Impact thread - Saputo n'est pas Briand Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I remembered JP saying something about Martinez a while ago so I looked it up real quick

to celebrate the fact that Martinez is about to obliterate the current goal record in this league, let's take a trip down memory lane and let's see what in-house coach @JunglePete had to say about Josef Martinez in 2017

If this game proved one thing is that Martinez is vastly overrated and I kept telling Atl fans he is no way MVP worthy, especially not a candidate over Nacho. Most of his 17 goals were against 9-10 men and tap ins. Thank God he is a selfish forward bc that could've hurt our Goal Differential (Villalba could've had his hattrick).

As for overrated, Nikolic, Dom Dwyer, Bedoya and Josef Martinez. Martinez mostly scores in penalties, tap ins or when the opposite team is down a man.

He's [AJH] probably the most luckiest player in MLS (after Josef Martinez who's 10x more annoying with scoring 11v9 and PK goals)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Martinez won't get the chance to get his hat trick or equal the record. He just got subbed off. He didn't seem pleased with Tata's decision.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Damn, TFC tied it in the 91st minute.

Edit: Going to VAR. Possible off-side. (Looks off-side to me).

Edit #2: No VAR. Ref was just consulting with them. Goal stands.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
God damn I hope the MLS follows Atlanta. Yeah paying for young prospects is expensive, but the ROI you get from filling the stands, hype and reselling the player later on is way superior to the initial investment

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Canadian youth international scoring in his professional debut with Gent (off the bench)

Welp, thats one more team to follow this season

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I remembered JP saying something about Martinez a while ago so I looked it up real quick

to celebrate the fact that Martinez is about to obliterate the current goal record in this league, let's take a trip down memory lane and let's see what in-house coach @JunglePete had to say about Josef Martinez in 2017

We all remember that, like all the ludicrous things he's said throughout the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad