IIHF World Championship

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Didnt see the match, but typically losing to a lesser team (no offense to Kazakstan) only makes Finns stronger.

Gonna pick Swiss game over US-CAN today. Go Nico! I think Swiss honestly could win the whole thing. Apparently theyre waiting on likes of Fiala and Josi still.

Reactions: TheDuke93

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Nico gains the zone and sets up Meier. I could get used to this.

Meier as a player would be a nice addition but that contract is a big impediment. Getting paid 10 million in his last year is a huge ask for a team to take on. I believe he has a ridiculous QO due to that too so you essentially have to treat his contract as a UFA contract. Plus San Jose likely has to maximize his value to get rid of some of their horrendous contracts because Burns, Karlsson, and Vlasic deals are immovable.

If his contract can drive down the value to something reasonable, Devils should be all over him.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Meier as a player would be a nice addition but that contract is a big impediment. Getting paid 10 million in his last year is a huge ask for a team to take on. I believe he has a ridiculous QO due to that too so you essentially have to treat his contract as a UFA contract. Plus San Jose likely has to maximize his value to get rid of some of their horrendous contracts because Burns, Karlsson, and Vlasic deals are immovable.

If his contract can drive down the value to something reasonable, Devils should be all over him.
Im not a big fan of Meier's game, though hes an excellent player

the only reason id consider bringing him over is he and Nico has incredible chemistry, dating back to their Swiss days from what Ive read (and seen in the tourneys theyve played in).

Id prefer Fiala but thats a pipe dream.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
nice move by Nico to avoid that danish player near the blueline and then set up Meier for a goal right after. great shot by Meier as well

Can I ask something?

why is international ice bigger? And do they prefer the way the game is played over there as fans vs NA ice?

swiiscompos

Dec 9, 2018
London, UK

the only reason id consider bringing him over is he and Nico has incredible chemistry, dating back to their Swiss days from what Ive read (and seen in the tourneys theyve played in).

I think we would all like to get Fiala + Josi...

Reactions: Goomba

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I think Meier would be nice as a guy with size who constantly attacks the net. Would be a nice compliment to Hughes or Hischier in that sense. I’m not entirely sure about coughing up the assets it would take to get San Jose to deal him, unless they’re looking at dumping his contract.

Reactions: Goomba

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
I think Meier would be nice as a guy with size who constantly attacks the net. Would be a nice compliment to Hughes or Hischier in that sense. I’m not entirely sure about coughing up the assets it would take to get San Jose to deal him, unless they’re looking at dumping his contract.
I suppose when I said Im not a fan of Meier's game, I meant moreso the way he plays when hes not in the offensive zone

I find him to be lackadaisical when its not an offensive rush or powerplay. This could be attributed to San Jose's poor play however.

I also could be overstating this as I dont get the chance to watch too many Sharks games

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
I think we would all like to get Fiala + Josi...

who wouldnt

who-wouldn-and-_39_t-photo-u1

Proxy.ashx

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I suppose when I said Im not a fan of Meier's game, I meant moreso the way he plays when hes not in the offensive zone

I find him to be lackadaisical when its not an offensive rush or powerplay. This could be attributed to San Jose's poor play however.

I also could be overstating this as I dont get the chance to watch too many Sharks games

I feel like his type of player has a tendency to look like that. Because when they’re on, they’re impactful and constantly impacting the play. When they’re not, even if they aren’t a detriment, you think they’re just coasting around because their top level can be dominant. He’s the kind of player you want when playoffs roll around in my opinion.

Reminds of Zacha in that sense. You hear Tampa fans complaining a lot about Killorn’s regular season play, but when he’s full-on in the playoffs, he’s an absolute menace. Henrique and Palmieri are probably relatable examples from Devils players.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
That was one of the most dominant 1-0 games I've ever seen. Switzerland had over 30 shots and Denmark only had 4. Switzerland had no powerplays either and Denmark had two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad