Is Slafkovsky the worst #1 pick ever ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
He's not a defenseman though. Why can't he do power forward things? He plays like he's an old man.

Being bigger than everyone when you’re a teenager isn’t the same when you start playing against grown men. He’s big even for the NHL but is he stronger than most players? I doubt it. If you’re used to being able to push other players around and you can’t do that anymore, it’s difficult to play your game and you have to find ways to adjust and keep trying to get stronger

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Yak put up some points in his first few years before completely cratering.
His problem wasn't point production. I can't speak for Slafkovsy because I haven't seen a game this season, but Yak played like he was brain dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: G Backup

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
In practices he will look like the best player. Clearly more talented than most of the team which is why he made the cut at 18. Has shown flashes of a 1st overall with a handful of unique IQ plays I don't see many hockey players do but the stats are underwhelming.
5 games into the season right now, yes but his actual play on the ice is better than last season, he’s showing improvements in every facets and is playing pretty good to be honest could have more points. His line with Dach and Newhook looked promising, looked like production would take a step this year too but now we’ll have to see how it goes.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
It’s a bad pick but it might not even end up the worst 1OA pick of the 2020s

Last edited:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
If Slafkovsky is getting all these premature threads after a rookie season of 10 points 39 games, I can only imagine if HFBoards was active when 1st overall pick Joe Thornton had 7 points in 55 games in his first season.. We all know how his career played out.

Way too early to tell with Slaf.

These threads are thinly veiled attacks on the Habs generally.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Played 7 good games in the Olympics and got overrated

His Olympics got overrated because of the SH%. The WC he was really good though. Still had no business going that high with such piss poor Liiga production

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I prefer Cooley but Slafkovsky definitely has more game than he has shown. I’d like to see a guy like that developed more patiently and allowed to dominate lesser leagues and develop confidence and an offensive identity. But that’s just me

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Nope. Probably Yakupov. Still early but I don’t get great vibes from him. I think it was a poor draft. Not expecting much from Wright either. Cooley and Nemec will probably be decent/good though.

Reactions: Shagrat59

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Nope. Probably Yakupov. Still early but I don’t get great vibes from him. I think it was a poor draft. Not expecting much from Wright either. Cooley and Nemec will probably be decent/good though.

Laf probably ends up better than Yak because he’ll play longer but comparing where they were up to this point Yak was better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad