Is there a penalty for skipping the handshake line

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Isiah Thomas famously refused to shake hands and walked off the floor early when the Bulls finally got over the hump and swept the Pistons in 1991. Notably, Michael Jordan shook hands every time the Bulls had lost to the Pistons in each of the prior three years. That poor act of sportsmanship dogged Thomas for the rest of his career and really still does today.

Makes Isiah (and really most of the team only like Dumars and Salley shook hands) legends in Detroit you mean

I love how Michael Jordan still mad despite all his immense success lol

You know he still watches clips of his daddy Isiah and the rest of the bad boys teach him the hard knocks (literally) of winning

• Haha
Reactions: FU Shoresy

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Makes Isiah (and really most of the team only like Dumars and Salley shook hands) legends in Detroit you mean

I love how Michael Jordan still mad despite all his immense success lol

You know he still watches clips of his daddy Isiah and the rest of the bad boys teach him the hard knocks (literally) of winning
Poor Sportsmanship is never a good look. But sure, spin whatever silly narrative you want. Jordan is GOAT, Isiah is just another guy.

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Poor Sportsmanship is never a good look. But sure, spin whatever silly narrative you want. Jordan is GOAT, Isiah is just another guy.

you might be able to dismiss Isiah but your hero (one of the most sociopathic and least sportsmanlike people in sports too lol) Jordan clearly doesn't

1717353444619.png

• Wow
Reactions: Burt Macklin

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
Nobody would skip the line anyways, if they did, fans like 90% of you would complain and be offended so much that would end his career. God hates a whiner.

FU Shoresy

Jan 25, 2023
Isiah Thomas famously refused to shake hands and walked off the floor early when the Bulls finally got over the hump and swept the Pistons in 1991. Notably, Michael Jordan shook hands every time the Bulls had lost to the Pistons in each of the prior three years. That poor act of sportsmanship dogged Thomas for the rest of his career and really still does today.
Isaih was a whiny little B**** even before that!

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
And it cost Thomas a gold medal with the Dream Team. MJ famously told USA Basketball that if Isiah was on the team, he wouldn't be.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
In the NBA, the Isiah Thomas led Pistons infamously did this after losing the 1991 ECF to the Bulls. It still gets talked about to this day.

Meanwhile, LeBron James has done this numerous times in his career (most recently just last year after losing to the Nuggets in the WCF) and nobody says shit.

Reactions: pouf pouf

Jul 6, 2016
It’s part of being a man and a respect for the game. If you skip The handshake like win or lose you will lose some respect among your peers and fans.
So, baseball players are no men ????

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I am sure there are players who cross the line of good taste - Sean Avery. Why would you shake that person's hand?

If you don't want to shake hands, don't. Your body, your choice.

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
If you consider if coercion to be a good sport, I think you need a new hobby.
I do because it should be something you want to do. Being forced todo something for my job makes it hollow and me resentful if it's wrong. Most handshakes after series.... it's not big deal but there are the rare times I wouldn't want to and hate myself for doing it

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Would I shake the hand of someone who played fairly and outplayed me? Absolutely.

Would I shake the hand of someone who attacked my family and made Sean Avery-esk comments? No, I would not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad