Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
That'll come back to bite Chicago.

Pirri asked for a trade. That's what they got for not giving him a chance. Had to sell low.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
am i mistaken or Phillips and the Sens were/are talking contract extension ?
maybe it's much ado about nothing and he will stay in Ottawa

What's being reported is that Phillips wants a two year deal and the Sens are only offering a one year extension.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
More from AD's live chat tonight:

Adrian, Are we adding some defense by the deadline.

Originally Posted by Adrian Dater
If they don't think they can sign Stastny, yes

Dater in full speculation mode masquerading as insider info.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
And really, what difference does it make if Stastny makes 6 million or 6.6? That's not the difference between signing a defenseman or any other move. Who really cares? It's not like any of us "win" to get Stastny on a cheaper deal. It's just like O'Reilly, who cares if he gets "overpaid" 500k?

I agree with you. As a matter of fact, I'm comfortable going as high as $7 million AAV to keep Stastny. His ability to play against other teams' top lines, his leadership, and his overall two-way game make him worth it IMO. If we are going to go that high with him, though, I'd rather have the contract be shorter than longer or to not have an NTC. If MacKinnon's defensive game develops faster than expected, I wouldn't want to be paying $7 million for a 3rd line center. But until then, his ability to play the toughest minutes makes him worth it.

member 116861

And Chicago totally wants to help improve the Avs with them breathing down their neck in the race to the playoffs.

Pirri won't make much of a difference for our team this season especially in the playoffs.

member 116861

C'mon, does every nice move another team makes have to be followed by "Where were the Avs on that one?"

What would Brandon Pirri do for the Avs?

For a team that has zero forward depth in the minors, adding the leading scorer of the AHL last year for a 3rd and 5th would have been nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad