Is Slafkovsky the worst #1 pick ever ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

staveNsteel

Jan 18, 2021
@OVO16 how could he possibly be a bust at 19? I'm so tired of the insanely quick labeling of a player these days. At 23-24 we can talk.. at 19, not at all.. let the kid learn and develop!

Reactions: BLNY

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

5E1vtbs.gif

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
one of his best games, he is fitting in really well with CC and Suzuki and learning to use his body.

Good to see him get to shootout winner tonight. He was really engaged, creating a lot and held his own in the fight. Love his energy.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
@OVO16 how could he possibly be a bust at 19? I'm so tired of the insanely quick labeling of a player these days. At 23-24 we can talk.. at 19, not at all.. let the kid learn and develop!
This. Society has become all about instant gratification. If you're not the best at something right away, you're a failure. Throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I was wondering why this thread got bumped. I checked his stats tonight - nothing as usual.

Then I realized... it was bumped because he scored a shootout goal against a struggling rookie goaltender.

The bar for 1st overall picks really is low these days.
Word.

Shootout goals = acceptable.
Getting past the 1st round once = acceptable.

Whack standards

Reactions: dukeofjive

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
You're comparing individual stats to team stats.
Knowing my luck, probably next year.

By then another franchise would have lowered the bar to acceptable for a 1st overall and we'll have to see if Slaf has done that.

Probably just do something like grow a sketchy mustache

God damn ninja edits.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Knowing my luck, probably next year.

By then another franchise would have lowered the bar to acceptable for a 1st overall and we'll have to see if Slaf has done that.

Probably just do something like grow a sketchy mustache

God damn ninja edits.

Lots of 1st overall picks can't make it out of the 1st round.

Slaf, Dahlin, Power, etc.

The last 2 are actually good players too!

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
He's trending along very nicely. His shot making needs work - like, he's 19 - but there's really no need to complaint about his game now. Would still easily pick him around the top picks in that draft without much thought

Reactions: SergeConstantin74

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Yeah, he might be able to lead his team in scoring in the playoffs like Matthews has - I doubt it though given his regular season struggles.
No, but when it comes to game 7 he might be able to score. I don't know them personally, but it seems Matthews is fine with edging and Slaf wants to finish.

I guess we'll see.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
I was wondering why this thread got bumped. I checked his stats tonight - nothing as usual.

Then I realized... it was bumped because he scored a shootout goal against a struggling rookie goaltender.

The bar for 1st overall picks really is low these days.
I’m turning the corner on him. 2022 is not a strong draft crop and no else seems busy breaking away from the lot.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I would love Slaf to learn from Matthews how to lead a team beyond the second round... :popcorn:

You could have stopped it at lead a team - baby steps.

I’m turning the corner on him. 2022 is not a strong draft crop and no else seems busy to break away from the lot.

The second and third overall picks in that draft are much better than him if you take bias aside.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
You know Matthews led both teams in scoring against Tampa? He scored the only goal in Game 6 regulation - which was an elimination game. I get it though, the number 7 sounds cooler to you.

You're using some super particular nitpicking. Slaf might never play a Game 7 in his career - he might be out of the NHL before he makes the playoffs like Yakupov.

Yeah, Slaf can be the biggest bust in the NHL ever, it won't alter the fact that the Leafs are pathetic, with all your great players... Even a talentless team like Habs went farther recently, isn't that sad ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad