Is There a Case For Kucherov > Ovechkin?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Based on your apparent maturity level you’re obviously too young to have been around back then, but pre-injury Stamkos (which is what the adults here are talking about) was very much comparable to Ovechkin and was in fact outplaying him at a younger age and on far worse teams.

You can keep on asking people how old they are, but everyone you’re responding to has been on this forum 10-15 years… we’re all old enough to remember Stamkos and Ovi as rookies…

There are no facts to support your opinion, or at least you haven’t brought any to the discussion.

Reactions: Regal

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
Ovi’s teams were perennial division winners while the Bolts were last place or close to it. Again, if you were alive back then, saw them play, and actually had a clue of what you were talking about, you’d have known that.

And don’t call me a troll just because I’m destroying you in this debate. Not my fault you lack the capacity for an intelligent rebuttal. Resorting to ad hominem attacks is simply the latest proof that you’re out of your depth. Take my advice son: quit before this just gets even more humiliating for you.

How many times are going to go after people's age? We're not talking about the Broad Street Bullies here, we're talking about 10-12 years ago, 90-95% of the forum remembers.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Is there a case for Sakic > Lemieux?

Didn't think so.
TIL Sakic peaked arguably as high as Lemieux in both the regular season and playoffs while winning more.

Of course Ovi for career is comfortably ahead but they are atleast similiar caliber of players, depending on what you prefer, at their best. Something that, of course, cannot be said for Sakic and Lemieux.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I feel like people forget what prime Ovechkin was like.
The 'edge of your seatedness' of that version of the player was like nothing I've fully seen since. Even today's most remarkable movers and rushers don't often leave you wondering if the play is going to leave with a goal or something being hit through the glass, but early prime Ovechkin could do next to anything you wanted to see even after the puck was stolen from him and he became a torpedo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad