OT: IMFC Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Isn't there a rule somewhere that says that the player's salary is supposed to be around 10% of the transfer fee? If so I guess that would make him a young DP

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hopefully it'll be on a better pitch .

They're playing at IMG Academy. This is an overview of their various fields. In this image, the one with the most seats is the football field, which would still be an upgrade over LV.

maxresdefault.jpg

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I thought they'd be playing at Al lang stadium, which ia good pitch. That'll have to wait till the invitational starts, Saturday.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Isn't there a rule somewhere that says that the player's salary is supposed to be around 10% of the transfer fee? If so I guess that would make him a young DP

But I think then they could still buy down his salary with GAM. Probably better to keep him as a young DP, he'd be the only one we have, unless Vargas is. I think we can have two.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
But I think then they could still buy down his salary with GAM. Probably better to keep him as a young DP, he'd be the only one we have, unless Vargas is. I think we can have two.
And even if we can't, I'm sure there's an obscure MLS rule out there we can exploit to make it happen. Otherwise yeah throw Monopoly money to make it go away

Reactions: ShaMu

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

I believe we had some sort of problem when we bought Cabrera for 1.5M$ a few years ago. But I can't remember how it went

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
We slept on Taider being on loan ; The Montreal Impact announced on Monday the acquisition of French midfielder and Algerian international Saphir Taïder as a Designated Player, following a three-year deal, including a two-year loan from Italian club Bologna FC 1909, and an option for 2021.

:facepalm: my question is as Joey owns both team, what's the point of loaning every single player? Scrubs like Mancosu, Boldor I get it but him and Dzemaili? He's a DP too. There's no logic. To me it encourages them more to go back to Bologna when things go bad as they'll earn the exact same salary but surrounded with better players. I mean there must be a valid reason why?

If Fofana is indeed coming here, Cabrera will be somewhere else by the end of the summer when Fisher is ready. Fisher - Fofana could be a killer duo.

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
We slept on Taider being on loan ; The Montreal Impact announced on Monday the acquisition of French midfielder and Algerian international Saphir Taïder as a Designated Player, following a three-year deal, including a two-year loan from Italian club Bologna FC 1909, and an option for 2021.

:facepalm: my question is as Joey owns both team, what's the point of loaning every single player? Scrubs like Mancosu, Boldor I get it but him and Dzemaili? He's a DP too. There's no logic. To me it encourages them more to go back to Bologna when things go bad as they'll earn the exact same salary but surrounded with better players. I mean there must be a valid reason why?

If Fofana is indeed coming here, Cabrera will be somewhere else by the end of the summer when Fisher is ready. Fisher - Fofana could be a killer duo.

To prevent the MLS from getting a share of the profits on a resale. This league is so centralized it isn't even funny.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I was watching NYCFC getting their ass kicked by Atletico San Luis, lol. NYCFC subbed in this long haired teenager, Justin Haak, and the crowd started chanting Cavani, Cavani, Cavani! And everytime he would touch the ball the stadium errupted, and then would die down as soon as he passed it, hilarious. They did that for the rest of the game. He didnt play to bad either.

Last edited:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I mean there must be a valid reason why?

He keeps his assets in both places... when you think about it, why wouldnt he do it this way?
It probably helps to bring players in too, the fact that like you say, if things go bad, it's easier to go back. The MLS is unknown territory for most soccer players. Maybe Taider or Dzemaili wouldnt have come here if not for a loan deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
To prevent the MLS from getting a share of the profits on a resale. This league is so centralized it isn't even funny.
It does make sense but it's a bit idiotic. It's not like Dze and Taider have big market value. No teams will spend millions to get them, if they are on free then it's a different story. But it shows how greedy Saputo really is. Watch it if Taider leaves Mtl/Bologna or Dzemaili leaves Bologna it'll be on free.

He keeps his assets in both places... when you think about it, why wouldnt he do it this way?
It probably helps to bring players in too, the fact that like you say, if things go bad, it's easier to go back. The MLS is unknown territory for most soccer players. Maybe Taider or Dzemaili wouldnt have come here if not for a loan deal.
You're probably correct but to me it screams half assed (if Dze only came here bc it was a loan), as obviously less than a year later he returned to Bologna. I'd rather get a Victor Vazquez that is 100% your player than a Dze who still has Bologna in his thoughts.

I don't know... it's not a that big of a deal but NYCFC fans would never tolerate having their stars players on loan from Man City

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It does make sense but it's a bit idiotic. It's not like Dze and Taider have big market value. No teams will spend millions to get them, if they are on free then it's a different story. But it shows how greedy Saputo really is. Watch it if Taider leaves Mtl/Bologna or Dzemaili leaves Bologna it'll be on free.

You're probably correct but to me it screams half assed (if Dze only came here bc it was a loan), as obviously less than a year later he returned to Bologna. I'd rather get a Victor Vazquez that is 100% your player than a Dze who still has Bologna in his thoughts.

I don't know... it's not a that big of a deal but NYCFC fans would never tolerate having their stars players on loan from Man City

No, instead, they had to stomach having Lampard loaned to City :laugh:

Reactions: ArtPeur

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I'd rather get a Victor Vazquez that is 100% your player than a Dze who still has Bologna in his thoughts.

Vazquez was at Cruz Azul (iirc) in Liga MX and not performing well before he came to Toronto. Very different situation than Dzemaili, who was the best player at Bologna, in Serie A.

Reactions: QuebecPride

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Probably because IMFC's operations can't afford to buy-out Taider. Might also be that Bologna pleaded to keep his rights if he is ever sold to anyone else since they were the one who bought him in the first place. As always, the MLS rules are also shady when it comes to buying players. I know in some cases the league can help to pay a player's clause, but I believe it's in the case of a North American who plays in a top league and wants to come back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad