Is Slafkovsky the worst #1 pick ever ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Habs have been so deprived of talent for so unbearably long that a 50 point player for them is like point per game. It’s still early. But acting like your #1OA being a perennial 50 point player is a success is just emblematic of how much that fan base has actually been suffering. But he is guaranteed to improve. Thompson looked like one of the worst players in the league for the longest time before he broke out. Rooting for you Montreal, I really am. Be patient. Every season that you see improvement is a successful season for him.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Habs have been so deprived of talent for so unbearably long that a 50 point player for them is like point per game. It’s still early. But acting like your #1OA being a perennial 50 point player is a success is just emblematic of how much that fan base has actually been suffering. But he is guaranteed to improve. Thompson looked like one of the worst players in the league for the longest time before he broke out. Rooting for you Montreal, I really am. Be patient. Every season that you see improvement is a successful season for him.
We haven't had a real ppg player since Kovalev , and even Kovalev was not regarded as an elite player or anything around the league just a first liner lol.

Believe me Slaf becoming a 50 point player would be fine if we had one of Bedard Leo Fantili or Michkov lol.
Just gotta keep our heads down and keep tanking

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Not sure how good he can potentially be, but little doubt in my mind, the Habs are handling his development horribly. He looked okay in a couple of games I saw earlier, but the last couple shows me he doesn’t belong in the nhl right now. I don’t know why they’re being so stubborn. Also, putting him with Josh Anderson is a terrible decision. Anderson has his attributes, but getting people the puck isn’t one of them. Slafkovsky should be with better playmakers than Anderson

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
We haven't had a real ppg player since Kovalev , and even Kovalev was not regarded as an elite player or anything around the league just a first liner lol.

Believe me Slaf becoming a 50 point player would be fine if we had one of Bedard Leo Fantili or Michkov lol.
Just gotta keep our heads down and keep tanking
Honestly looking at our track record with top 5 picks vs picks in the 10-20 range I think I might take the latter, especially with these doofuses running the show.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Honestly looking at our track record with top 5 picks vs picks in the 10-20 range I think I might take the latter, especially with these doofuses running the show.
You gotta keep taking cracks at it until you find a can't miss prospect, One you don't have to develop since clearly we cannot do that. Missing on one of Bedard Fantili Carlson and Michkov is like a bad joke :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Devonator

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
You gotta keep taking cracks at it until you find a can't miss prospect, One you don't have to develop since clearly we cannot do that. Missing on one of Bedard Fantili Carlson and Michkov is like a bad joke :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Yeah, but we got the new Pronger. Have faith in Bobrov and his european scouting. He proved himself in the past.

• Haha
Reactions: Craft Beer Lover

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Not sure how good he can potentially be, but little doubt in my mind, the Habs are handling his development horribly. He looked okay in a couple of games I saw earlier, but the last couple shows me he doesn’t belong in the nhl right now. I don’t know why they’re being so stubborn. Also, putting him with Josh Anderson is a terrible decision. Anderson has his attributes, but getting people the puck isn’t one of them. Slafkovsky should be with better playmakers than Anderson
This. Stick him next to Monahan for 5 games when Dvo gets back. Monahan is their best bet to get him going. If he can't make it work with him he's just not ready. After those 5 games make the call to keep him up or send him down.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Isn't he just someone that probably would have been draft like 4-6th in any normal year? I.e. just a regular prospect that might take a few years or might not pan out at all?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Why isn’t he in the AHL?

Isn't he just someone that probably would have been draft like 4-6th in any normal year? I.e. just a regular prospect that might take a few years or might not pan out at all?
Basically. The Habs keeping him in the NHL is doing more harm than good.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Rick Pagnutti the was worst.
No actually it was Doug Wickenheiser...at least in terms of what might have been....how the Habs passed on Denis Savard still astounds me to this day.....one of the best players of the 80's and so dynamic.....you can be sure Montreal would have won more Cups if they had taken Denis......

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsQC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad