Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Tell me you are desperate to show every you are not a train wreck of an organization without telling everyone you are a train wreck of an organization.

So the team is so dysfunctional they brought in this guy

instead of firing people? I am skeptical about this approach. They should have just fired some people and replaced them with people who would be competent. I don’t think Jarmo’s problem is that he is not positive enough. He entered the last two seasons thinking this was a playoff caliber team.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020

instead of firing people? I am skeptical about this approach. They should have just fired some people and replaced them with people who would be competent. I don’t think Jarmo’s problem is that he is not positive enough. He entered the last two seasons thinking this was a playoff caliber team.
motivational speaking, as a profession, is 50% snake oil salesman, 40% "live laugh love poster from a midwestern lady's kitchen" and 10% having a name that's easy to spell.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

Meh. This just sounds like a run-of-the-mill, dumb thing organizations do, whether they're 'successful' or 'dysfunctional' or in between. I wouldn't assume this is in response to anything in particular or is one action chosen over another.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
that motivational speaker's twitter bio says he's a texas longhorns fan AND a clemson tiger's fan which is one of the most loser-ass statements i have ever heard

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Can I take this moment to post my appreciation for how both Chinakhov and Marchenko have improved their English this year:

Yegor seems like he's not using an interpreter anymore, and sounds like he doesn't need one, he's able to hang in there now. I'm slightly surprised that it's happened this fast actually, I wasn't sure how fast he'd be able to pick it up.

Marchy on the other hand we already knew was doing well but it's great to see it right before our eyes, every 6 months or so I feel like he's taken another major step.

For all the things going wrong for the team this season, learning English for our Russians seems to be the perfect storm of good things. Haven't seen Voronkov recently but I hope he can follow in Yegor's footsteps - and if not, doesn't seem like it's hindering his play right now. :D

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV

WTH? Was Matt Foley already booked?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
My thoughts exactly. But people usually have a different feeling when he does it.

For me it totally depends on whether the player is having a public fit over the team having an issue or whether a player is having a fit because of his personal struggles. It really doesn't help the team if a guy is having his personal meltdown in front of everyone because he keeps giving the puck away. I don't really recall if that's the way Laine's meltdowns have gone, I'm just telling you why you might get some different reactions.

Even the team focused meltdown, if I can call it that, requires some tact. Like you can have a Dubi like attitude if the team is afloat and can win, but you do that every game on a bad team and it's not constructive, it just makes guys mentally check out.

Reactions: thebus88

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Consider me on this train. He will be in a state of decline before this team is ready to contend. Let's just go all in and do this right.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Call me a naysayer. i get Boone is a likeable guy but I honestly don't know exactly what veteran leadership he provides. I've been trying to figure it out since he was named captain.

Leaving aside the leadership aspects that we don't get to observe, he's been the best player on the team this year and does things the right way.

We get all hyped about these young guys who don't have the details and the game sense yet, they're going to have to learn it from someone.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Leaving aside the leadership aspects that we don't get to observe, he's been the best player on the team this year and does things the right way.

We get all hyped about these young guys who don't have the details and the game sense yet, they're going to have to learn it from someone.
I mean that's fine but I'm not sure the silent type he comes across as is the most effective for the team.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I mean that's fine but I'm not sure the silent type he comes across as is the most effective for the team.

Was creeping here to see if there was any news on Werenski for my fantasy pool but I can chime in on this. My Canucks have seen a night and day difference since we let go of Horvat who sounds very Jenner-esque. Obviously there was a coaching change which had a major impact but some teams just don’t do well with the strong silent leadership type.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad