Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Because everyone once in awhile he posts something like this

Boone Jenner hasn't played that many penalties for his absence to be the reason for that %. Besides, Kuraly, Danforth, Sillinger and Texier are no worse than him on PK. If need be, Marchenko and Chinakhov can play some time.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Boone Jenner hasn't played that many penalties for his absence to be the reason for that %. Besides, Kuraly, Danforth, Sillinger and Texier are no worse than him on PK. If need be, Marchenko and Chinakhov can play some time.
It's a small sample size, but they had 2 PPs in each game and were scored on one each game. Not a major point but something to pay attention to moving forward.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Per The Athletic, it sounds like Bally’s (Diamond) has reached an agreement to continue regional NHL coverage including the Blue Jackets. Good news on one hand for those of us with cable. Maybe bad news for those relying on the wonderful leading edge Bally’s app. :cool:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Per The Athletic, it sounds like Bally’s (Diamond) has reached an agreement to continue regional NHL coverage including the Blue Jackets. Good news on one hand for those of us with cable. Maybe bad news for those relying on the wonderful leading edge Bally’s app. :cool:
I have been able to watch about the equivalent of one period of televised CBJ action this season because the app doesn't work for me. So I guess whatever. The counter could be that I've missed a lot of exasperating hockey.

MAHJ71

Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Is that with or without Amazon's help? If they could broadcast them on Amazon Prime Video, I'd much rather use their app - at least in terms of reliability/hassle.

EDIT: found the article.. the way it reads its only through the end of this season.

NHL, Diamond reach agreement for local broadcasts

After this season, the broadcast rights for all 11 affected clubs will return to the NHL, but nobody can say yet what those clubs’ TV plans will look like next season and beyond.

The Wall Street Journal reported earlier this week that Amazon.com, Inc., is in talks with Diamond and its creditors about acquiring multiyear streaming rights to MLB, NBA and NHL games that are currently carried on cable channels operated by the regional sports networks (RSNs). Any possible deal is subject to approval by the bankruptcy court.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Is that with or without Amazon's help? If they could broadcast them on Amazon Prime Video, I'd much rather use their app - at least in terms of reliability/hassle.

EDIT: found the article.. the way it reads its only through the end of this season.

NHL, Diamond reach agreement for local broadcasts
Yes, thru seasons end. From my perspective I’d like nothing better than for Diamond to bust except that my luck is the alternative will be worse, as hard as that is to imagine

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Zach Werenski leads the team in points. He is also somehow +1 on the season. He is tied for 11th in the NHL in scoring among defensemen. He has 1 goal and 24 assists in 30 games.

Reactions: LJ7

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Zach Werenski leads the team in points. He is also somehow +1 on the season. He is tied for 11th in the NHL in scoring among defensemen. He has 1 goal and 24 assists in 30 games.
And yet, most people still consider him to be far from his optimal form, and I think, rightfully so

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The last couple weeks I think Zach looks amazing offensively, he's slicing all around the offensive zone and we're getting a lot of dangerous possessions (and goals) out of it. I don't think he's far from his optimal form, just needs to tighten up defensively a bit.

Reactions: LJ7

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Yeah, if he could shoot even 5% he'd have three more goals. His career shooting % is 6.8%.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
The last couple weeks I think Zach looks amazing offensively, he's slicing all around the offensive zone and we're getting a lot of dangerous possessions (and goals) out of it. I don't think he's far from his optimal form, just needs to tighten up defensively a bit.
We need to talk more about how good his skating is this year. I don't remember him being so good before the shoulder injury. I wonder if he spent time with a skating coach during his recovery because that was on-ice work he could do.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Panarin, Duchene, and Karlsson are among the five former Jackets with more points than our leading scorer.

For me the interesting part is who the other two are.

That's today's trivia question.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Panarin, Duchene, and Karlsson are among the five former Jackets with more points than our leading scorer.

Got 'em. Spoiler Alert: Not Ryjo

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
IMG_5313.jpeg

average attendance numbers and such, through jan 1st.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

I count 6. I guessed 2 and found a third who surprised me. Hint - he has 27 points.

23 27 50
15 17 32
11 20 31
11 18 29 - I guessed him because you asked the question
8 19 27
17 10 27

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Bjorkstrand and JAM seem to be obvious. I haven't looked at my list recently but is Cam Atkinson having a bounce back year?

I know Josh Anderson was struggling quite a bit the first two months or so, so probably not him.

Other considerations - Duclair, but I think he fell off after the injury, Wennberg sometimes will sneakily have a bunch of assists if he's on a good line. And Seth Jones usually does something like 2-28-30 by this point of a season occasionally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad