OT: IMFC Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
The problem with Cristiano this year is that he just can't finish. For the last few years you can definitely see that he's basically become a box player and barely has any touches on the ball outside of the box. But once he got a chance in box he was always lethal and could score. This year when you combine the fact he can't finish off his chances and he barely has any influence on the build up, it becomes very tough for Madrid. In a perfect world you sell him, but they are in a tough spot with him. Gonna be hard to find a team willing to pay the sale price and his wages if they are not convinced he can still deliver. But I agree to move forward and make room for younger players they will have to sell him somehow because I don't think he will accept being benched at some point.

It's sad seeing a player decline. But he dominated for so long that....

I only hope he can lift the World Cup this summer.

f***ing legend.

Reactions: ThaDevilGirl

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Teams can still sell after the window is closed. They just can't buy.

I see. I was trying to find a bit more information about MLS and stuff.. because I remember some players being unable to join the team within some months and I found this:

MLS offers two separate transfer windows over the course of a season. During these time periods MLS clubs can trade players, draft picks, allocation money, and other assets to one another or clubs from other leagues.
Primary transfer window - Feb. 14-May 8
Secondary (Summer) window - July 10-Aug. 9

MLS clubs may announce incoming/outgoing player trades outside of the transfer windows, but a player will not be officially added to the club’s roster until his International Transfer Certificate (ITC) is transferred. A player’s ITC may only be transferred during one of the MLS transfer windows. That is: the traded player cannot compete in official MLS matches for the recipient club until his ITC is transferred during either the primary or secondary transfer window.

https://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2017/06/29/league-rules-mls-transfer-windows

So I guess we still can't trade for Nguyen

Schweinsteiger was also announced on March 21st and left ManU the following week before joining Chicago. So you're right. Do teams have to pay a transfer fee? I don't remember many players leaving Europe late in season (and after transfer windows) but I see that Schweinsteiger was a free transfer

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
According to this site :
2018 MLS Jerseys we are definitely having a new jersey for 2018.

Last year it was the away jersey. Which, IMO, was a downgrade compared to the previous away jersey.

Also, I read somewhere that MLS isn’t interested in third jerseys anymore.

So all directions point to a new home jersey. I have high expectations. The previous two were beautiflly designed. Black and blue stripes are a great combo for IMFC.

Quick opinions about the released jerseys so far:

DC, Vancouver and Columbus going all black (dark grey). A bit tasteless, but I personally like them.

LAG and Portland are extremely clean, love them.

Union could’ve also been great, but the sponsor ruins it.

Not diggin Seattle nor NE.

Indifferent about RSL and NYRB.

Last edited:

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
The lack of rumors lately is starting to concern me. We're approaching the seasln opener and we still have a lot of holes left.
I'm concerned as well. I also would love to get a bonafide striker and #10, but I suppose a resurrected Mancosu and super sub AJH *could* do the job, along with Vargas at 10 (or even RW since that's also a big question mark - no Oduro pls). At LW we have an abundance of riches in Piatti, Edwards and Choinière

At CB the nightmare is the possibility of either Diallo or Cabrera getting injured. LB and RB positions are set with Raitala/Lovitz and Duvall/Petrasso respectively. And the middle should be fine with Piette, Taider, Donadel and LBG

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
The lack of rumors lately is starting to concern me. We're approaching the seasln opener and we still have a lot of holes left.

Not sure about a lot of holes. I think we need one more CB and one more attacking player (AM preferably). I'm ready to give Mancosu another chance and we'll re-evaluate in the summer.

Reactions: ArtPeur

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
According to this site :
2018 MLS Jerseys we are definitely having a new jersey for 2018.

Last year it was the away jersey. Which, IMO, was a downgrade compared to the previous away jersey.

Also, I read somewhere that MLS isn’t interested in third jerseys anymore.

So all directions point to a new home jersey. I have high expectations. The previous two were beautiflly designed. Black and blue stripes are a great combo for IMFC.

Quick opinions about the released jerseys so far:

DC, Vancouver and Columbus going all black (dark grey). A bit tasteless, but I personally like them.
LAG and Portland are extremely clean, love them.

Union could’ve also been great, but the sponsor ruins it.

Not diggin Seattle nor NE.

Indifferent about RSL and NYRB.

On dirait du velours sur le chandail de Seattle :huh::thumbd::shakehead:eek:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Yeah, that Seattle jersey is really ugly.

Personally, I rather the kits with the adidas stripes on the side, like the one we had last year. I wouldnt mind we keep black and blue stripes too.

Last edited:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
About the lineup. My beleif is that soccer games are won in the midfield, and if we look at our current lineup we only have 3 proven MLS quality midfielders, and we cant count on Donadel to stay healthy. With what we have, we cant really play a 433. And we're missing depth all down through the middle (CF, CM, CB).

Another concern is that, any lineup I can think of, we'd need either a #10 or a RW. If we do play Vargas as a #10, then we'll still be missing a RW and vice versa. Our options on the RW would be Oduro, Petrasso, Salazar and maybe Choiniere. Petrasso is better than Oduro but has yet to play in MLS.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
We need some additional depth at CB at the very least. If Diallo or Cabrera gets injured early in the season ( god forbid) the team is looking at playing people out of position and the whole balance is screwed. And that's assuming Cabrera is at the point where he can be a season long starter.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
MLS should've abolished 3rd jersey kits from the moment Colorado Rapids came out with theirs. Looked like it was design by a bunch of preschool kids.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Chicago Fire Home Kit:

chicago-fire-2018-home-kit-2.jpg

Houston Dynamo Away Kit leaked:

houston-dynamo-2018-away-kit-2.jpg

TFC Away Kit leaked:

toronto-2018-away-kit-2.jpg

Last edited:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
MLS should've abolished 3rd jersey kits from the moment Colorado Rapids came out with theirs. Looked like it was design by a bunch of preschool kids.

They would've ban the Impact with their preschool kid level of management. (For last year, I'm willing to give them a chance with Garde)

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
You mean the yellow and blue ones?
Yes. The Avalanche had a similar jersey back then (2002-2004 circa). They got rid of it fast.

Looks like it became their away kit for 3 seasons now. I thought it was their third kit. Oh well, no wonder they suck and no one is looking for them, that's what they get for hurting my eyes.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Who came up with that Houston design? It's ewww.. unless it's just because they are waiting for a new sponsor but those stripes :/

Sa que c'est ca l'equipe 18/19?

Probably. But. MLS trade window opens up on Feb. 14th, so we could see some action

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Yes. The Avalanche had a similar jersey back then (2002-2004 circa). They got rid of it fast.

Looks like it became their away kit for 3 seasons now. I thought it was their third kit. Oh well, no wonder they suck and no one is looking for them, that's what they get for hurting my eyes.

The Rapids are owned by the same dude who owns Arsenal. That’s actually Arsenal’s alternate kit as well

24D1B76700000578-2915710-image-a-9_1421605226668.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad