Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So there's this. And two days ago was my grandfather's yahrzeit. And three days ago a good friend suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. Oh, and there were two separate medical scares in front of our house towards the end of the UA 4th of July parade. (Thankfully both gentlemen seem to be OK).

I'm beginning to dread this time of year. :(

• Wow
Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
So there's this. And two days ago was my grandfather's yahrzeit. And three days ago a good friend suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. Oh, and there were two separate medical scares in front of our house towards the end of the UA 4th of July parade. (Thankfully both gentlemen seem to be OK).

I'm beginning to dread this time of year. :(
Sending you good thoughts and positivity since a lot of us are battling issues. Happy 4th!!!

Reactions: Viqsi

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

The arena, which opened 24 years ago for $175 million, also needs a new roof and cooling towers, along with other mechanical and cosmetic upgrades totaling $60.2 million, according to an estimate from the authority.

The costliest upgrades would be improvements to the roof ($9 million); cooling towers ($7.5 million); a new scoreboard ($8.5 million); fire alarm replacement ($2.5 million); suite renovations ($1 million); club level renovations ($1.7 million); overhauling concession stands ($1.5 million); and improvements to the party tower LED displays ($675,000).

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio

The arena, which opened 24 years ago for $175 million, also needs a new roof and cooling towers, along with other mechanical and cosmetic upgrades totaling $60.2 million, according to an estimate from the authority.

The costliest upgrades would be improvements to the roof ($9 million); cooling towers ($7.5 million); a new scoreboard ($8.5 million); fire alarm replacement ($2.5 million); suite renovations ($1 million); club level renovations ($1.7 million); overhauling concession stands ($1.5 million); and improvements to the party tower LED displays ($675,000).
Doesn't feel that long ago they updated the scoreboard. What's the typical lifetime of a scoreboard?

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Doesn't feel that long ago they updated the scoreboard. What's the typical lifetime of a scoreboard?
It was straight out of the 2012-13 lockout. So barely over 10 years.

Not sure when the Cavs arena got their scoreboard but that thing is amazing.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137

Something I noticed upon re-reading

The authority has already authorized improvements, and it seeks to prioritize the rest and develop a funding plan.

Work is expected to begin in July on upgrades to the convention center's HVAC system, while new production equipment and a new fire alarm system are underway at the arena.
Hopefully this means better footage for training camp

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
It was straight out of the 2012-13 lockout. So barely over 10 years.

Not sure when the Cavs arena got their scoreboard but that thing is amazing.
I believe the Cavs scoreboard is from 2014. Every time I have gone to a Monsters game in Cleveland I am amazed at the difference. The Nationwide scoreboard is pretty pathetic.

Supposedly the RMFH video board cost $9.4M in 2014 so if the CBJ think they need just $8.5M in 2024 to upgrade their video board I am skeptical its going to be cutting edge. Perhaps the tech prices have some down...fingers crossed.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I believe the Cavs scoreboard is from 2014. Every time I have gone to a Monsters game in Cleveland I am amazed at the difference. The Nationwide scoreboard is pretty pathetic.

Supposedly the RMFH video board cost $9.4M in 2014 so if the CBJ think they need just $8.5M in 2024 to upgrade their video board I am skeptical its going to be cutting edge. Perhaps the tech prices have some down...fingers crossed.

They'll just buy 4 85" 4K tvs from Best Buy for $750 bucks.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Interesting conversation about Sillinger happening over on the Canucks board today. I was asked to weigh in as the resident Jackets fan in LT’s GM game discord as well.
E8B8E0BC-D867-49AD-9996-3827840B6148.png

Reactions: puckgoalnet

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Interesting conversation about Sillinger happening over on the Canucks board today. I was asked to weigh in as the resident Jackets fan in LT’s GM game discord as well. View attachment 896010
Seems ambitious but I wont be sad if hes right. If he adds more strength and loses some of his passiveness he'll be oser to that player. Dont feel the production of up to 70 points is very accurate

Reactions: LJ7 and Cowumbus

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
"50-70 point very good two-way 2C with speed" is an entirely different player.

Really hard to score that much when you're a below average passer. Really hard to have speed when you have to skate with 100% energy output just to compensate for weak skating ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad