Is there a penalty for skipping the handshake line

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Whatever happened in the AHL? Did those guys get anything for fighting in the handshake?

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Would I shake the hand of someone who played fairly and outplayed me? Absolutely.

Would I shake the hand of someone who attacked my family and made Sean Avery-esk comments? No, I would not.
It would show you're the bigger person though. It's not like Sean Avery is well respected.

Someone who can take a punch or an insult and still shake the transgressor's hand (especially during a loss) is a legitimately mature adult worthy of respect.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

NotASheep

Feb 23, 2019
Nope. But ANY player who does it will be named, shamed and publicly humiliated

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It would show you're the bigger person though. It's not like Sean Avery is well respected.

Someone who can take a punch or an insult and still shake the transgressor's hand (especially during a loss) is a legitimately mature adult worthy of respect.
Of course but there is always a line. If you insult me, fine, if you go after my family, that is a bridge too far.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Always wondered how awkward this hand shake line was lol
Yeah, with the likes of Horton/ Rome/ Hamhuis/ Lucic and Bergeron/ Burrows. Marchand/ Sedin, I wouldn't put it beyond them saying "well played, all throughout my efforts to saw you in half at the waist/ take your head off/ bite your finger/ punch you in the face repeatedly. Much respect, Sedin sisters".

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I prefer the handshake lines over the forced, pre-planned, egotistical celebrations that happen in football and basketball. Sportsmanship, humbleness, work ethic > ego and self-aggrandizement every time.
Egotistical? Wtf you get that from?

In football you shake hands before the game not after, I like that better.
They do it after too. Wtf football u watching? Your team must suck that bad that the games are over at half time and never get to see the two teams walking to Center field for handshakes and prayers and jersey exhanges

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Not in NHL, but in the hockey world championship, you can guess which country. The entire team skipped the national anthem after the game:

They received an 85k fine for it:

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
Egotistical? Wtf you get that from?

They do it after too. Wtf football u watching? Your team must suck that bad that the games are over at half time and never get to see the two teams walking to Center field for handshakes and prayers and jersey exhanges
Grandstanding over every tackle or catch and having prepared team celebrations over every score is egotistical.

• Haha
Reactions: Sniper99

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
This is hockey, not basketball. No one is skipping the handshake line and no one feels like they are being coerced to shake hands against their will. 99.9% of the players have the upmost respect for what is one of the greatest traditions in sports.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Nope. But ANY player who does it will be named, shamed and publicly humiliated
Or win the Conn Smythe...
maxresdefault.jpg

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
This is simply false. The team shook hands. Crosby was with the media and circled back to celebrate with teammates, while most of his team and the Red Wings shook hands and eventually the Wings players stopped waiting and headed to the locker room.

Pens were still going through the handshake line when the Red Wings players just left. Barely any time passed, Crosby was just a few seconds behind the Pens staff.

Reactions: rick6668

snag

Feb 22, 2014
God....I remember one line when I was a kid...there was kid on the other team that never shook a single hand until he got to this one guy on our team that not even we liked.....he shook this kids hand.

Why? Cause it was full of spit.

Yeah, that was a fun way to close out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad