Inside the Habs draft - premieres August 22, 7:00 p.m. on YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
I'd be curious to know who KH was taking to on the phone when he said ''if our guy slips to us, we'll take him, otherwise we make the trade'' at 21, or something like that.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Man i would pay big money to see that whole draft list.
And the 10 years before as well.
Timmins must have shitty list

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
He sounds/looks autistic

Close. He's Irish.

daniel-day-lewis.gif

Leto

The Conciliator
Feb 16, 2023
South Shore
I'd be curious to know who KH was taking to on the phone when he said ''if our guy slips to us, we'll take him, otherwise we make the trade'' at 21, or something like that.

Possibly Anaheim? They traded for the Leafs' pick (23OV) to draft Stian Solberg. I believe Hughes said at the draft they were ready to trade back if they didn't get their guy.​

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah really interesting - I think it sounded like the comparison was against Lindstrom, could be Iginla.. no one else fits that bill. Didn't sound like it was close for them on Demidov against any of the other forwards.

Rockstrom saying he didn't think he would even be there.

Hage was the target at 21, only 20% chance they thought they'd get him. After that, it sounds like they were looking at 'big character' guys in that round.

Had to be the Hawks offering the future unprotected first and a 2nd since we know they offered that to CBJ as well.

Wonder what the offer was for 21 if Hage wasn't there, maybe it was McGroarty straight up?

Billy Ryan going to bat for Merrill and the Boyle comparison, that's a really interesting one.

They had a 4th round grade on Khanin and thought he could be at the same level as Sawyer.

The Sawyer comparison to Hage was intriguing too, must think that if he dedicates fully to hockey they can pull that level of potential out of him.

Riendeau seemed to be very high on Vecvanags, wished we had heard a bit more around why he felt that way.

Thorpe and Protz the only two we didn't hear about in the documentary cut.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Possibly Anaheim? They traded for the Leafs' pick (23OV) to draft Stian Solberg. I believe Hughes said at the draft they were ready to trade back if they didn't get their guy.​
Yeah, i was thinking Anaheim, or maybe Winnipeg?

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Interesting video. Quite a bit of repetition from last year's video and /or the one before though. Like getting Boisvert to talk about how each pick is important. Could have taken the footage from the previous time. A few other things I noticed as well.

I wish they would have talked a bit more about each kid, especially Thorpe who is que intriguing.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
So

They were pretty much unanimous on Demidov.

Hage was a no brainer for them at 21.

Koivu and Sawyer were at the top of their 57 to 78 group.

They considered Khanin a 4th rounder. Must have been ecstatic with him at 210.

Riendeau really liked Vecvanags in the 5th.

Merrill trains with Brian Boyle every week. Good IQ and defensive ability.

No word on Protz, Thorpe and Bergvist.

What I'm reading from that is:
Pick 5, 21, 70 and 78 went very well for them and they got who they expected.

They didn't expect Protz and Thorpe to be available at 102 and 130 so they went with them ahead of Khanin.

They wanted a goalie so Riendeau got his Vecvanags pick.

I guess they realized nobody scouted Khanin so kept their Merrill pick and picked a guy they wanted in the 4th at 210.

I wonder if Bergqvist is a Rockstrom or a Lehman pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad