Is There a Case For Kucherov > Ovechkin?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Simple question. Is there a case to be made that Nikita Kucherov is the overall better player than Alex Ovechkin? We're talking about career up until Kuchverov's age (29) and projection until they both retire. Will Kucherov be looked on as the better player between the two once they are both out of the league?

Points in favor of Kuch:

Insane Hockey IQ
Better playoffs production
Multiple cups and finals appearances

Points for ovechking:

The GOATscorer potentially.
Better peak.
Better name recognition/flashier player
RE: playoff production

See OV's goal scoring.

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
Lol he has zero case. Generational goal scorer sure, but not generational player on the level of Orr, Howe, Gretzky, Lemieux. Too one dimensional.
Probably a case for top 10, though, depending on many things.

Kicherov would have to do quite a bit to get anywhere near there.

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
How old are you? Because if you were alive back then you’d know that Stamkos was winning Rockets over Ovechkin at a younger age and on a much worse team. Making what you said seem pretty damn clueless.

He never hit 100 points, the biggest gap he had between himself and teammates was 23 points. Ovechkin hit 106 when the closest was 57 and then 112 when the closest was 69. The 2005-06 Capitals were worse than the 2011-12 Lightning.

He beat Ovechkin in 2010 by a goal playing 10 more games and was 14 points short playing 10 more games.

Great player. Still will end up as a pantheon goal scorer.

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
Must have missed when this happened.

"Tampa is good enough to finish 3rd in its division without Kucherov" probably doesn't pack the same punch, I suppose.

Tampa is 22-7-6 without Kucherov in the past two years. Maybe they don't win a Cup but they are good enough to make a deep playoff run without him just based on talent.

Reactions: Randyne

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Kucherov might be the "top" as he has the most points, surely, but can we really say he's the "best" ? Genuine question, wondering if Draisaitl didn't become the unanimous best after this year.
Draisaitl had a couple great postseasons playing next to Hockey Jesus; Kucherov’s been doing it for a decade as the leader of his team offensively. The two simply aren’t remotely comparable on a career level.

Not to mention this discussion has nothing to do with Drai, but then I know that in the absence of any championships Edmonton fans have to rely on overhyping their two players of any consequence to make themselves feel important. Take it to another thread if you must but it’s irrelevant to this one.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
How old are you? Because if you were alive back then you’d know that Stamkos was winning Rockets over Ovechkin at a younger age and on a much worse team. Making what you said seem pretty damn clueless.
The f*** are you talking about? They're not even comparable outside of "scores goals"

Reactions: Regal

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
The f*** are you talking about? They're not even comparable outside of "scores goals"
Based on your apparent maturity level you’re obviously too young to have been around back then, but pre-injury Stamkos (which is what the adults here are talking about) was very much comparable to Ovechkin and was in fact outplaying him at a younger age and on far worse teams.

• Haha

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Based on your apparent maturity level you’re obviously too young to have been around back then, but pre-injury Stamkos (which is what the adults here are talking about) was very much comparable to Ovechkin and was in fact outplaying him at a younger age and on far worse teams.
Good try, 08 Ovechkin dusts anything Stamkos has ever done. Period.

Far worse teams my f***ing ass, this is troll caliber shit and your join date pretty much proves it.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Good try, 08 Ovechkin dusts anything Stamkos has ever done. Period.

Far worse teams my f***ing ass, this is troll caliber shit and your join date pretty much proves it.
Ovi’s teams were perennial division winners while the Bolts were last place or close to it. Again, if you were alive back then, saw them play, and actually had a clue of what you were talking about, you’d have known that.

And don’t call me a troll just because I’m destroying you in this debate. Not my fault you lack the capacity for an intelligent rebuttal. Resorting to ad hominem attacks is simply the latest proof that you’re out of your depth. Take my advice son: quit before this just gets even more humiliating for you.

• Haha

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Ovi’s teams were perennial division winners while the Bolts were last place or close to it.

And don’t call me a troll just because I’m destroying you in this debate. Not my fault you lack the capacity for an intelligent rebuttal.
Buddy who do you think was in the Southeast? Nobody worth a damn, at all. Show me one season on par with Ovechkin's 08. Stamkos sucking and his team sucking with him on arrival doesn't mean anything.

And that would be a bottom feeder argument, except Ovechkin feasted on the Atlantic as well and pulled his own weight outside of division metrics and loved playing in Canada. You have absolutely nothing here, pack it up.

You've got to be real desperate to try to concoct a trash ass position that has Stamkos even pretending to be close to on par with Ovechkin as a player.

It's stunningly out of touch and outright embarrassing.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Buddy who do you think was in the Southeast? Nobody worth a damn, at all. Show me one season on par with Ovechkin's 08. Stamkos sucking and his team sucking with him on arrival doesn't mean anything.

And that would be a bottom feeder argument, except Ovechkin feasted on the Atlantic as well and pulled his own weight outside of division metrics and loved playing in Canada. You have absolutely nothing here, pack it up.

You've got to be real desperate to try to concoct a trash ass position that has Stamkos even pretending to be close to on par with Ovechkin as a player.

It's stunningly out of touch and outright embarrassing.
I’ve had enough of your immaturity. You clearly can’t rebut a single point I’ve made and humiliating “trash ass” (to use your clearly limited vocabulary) children simply isn’t fun for me. I’m through with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I’ve had enough of your immaturity. You clearly can’t rebut a single point I’ve made and humiliating children simply isn’t fun for me. I’m through with you.
You didn't make any points, you just pouted, talked shit, claimed to be the most adult in the process, and now you've bailed.

Show me anything that Stamkos did to beat Ovechkin's 07-08 season. Anything. Happy to wait, because you've got f***ing nothing. So sorry you've hit your personal limit but it sounds a lot more like you're too bothered to deal with any of the facts on the table.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Kucherov might be the "top" as he has the most points, surely, but can we really say he's the "best" ? Genuine question, wondering if Draisaitl didn't become the unanimous best after this year.

One point would be that Draisaitl has all of his scoring in earlier rounds, he is certainly up there but it's not clear cut either way.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
One point would be that Draisaitl has all of his scoring in earlier rounds, he is certainly up there but it's not clear cut either way.
Another would be that Kucherov has two championship rings while Draisaitl hasn’t won shit. Can’t take the title without winning a title. But again, Draisaitl is irrelevant to this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad