Is Connor Mcdavid a "tier above" Sidney Crosby as a player?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Is Connor Mcdavid a "tier above" Sidney Crosby as a player?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
wow...... really? are you just ignoring where I said other than offense?

[mod] it means I think Crosby is better at every aspect of the game other than scoring(offense)

and yeah McDavid does do more than just score more points. he's just not as well rounded as Crosby is.

actually im sure there are advanced stats for the defensive side of the game
Yes that's what he does even when you point it it man that was clear as day yet he is still arguing against something you specifically didn't say and said explicitly that MCdavid was better at.

GreatGonzo

May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Yes that's what he does even when you point it it man that was clear as day yet he is still arguing against something you specifically didn't say and said explicitly that MCdavid was better at.
Pretty hypocritical to say the least since you completely avoided my last response only to piggyback off his :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
:laugh: They came into the league 2 years apart. He just started later in the NHL age wise. I can’t tell if you are being serious or not…

I am 100%. I don’t consider a 26 year old and an 18 year old of the same generation.

Keep finding random weird sentences to discredit Crosby though even though you don’t have any issues with him!

Reactions: PainForShane

GreatGonzo

May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
I am 100%. I don’t consider a 26 year old and an 18 year old of the same generation.

Keep finding random weird sentences to discredit Crosby though even though you don’t have any issues with him!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry to break it to you my guy, but maybe look up how long they consider a “generation.”

They started at the same time basically. Sounds like what you consider is actually quite false.

I mean, he won his first cup in crosbys 2nd year :laugh::laugh:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

You can't discredit someone by pointing out something they shouldn't be given credit for. It's not like someone said Crosby only won 2 cups. He won 3 and is given credit for 3. And fellow '05-'06 rookie, Kunitz won 4...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You can't discredit someone by pointing out something they shouldn't be given credit for. It's not like someone said Crosby only won 2 cups. He won 3 and is given credit for 3. And fellow '05-'06 rookie, Kunitz won 4...

Oh sorry other neutral entity to Crosby.

Funny how you guys just continue to discredit Sid. Funny also that MJ was the one who started this dialogue. The Crosby era was Ovechkin, Malkin, Kane, etc. Sid tied his comparables or lead them in cups.

GreatGonzo

May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Oh sorry other neutral entity to Crosby.

Funny how you guys just continue to discredit Sid. Funny also that MJ was the one who started this dialogue. The Crosby era was Ovechkin, Malkin, Kane, etc. Sid tied his comparables or lead them in cups.
:laugh::laugh: You are actually the one discrediting someone, and it’s Kunitz.

Good for you for staying stubborn even when faced with facts.

Reactions: I am not exposed

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
2 years ago the Penguins controlled their fate for making the playoffs with 2 games to go and their opponents were Chicago & Columbus (who were both tanking for Bedard)...

Crosby was -2 with zero points as the Penguins lost to Chicago—season over. No "willing" his teammates to victory that time I guess.

Cherry-picking "clutch" moments over a 19-year career is not evidence of anything, the same way my cherry-picked example is not proof that he is "not clutch". The truth is somewhere in the middle.
I doubt that anyone is going to go back and watch those games but in the Chicago game Crosby had a CF% of 74.5% and was 17-11 in the faceoff circle and the minus 2 was 2 ENG.

Against Columbus he had 2 PP assists and they lost the game 3-2 in OT and he wasn't on the ice.

He was 6-10 in the dot and had an average night but I didn't watch either game and I doubt that anyone here did and even if they did they won't remember all the details.

Looking at the TOI in the Columbus game my guess is that they were already eliminated from the playoffs so......not much to see there if that's the case.

Yes if you look at the top of the Columbus game the NYI had clinched the final spot before that game.

Last edited:

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I doubt that anyone is going to go back and watch those games but in the Chicago game Crosby had a CF% of 74.5% and was 17-11 in the faceoff circle and the minus 2 was 2 ENG.

Against Columbus he had 2 PP assists and they lost the game 3-2 in OT and he wasn't on the ice.

He was 6-10 in the dot and had an average night but I didn't watch either game and I doubt that anyone here did and even if they did they won't remember all the details.

Looking at the TOI in the Columbus game my guess is that they were already eliminated from the playoffs so......not much to see there if that's the case.

Yes if you look at the top of the Columbus game the NYI had clinched the final spot before that game.

The Columbus game didn't matter, that's correct.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think McDavid likely finishes above Crosby because I can't imagine he doesn't win one Cup and his regular season accolades and post season accolades are already above what Sid has done.

So not sure I feel that differently.

You lie on page 14 I found the first non Crosby thread but he did mention crosby though, here it is.

No. Benn benefitted from multiple guys missing significant games(Kane, Malkin, Crosby, Seguin, and Datsyuk) all while having 10 points in his last 3 games to seal the scoring title at the last minute.

Kane was actually leading the league before getting injured with Backstrom, Tavares, and Voracek closely behind.

RENT FREE 14 pages...like wow.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
You got busted on a falsehood. The integrity move would have been to fess up about it.
You got the like you wanted everyone knows the game here for your posts and you can't even defend goal scorers instead if it's one guy.

Pretty hypocritical to say the least since you completely avoided my last response only to piggyback off his :laugh:
15 pages of posts......okay.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The Columbus game didn't matter, that's correct.
Like I've said before I base my player evaluations on everything they do and even though his statline wasn't anything against Chicago the advanced stats indicate that he was a force out there just no puck luck much like McDavid in his low statline first 3 games against Florida.

I don't think that poster was cherry picking but a couple of other guys in this thread, it's like all they do.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

GreatGonzo

May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
You lie on page 14 I found the first non Crosby thread but he did mention crosby though, here it is.

RENT FREE 14 pages...like wow.
:laugh::laugh: Good deflecting on your part. Keep up the good work.

And? What’s the significance of that? Do you know what rent free even means?

So basically don’t mention Crosby when talking about Jamie Benns Art Ross….even though it ALWAYS gets mentioned and the fact that it’s major context…..that’s your logic? :laugh:

Also, that was a compliment to Crosby FYI. Don’t know how you didn’t see that though…

Saying Crosby missing games greatly benefited Benn in his race…which is a factual statement….”Rent free!!!”

Glad he’s got a neutral fan like you to defend him!
Nope, just correcting you as usual :thumbu:

Last edited:

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Crosby has shown to be the better 5v5 player while McDavid the past couple years has been at another level on the PP

Since most of the game is at 5v5 I'd go with Crosby.

GreatGonzo

May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Yeah, you sure got me the Penguins fan when you suddenly realized Chris Kunitz had more cups than Sid.

This is how crazy your bias has become you are utilizing Chris Kunitz over Sid as an argumentative point. Another unbiased 500 posts for you though.
It’s not an argumentative point, it’s a correction. Kunitz does in fact have 4 cups. That’s not taking him over Crosby, just like I wouldn’t take Point, who has 3 cups, over Ovechkin.

You are getting awfully sensitive about something that isn’t that big of a deal, do you realize that? You are accusing me of being “bias” by correcting a statement that was untrue…

Reactions: I am not exposed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad