr is the answer defies the fact that he's been asked to be the answer over and over again and never had the answer. so now we have "why is fehr scratched?" and "why is fehr playing over brouwer?" brouwer is not going to be sitting so fehr can play. brouwer is core on this team in every way. fehr is a spare part.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011

I've noticed the team and ESP #8 not shooting the puck over the net anywhere near the amount of times they once were.

BrettXNA*

No need to be bashing Brouwer, he had a solid game.

Would love to see him in a line that doesn't have Laich in it.

Yes, because the last game is all we should consider.
Forest, trees.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
sure. he is the back up rw. he filled the hole in the lineup. the other three rw's were in solid line situations that didn't call for change.

turn that around. why scratch the guy filling in at 1RW? come on. had it been glen metropolit that was the 5th rw and the spare forward, he gets the minutes with backstrom at 1RW.

That's some serious mental gymnastics to confirm what you've already decided. And why all the Glen Metropolit hate? He has 13 points for Anaheim.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
me? i can see. the caps have brouwer as core. they are not going to easily scratch him. he's going to have to stink it up for a good while before he gets sat down. ive said this all along that fehr's shot at center was the caps way of trying to find ice time for him because it was not going to be at rw. this has little to do with what i believe. its from what i see the caps doing.

metropolit....i didn't know he played in the league anymore. i am talking about the spare part for the caps that was metropolit. and lets not talk about what is going on in Anaheim. if that were happening in Washington it would just be met with so much, they are not playing right and cant win doing that. lets not hold up perreault and metropolit putting up points for boudreau like its some proof that those players are actually good. fehr scored 20 goals in boudreau's system. not before and not since.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
me? i can see. the caps have brouwer as core. they are not going to easily scratch him. he's going to have to stink it up for a good while before he gets sat down. ive said this all along that fehr's shot at center was the caps way of trying to find ice time for him because it was not going to be at rw. this has little to do with what i believe. its from what i see the caps doing.

metropolit....i didn't know he played in the league anymore. i am talking about the spare part for the caps that was metropolit. and lets not talk about what is going on in Anaheim. if that were happening in Washington it would just be met with so much, they are not playing right and cant win doing that. lets not hold up perreault and metropolit putting up points for boudreau like its some proof that those players are actually good. fehr scored 20 goals in boudreau's system. not before and not since.

Does Mike Green fall in the Eric Fehr/Matthieu Perreault category also? He scored 29 goals under Boudreau. Has played at a 14 goal/season pace over the past 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad