Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I hope we get some stories in 10 years to shed some light on these things...

Johnny and the cannon, erm, fireworks, at 08:25. :D

I can't wait for the early season video with the injuries where they just copy and paste the "Bring out your dead" clip from Monty Python and the Holy Grail into it.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Did we notice this... :D #kevincollins (I hope he doesn't mind getting this attention lol)
#AlsoRyan
2022_11_behindthebattle_kevin.jpg

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Through it all I stand by my Kevin Collins post. I still cannot believe someone asked if we even have a strength coach.
And not only that, we have an assistant, too!

Didn't know this before the start of the season but right now we'll take all the entertainment we can get. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: LJ7

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Through it all I stand by my Kevin Collins post. I still cannot believe someone asked if we even have a strength coach.

Wonder how worried that person was when he found out his name is Kevin

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Not strictly a CBJ thing (unless you're already cynical about Laine and want to try to fit this into that narrative ;) ), but I nonetheless found this interesting:
I would be curious to know which teams give up the most slap shots because they aren’t good at pressuring the puck.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Probably the most likely, and supported by the fact that Shaw hasn't gotten an NHL HC gig after being an assistant for nearly two decades.

Would be a really weird thing to suddenly believe these things about a GM who you worked with for 10+ years across two orgs!

IMO his criticism of Jarmo would maybe be more along the lines of "he broke up the old core" but with PLD demanding a trade and Jones not wanting to stick around, he pretty much had to commit to a rebuild. Not to mention that Jarmo put that core together and went all-in on that core in 2019.
I think it's more like, Jarmo keeps saddling me with these soft, speedy skaters who won't forecheck or hit anybody. And that's not the kind of hockey I'm trying to play here.

Last edited:

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Not strictly a CBJ thing (unless you're already cynical about Laine and want to try to fit this into that narrative ;) ), but I nonetheless found this interesting:
This makes so much sense and is so sad that it makes me wanna cry. :(

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020

Sort of looks like Bob's old place.

It's not, that shot is looking north (hence the Crew stadium being on the left). The concrete building on the right is COSI and the one behind it is the veterans museum.

There's a high rise apartment building in that area. Would be kinda weird for him to still be renting though.

You can see Bob's old building if you look closely, it's right by the windowpane behind Laine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad